Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I didn't think GFS applicants would hear until November (I'm one of them!)
    "Candidates who have taken the online tests will be progressively marked against their schemes from late September until November."

So we'll hear by November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    "Candidates who have taken the online tests will be progressively marked against their schemes from late September until November."

Yes, that's what I was referring to!

I know my verbal and numerical skills will be enough to get through so I am thinking that if I don't hear today, the competency test must've been even stranger than I thought..!

Aaaaah well.. fingers crossed for everyone waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Last day for analytical stream, wonder how long it'll take before we get to know if we've passed onto OR assessment centre, or just to the application form for GSS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)

Ok, I read that as marking takes place between September and November and you'll hear when its finished.

ReputationRep:
    Passed the online tests for GSS now too! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I've applied for Generalist, Europe and Digital and Technology and just got notice that I was successful for D & T and can now complete the form (further than I got last year!). I assume the numbers applying for D & T will be a lot lower than for most other streams and so they will have lower pass marks and can make decisions earlier.

However, two questions:

Firstly, filling in the form now for D & T, if I'm successful in either of the other two, will I need to fill the form in again?

Secondly, I am literally (Monday) about to start a new job which is really interesting and I've been looking for 3 months, and is involving me moving to London. Is it worth me attempting to continue with the Fast Stream process at the moment, or would it be useful to try and see how far I get (even if I might need to take a day off work)? Could I defer anything if successful?

ReputationRep:
    Passed the test for Finance, nothing yet for commercial!

ReputationRep:
    Success in GFS and EFS, huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    Dear fellows,

I have received an email from “Fast Stream Team” that I have been successful in the “Online Selection Tests” and I shall now advance to next stage.

Now waiting to see when my home pages gets changed!

Anyone else who has the same news?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I have the seen the results. Generalist Fast Stream Scheme progress page is still saying "Awaiting Results", but Digital and Technology Fast Stream Scheme progress "Online Selection Tests Successful".

Why is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ig1234)

I've applied for Generalist, Europe and Digital and Technology and just got notice that I was successful for D & T and can now complete the form (further than I got last year!). I assume the numbers applying for D & T will be a lot lower than for most other streams and so they will have lower pass marks and can make decisions earlier.

However, two questions:

Firstly, filling in the form now for D & T, if I'm successful in either of the other two, will I need to fill the form in again?

Secondly, I am literally (Monday) about to start a new job which is really interesting and I've been looking for 3 months, and is involving me moving to London. Is it worth me attempting to continue with the Fast Stream process at the moment, or would it be useful to try and see how far I get (even if I might need to take a day off work)? Could I defer anything if successful?
    In my opinion it's a bit different! Let see what comes!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, me too!

Successful for EFS and Generalist

One person could be successful for one and not for another, and another person the other way round - remember that we've done three separate tests (2 for Analytical..?) and therefore the marks could vary between the different assessments....

Well done to everyone getting their results today!

ReputationRep:
    I also had the wonderful thought today that there is now only one test left to pass (the e-tray) between me and the FSAC! (GFS + EFS)

At the beginning it seemed like so many steps but now it seems much more possible....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad)
    Oh, I have the seen the results. Generalist Fast Stream Scheme progress page is still saying "Awaiting Results", but Digital and Technology Fast Stream Scheme progress "Online Selection Tests Successful".

Why is this?
    Each scheme is marked differently and has different pass marks for each area, so while you have passed DAT you may need to wait a little longer to find out for Generalist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    I also had the wonderful thought today that there is now only one test left to pass (the e-tray) between me and the FSAC! (GFS + EFS)

At the beginning it seemed like so many steps but now it seems much more possible....!

When did you complete the "Online Selection Tests"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad)
    When did you complete the "Online Selection Tests"!
    14th September. I had a quiet day so did them all at once

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't think when you sat the test matters all that much - I think the people in the top 35% (or however they categorise people) are going to hear first - people who did the best in the tests. And it probably takes longer to determine how everyone else did in relation to that

ReputationRep:
    That's why you got GFS result, earlier than I! I completed the online selection tests on 19/09/2014 and hope to get result for GFS at the end of this or in the next week.

kat.lev wish you best of luck for e-tray!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hm13)
    Hmm I don't think when you sat the test matters all that much - I think the people in the top 35% (or however they categorise people) are going to hear first - people who did the best in the tests. And it probably takes longer to determine how everyone else did in relation to that

It depends when you did the test! I hope so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ig1234)

However, two questions:

Hi!

You only need to fill in the form one time, so happy about that, have you seen how LONG it is?! Haha

As for your other questions, here is the link about deferral options: https://www.gov.uk/civil-service-fas...-entry-options

It would be interesting to see what people say about the application process even if you're not sure about the role. Personally, I think continuing with the application can only be a good thing. The toughness of it will be a great learning experience and you may change your mind about your new job (congrats, by the way!) If nothing else, you get great practice at this type of application.

Good luck whatever you choose to do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.