Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Mate, delete some PMs- tried sending you one but it says your quota is full :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Blackrock seems to be open, for anyone who's interested.

For anyone in the know; as someone aiming for S&T, would I be better applying for the Analytics & Risk division at Blackrock? I think Investments would be more suited for someone aiming for IBD, right?

ReputationRep:
    Whats your grades,uni,course etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Blackrock seems to be open, for anyone who's interested.

For anyone in the know; as someone aiming for S&T, would I be better applying for the Analytics & Risk division at Blackrock? I think Investments would be more suited for someone aiming for IBD, right?
    Thanks a lot.

I think because you're going for a more quantitative role, Analytics & Risk would be ideal. They've got a quant subsection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Whats your grades,uni,course etc?
    Was this aimed at me?

(Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Thanks a lot.

I think because you're going for a more quantitative role, Analytics & Risk would be ideal. They've got a quant subsection.
    It's hard to choose though - I noticed they've also got a fixed income subsection within the investments division, which as you know is what I'm interested in. It seems like it would be a good chance to get an insight into the FI markets. However, the quant role does sound tasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Was this aimed at me?

Haha yeah bro, i'd like to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    It's hard to choose though - I noticed they've also got a fixed income subsection within the investments division, which as you know is what I'm interested in. It seems like it would be a good chance to get an insight into the FI markets. However, the quant role does sound tasty.
    Ooh, good point. I think a quant position experience would be more exclusive; FI is easier to learn about off your own back. Down to what you think would be more interesting though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah bro, i'd like to know
    Incoming Cambridge Mathmo, 4A*s at A-level.

Ooh, good point. I think a quant position experience would be more exclusive; FI is easier to learn about off your own back. Down to what you think would be more interesting though tbh.
    That makes much more sense. I think they're the only place to offer a quant insight too (?).

Credit Suisse is also open, btw. Thank me later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    That makes much more sense. I think they're the only place to offer a quant insight too (?).

Credit Suisse is also open, btw. Thank me later
    Way ahead of you bud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Incoming Cambridge Mathmo, 4A*s at A-level.
    Beast, congrats man. What division are you looking at within banking? Trading?

ReputationRep:
    Way ahead of you bud
    Ah mate! I'm going through my list now - checking up on things. Anything else open (to save me some time)?

Beast, congrats man. What division are you looking at within banking? Trading?
    Yeah man - S&T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)

Yeah man - S&T.
    Cool, ill be doing the same. A*A*AA here, going to studying Economics and statistics at UCL this year. All i've done to help me out in my quest for a SW is a Morgan and Stanley insight day and a short course at Amplify trading. So i'll definitely need to be more proactive this year. Did you get a chance to get any relevant experience and have you started any applications yet?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, ill be doing the same. A*A*AA here, going to studying Economics and statistics at UCL this year. All i've done to help me out in my quest for a SW is a Morgan and Stanley insight day and a short course at Amplify trading. So i'll definitely need to be more proactive this year. Did you get a chance to get any relevant experience and have you started any applications yet?
    Sounds good. You've got more relevant experience than me, as I have basically nothing I'm trying to spin my non-relevant experience in my favour.

I've registered and filled in a few details for Blackrock and CS, but nothing completed yet. Still working on that CV. I also want to wait until I've attended a few events at uni before I send the big boys off, so I only plan on sending maybe 2 or 3 before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Ah mate! I'm going through my list now - checking up on things. Anything else open (to save me some time)?
    Haha just CS & BR at the moment, as far as I know. I'm expecting the rest to open up within the next week or two.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else just received a text from the Bright Network asking to confirm your attendance? I've already emailed them to say I'm going...

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest are all of you applying for spring week programs as soon as the applications open? For example Credit Suisse.

Can you give me your reasons for applying this early?

Thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Sounds good. You've got more relevant experience than me, as I have basically nothing I'm trying to spin my non-relevant experience in my favour.

I've registered and filled in a few details for Blackrock and CS, but nothing completed yet. Still working on that CV. I also want to wait until I've attended a few events at uni before I send the big boys off, so I only plan on sending maybe 2 or 3 before then.

Hahaha i understand exactly what you mean, I don't think i'm in any position to start sending off any applications to the big boys any time soon either unless i can get my CV on steroids in the next month or so.
    Also plan to leave the GS, JP and MS applications last, just so i can get to grips with the way their numerical tests are.

ReputationRep:
    Haha just CS & BR at the moment, as far as I know. I'm expecting the rest to open up within the next week or two.
    You holding any off until uni or do you have enough events/names to drop from last year?

Hahaha i understand exactly what you mean, I don't think i'm in any position to start sending off any applications to the big boys any time soon either unless i can get my CV on steroids in the next month or so.
    Also plan to leave the GS, JP and MS applications last, just so i can get to grips with the way their numerical tests are.
    Good plan! I've been told it's good to wait for networking events etc, just so you've got some names to drop or events to quote as motivation.

(Original post by John Maddon)
    Out of interest are all of you applying for spring week programs as soon as the applications open? For example Credit Suisse.

Can you give me your reasons for applying this early?

Thanks all.
    Well a lot of them recruit on a rolling basis for a start. However, now definitely is a bit early..

ReputationRep:
    Hey could anyway link me to somewhere I can find out all about spring weeks? I've never really looked into them before but I am definitely interested in pursuing IB. I got AAAA at A-level and I'm going to Edinburgh to study economics starting this year but I really don't have any experience, so I'm unsure if I have any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    You holding any off until uni or do you have enough events/names to drop from last year?
    I think I'll get them ready to send off before the end of Sept/start of October. The Bright Network will cover a good 90% of them tbh so I don't think we'll have to wait too long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.