37.93%
    Hamilton
    44.83%
    Rosberg
    3.45%
    Other(specify in thread)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    What a great race that was! I had to stream it over the net on a train to Manchester... It did very well until I went in a tunnel with half a lap to go!

Excellent drives by all the top 3. Not the result I was wanting, but it was exciting and that's ultimately all I want from F1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    then why did he cut the chicane?
    Because his tyres were gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Because his tyres were knackered
    still kept him ahead...gained a huge amount from doing it...but hey ignore any point that would help Lewis as usual, you "non Lewis hater" you. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Nico was NEVER close enough to be let through, simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Lewis would have lost about 2 seconds if he let Nico through, it's not LH fault Nico was as far behind him as he was. Mercedes asking Lewis to move over when Nico wasn't near enough is shameful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Bottas is well locked in at Willies for a number of years so it would take a lot of money to move him, at least currently.

More likely be Grosjean at McLaren.

*insert bit about being a personal opinion and not that of the team here*
    He's locked in? Shame but atm Williams is Faster than Mclaren anyway atm. :teehee:

You're not going to get into Merc anytime soon so behind them you want to be in Red bull/Ferrari/williams/Mclaren/Lotus . and their order varies year to year from last year to this year.

Grosjean at Mclaren? you reckon in 2016 after button retires? no bianchi or will be be happy in Ferrari by then?

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    What a great race that was! I had to stream it over the net on a train to Manchester... It did very well until I went in a tunnel with half a lap to go!

Excellent drives by all the top 3. Not the result I was wanting, but it was exciting and that's ultimately all I want from F1.

That last part in bold is SO true.

True. Well, Last lap he was but that's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    still kept him ahead...gained a huge amount from doing it...but hey ignore any point that would help Lewis as usual, you "non Lewis hater" you. lol.
    I don't know why you keep trying to make this personal. That was a very tight chicane, and that section of the track is very much one car at once. Loads of drivers have done that so much over the years. Believe it or not, in a very long race, on very worn tyres, drivers can make mistakes.

I don't hate or even dislike Lewis. I like Mercedes, the team, the brand. Am I right in guessing that you're relatively new to Formula One? They're all racing drivers first, team mates second. It's not a case of we're all Lewis haters for having a neutral perspective, we're just not part of the Hamilton bumming brigade like the majority of this thread seems to be. And the relentless hate towards anything that doesn't go 'your boy's way' is enough to turn anyone off participating in this thread. Once you've raced in a competitive capacity, you'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    The world isn't split into Lewis-lovers n Lewis-haters btw. There are some people out there that are unbiased. I'm not one of them though, Lewis-lover all the way

I'm all for team playing but I really don't see how Lewis could've gotten out the way and not lost a chunk of time. Will be interesting to see the Sky analysis on this.

And if he gets a penalty, I will cry. Actually cry.

ReputationRep:
    Wow what a race! I can't even pick between the top three, they all had amazing drives. Maybe I'd pick Alonso purely because he always outperforms that Ferrari. So glad Hamilton made the podium and beat Rosberg

ReputationRep:
    I had no problem with any of the moves or mistakes in this race fwiw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    He's locked in? Shame but atm Williams is Faster than Mclaren anyway atm. :teehee:

You're not going to get into Merc anytime soon so behind them you want to be in Red bull/Ferrari/williams/Mclaren/Lotus . and their order varies year to year from last year to this year.

Grosjean at Mclaren? you reckon in 2016 after button retires? no bianchi or will be be happy in Ferrari by then?

That last part in bold is SO true.

True. Well, Last lap he was but that's not going to happen.
    I don't think Jenson's heart is in it anymore, but on the other hand of Honda come up with the goods then he'd regret walking away, so probably depends on what Kevin does the rest of this season...

Wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari wave good bye to Kimi with a few bank notes again and put Jules in the second seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    I don't think Jenson's heart is in it anymore, but on the other hand of Honda come up with the goods then he'd regret walking away, so probably depends on what Kevin does the rest of this season...

Wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari wave good bye to Kimi with a few bank notes again and put Jules in the second seat.

Do you see these driver switchings happening in 2015 or 2016?

I'm confident of bianchi in Ferrari in 2016 but 2015 would cost a LOT to pay off Kimi.

ReputationRep:
    Do you see these driver switchings happening in 2015 or 2016?

I'm confident of bianchi in Ferrari in 2016 but 2015 would cost a LOT to pay off Kimi.
    Ferrari aren't short on cash!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Ferrari aren't short on cash!

I have heard rumours of £20 mill for Kimi to drive for them in 2015 but £30 mill for him to not drive for them. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I have heard rumours of £20 mill for Kimi to drive for them in 2015 but £30 mill for him to not drive for them. :lol:

If they keep kimi, they will save 10mil at the start of the season but they would lose constructors points due to kimi poor driving which would cancel the savings out.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant race. All of the top 3 drove very well, but Alonso was the stand out. That Ferrari is not a race winning car (at the same time it wasn't slow today) but he was so close to doing so on 30 lap old tyres and after being screwed over by that first safety car.

Having said that I cant help but think Hamilton could definitely have won that race. The Mercedes strategy was garbage - he should have gone for 2 shorter soft stints as opposed to 1 long medium one and that way he would have been in Rosberg's position at the end of the race except he would have caught Alonso and Ricciardo 4 or 5 laps earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD)
    If they keep kimi, they will save 10mil at the start of the season but they would lose constructors points due to kimi poor driving which would cancel the savings out.
    Kimi isn't a poor driver just give him next season to show his worth
    He is by far one of the best drivers on the grid the car is appalling

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Alonso made a mistake on worn tyres , Hamilton wasnt going to get past there anyway so Alonso didnt have to give the place up. And this is coming from a Hamilton fan , as someone whose watched F1 for about 11 years some of my fellow Lewis fans need to grow up a bit and accept fate and the fact he beat Rosberg today anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing race - first race I have attended in person (would highly recommend Budapest). Very lucky that it was such an exciting race and the Vettel spin and Perez crash happened right in front of me.

Merc messed up with their call to let Rosberg through. Hamilton and Alonso drove amazingly and I'm happy for Danny Ric, even though this victory was more about safety car and pit-stop strategy.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I predicted the winner of this race correctly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.