Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most annoying teacher phrases Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh.m)
    Anything my GCSE maths teacher ever said when she wasn't going through something can come out under here, I remember once a lad asked "Miss, can I go the toilet?" she would reply with "i'm sure you can at your age" before an intensive investigation into why he didn't go at break. Every one of her rants ended with "when I say jump, you say how high" and she would say "okay" after every sentence. And before every test she would reminisce about the time she allegedly ripped up a boys test paper who cheated, in front of the class making him cry uncontrollably, whether it was true or not she never failed to remind us. My all time favourites she said to a lad was "I've got my gcse, I've got my a level and i've got my degree, what have you got?" and when she said to another "On results day we'll both be opening envelopes, my reaction will be good because its my wages, what will yours be?" and her most used one "it doesn't bother me if you don't want to work, I'm still getting paid". Surprisingly enough many in the class didn't like her sarcasm, but I liked how she was fair with you if you were fair with her!
    Your math teacher used to "teach" my one fro. Year 9 onwards sat at the back filing his nails telling us to work through a book when I confronted him about this he said if you don't want the benefit of my teaching go to the head I did I wen't every year and the guy did nothing THANK ALOT FORIST IN WINNISH thanks to you my skills on math go no higher then year 8.

ReputationRep:
    *whole class fails mock exam*
    Rhetorical question to class: "What can I do to help you? Just tell me where I've been going wrong?"
    Student: "Some powerpoints would be nice!"

ReputationRep:
    *Bell rings for end of lesson. Everyone gets up to move.*
    Teacher: "That bell is for me to know what time it is! Sit back down, I tell you when to leave this room."

Or the more common one: "You are year 11, I have year 7's that are better behaved than you lot!" xD

ReputationRep:
    You can teach yourself the next chapter to prepare you for the independent learning of uni.

Well that's great except when half the class fails to get their grades for uni as a result. They're prepared for uni, but they haven't got in so that's great :P

ReputationRep:
    “It’s really not that difficult”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presidential_)
    “It’s really not that difficult”
    And then the whole class replies with "yeah, you're a teacher, so it's easy for you!" xD

Then the teacher gets into the whole "what is there not to understand? Tell me exactly which bit you don't get", to which everyone replies "all of it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaFirefly<3)
    And then the whole class replies with "yeah, you're a teacher, so it's easy for you!" xD

Then the teacher gets into the whole "what is there not to understand? Tell me exactly which bit you don't get", to which everyone replies "all of it"
    LOOL:lol:, classic!

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone packing up? The bell signals to me, not to you.

ReputationRep:
    'Be quiet or there will be consequences'
    'Stand outside and think about what you've done'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "It's your time you're wasting, not mine!"

ReputationRep:
    What about
    I dont need to catch the bus , ill stay for as l8ong as it takes
    Then she would let us out on time anyway
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamaroxy)
    What about
    I dont need to catch the bus , ill stay for as l8ong as it takes
    Then she would let us out on time anyway
    Hahaha yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "At the end of the day, I earn a lot of money - and you won't be! That's how it works"

ReputationRep:
    "Because I said so"
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    "Because I said so"
    That's a dad thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had my hair in a mohawk type style and one of my teachers came up to me and asked "has someone in management spoken to you about that?"
    It really annoyed me -.-
    Another annoying one is when teachers say they were too busy to mark your essays... *****, well next time i will be too busy to write the thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgwktm)
    the counting one where they go from 5 down to one and then stand in silence but what annoys me is that in primary school once they got to 1 it would then go up to 1 and a half, 1 and a quarter- the teacher didn't realise she was actually counting up again lol

this made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Maths-

"The rest of this is trivial so you can work it out".
    "You already know the answer to this".

Physics-

"This will never come up in the exam".
    "You don't need to know why that's true".
    "Here is the equation for.." (When no derivation is provided and instead just the equation is given)

Chemistry-

"Hasn't your other teacher gone through that practical with you?".
    "You're over-thinking this".

ReputationRep:
    "I get paid exactly the same wither you pass or fail, so continue disrupting the lesson by all means..." xD

ReputationRep:
    When you disagree with a teacher and they sense you are correct and they just say "don't be cheeky/don't answer back." So annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.