Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls!!! What do you look for in a guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katowe)
    Well as it's your pride and joy I think it's more than acceptable that every penny did! Haha, i don't think you're the only one who would appreciate something being done about that. Ah you and me both. It's strange though, like goals such as a career you mainly have yourself to rely upon, if it doesn't work out then it's pretty much your own responsibility. It almost makes it seem more achievable. I think the desire to get married/start a family etc is so much more unpredictable, you're not just relying on yourself anymore, I don't know, it's an interesting one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmmm yeah I suppose, Well potholes cost me loads! Yeah that's a good point, rely's more on you finding the right person, Something that isn't really in your control, Depends where you look I suppose. I dunno how old you're, But I found once I got into my 20's My outlook on life completley changed, Started to envy those with kids....

ReputationRep:
    - Can make me laugh
    - Good banter but kind & caring deep down
    - Tall(er than me)
    - Confidence
    - Cares about his appearance
    - Likes dogs
    - Intelligent (not necessarily academic but common sense and emotional intelligence are important)

That's pretty much it. Appearance wise I don't really have a type but I seem to be subconsciously attracted to dark hair'd guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan-Slade)
    Hmmmm yeah I suppose, Well potholes cost me loads! Yeah that's a good point, rely's more on you finding the right person, Something that isn't really in your control, Depends where you look I suppose. I dunno how old you're, But I found once I got into my 20's My outlook on life completley changed, Started to envy those with kids....
    An, luckily they're not too bad here compared to other places. Exactly, and although you use dating sites etc I think it's something which is so spontaneous, I'm not sure whether you can truly look for it. I'm 18, so I'm not quite there just yet, maybe my epiphany is yet to come although we don't seem too far from the same page:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An, luckily they're not too bad here compared to other places. Exactly, and although you use dating sites etc I think it's something which is so spontaneous, I'm not sure whether you can truly look for it. I'm 18, so I'm not quite there just yet, maybe my epiphany is yet to come although we don't seem too far from the same page:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh lucky you, Certain place round here wreck your entire car.... Yeah it is, Although Spontaneity never seems to work very well for me, Ahhh cool I slept through most of my 18's. Yeah we're, you'll get there soon, And when you do, Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    Ahh lucky you, Certain place round here wreck your entire car.... Yeah it is, Although Spontaneity never seems to work very well for me, Ahhh cool I slept through most of my 18's. Yeah we're, you'll get there soon, And when you do, Goodluck
    Oh dear! Ahh, you just have to think though. You only need it to work the once. When it does, past attempts will seem somewhat irrelevant haha, the sleep all day and party all night philosophy eh? I'm not actually too bad luckily! Aw, why thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funny and they have to have a backbone it's boring talking to someone and all they do is nod and smile at you like you're a statue.

thesciencesoffashion.blogspot.co .uk

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! Ahh, you just have to think though. You only need it to work the once. When it does, past attempts will seem somewhat irrelevant haha, the sleep all day and party all night philosophy eh? I'm not actually too bad luckily! Aw, why thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I avoid them but sometimes it's not possible, then I usually have to stop at quick fit :-( Sooner rather than later preferably ;-) We'll have to wait and see won't we.... it was mostly sleep all day and night then spend the weekend in about 13 different pubs philosophy actually ;-) Wepp good for you! Your most certainly welcome ;-) Shouldn't be too difficult with those blue eyes and dimples ;-) That gets alot of guys interest ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I avoid them but sometimes it's not possible, then I usually have to stop at quick fit :-( Sooner rather than later preferably ;-) We'll have to wait and see won't we.... it was mostly sleep all day and night then spend the weekend in about 13 different pubs philosophy actually ;-) Wepp good for you! Your most certainly welcome ;-) Shouldn't be too difficult with those blue eyes and dimples ;-) That gets alot of guys interest ;-)
    How irritating for you, such a simple thing which can be resolved too! Hmm, that genuinely intrigues me about life, because everything is so unexpected you just don't know what's around the corner. I don't know about you, but my life was a different story this time last year. Purely time can change a hell of a lot, so don't worry!;-) silly me for being so wrong, that sounds a lot more appealing than my study all day, sleep all night, enjoy the weekend philosophy! Haha, take my word for it, it really doesn't;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How irritating for you, such a simple thing which can be resolved too! Hmm, that genuinely intrigues me about life, because everything is so unexpected you just don't know what's around the corner. I don't know about you, but my life was a different story this time last year. Purely time can change a hell of a lot, so don't worry!;-) silly me for being so wrong, that sounds a lot more appealing than my study all day, sleep all night, enjoy the weekend philosophy! Haha, take my word for it, it really doesn't;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm well it should, Gets me every fuc*ing time, No matter what you look like... Exactly! Wouldn't even cost that much! I know, I live the life of "take what comes" anyway, Must admit, I do get pretty lonely lately though, I'll have to get a puppy!!!! I was like you last year, Studying constantly for my masters degree... Got about 3 hours sleep a night.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well it should, Gets me every fuc*ing time, No matter what you look like... Exactly! Wouldn't even cost that much! I know, I live the life of "take what comes" anyway, Must admit, I do get pretty lonely lately though, I'll have to get a puppy!!!! I was like you last year, Studying constantly for my masters degree... Got about 3 hours sleep a night.
    Aw haha! That's the good thing about these forums I guess, you speak to somebody based on common ground, appearance has nothing to do with it which is unusual nowadays. Although my curiosity always wants to put a face to a name! I know, they're just wasting money elsewhere. I wish I could be more like that in a way. I'm glad you said a puppy and not a cat, I hate cats haha. That's not a bad idea though! It was worth it for you though, I can only hope it'll pay off for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw haha! That's the good thing about these forums I guess, you speak to somebody based on common ground, appearance has nothing to do with it which is unusual nowadays. Although my curiosity always wants to put a face to a name! I know, they're just wasting money elsewhere. I wish I could be more like that in a way. I'm glad you said a puppy and not a cat, I hate cats haha. That's not a bad idea though! It was worth it for you though, I can only hope it'll pay off for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your willing to put the work in you'll succeed, Just try your best Good things will come, Yeah it is, Nice to meet people who're similar to me for a change, Well with me appearence has very little to do with it, Like I said, everyone's beautiful in there own way. Yeah me too sometimes... Too busy paying for everyone else to put it into our country, It's quite scary though, Never knowing what's going to come, but I don't see th epoint in worrying, You can only change itto some extent. Oh I hate Cats! just no! All about the puppy's. Might treat mysef one, might get me some more interest too cute puppy's are an instant hit, that or baby's Well if you don't believe me, ALL of my Ex's had blue eyes, Only one had dimples though

ReputationRep:
    If your willing to put the work in you'll succeed, Just try your best Good things will come, Yeah it is, Nice to meet people who're similar to me for a change, Well with me appearence has very little to do with it, Like I said, everyone's beautiful in there own way. Yeah me too sometimes... Too busy paying for everyone else to put it into our country, It's quite scary though, Never knowing what's going to come, but I don't see th epoint in worrying, You can only change itto some extent. Oh I hate Cats! just no! All about the puppy's. Might treat mysef one, might get me some more interest too cute puppy's are an instant hit, that or baby's Well if you don't believe me, ALL of my Ex's had blue eyes, Only one had dimples though
    Hats what I keep telling myself on the days I seem to have 0 social life! Thank you definitely, being on the same wavelength as somebody doesn't happen too often. Oh definitely, if someone is good to talk to then they're good to talk to, it's pretty irrelevant what they look like. It's like they need to get their priorities straight! There's definitely an element of fear to the unknown, but I think that brings excitement too. That's true, you may think this is mad or maybe not, but I do believe in fate and the fact that everything happens for a reason. They're vile aren't they, my family insisted on having one and even more ridiculously insisted on calling it Pickles! Haha using a puppy for a pulling technique, why not:P really?! Okay okay, I believe you! Was the ex with dimples the ex who didn't cheat? If so, maybe that's your lucky omen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hats what I keep telling myself on the days I seem to have 0 social life! Thank you definitely, being on the same wavelength as somebody doesn't happen too often. Oh definitely, if someone is good to talk to then they're good to talk to, it's pretty irrelevant what they look like. It's like they need to get their priorities straight! There's definitely an element of fear to the unknown, but I think that brings excitement too. That's true, you may think this is mad or maybe not, but I do believe in fate and the fact that everything happens for a reason. They're vile aren't they, my family insisted on having one and even more ridiculously insisted on calling it Pickles! Haha using a puppy for a pulling technique, why not:P really?! Okay okay, I believe you! Was the ex with dimples the ex who didn't cheat? If so, maybe that's your lucky omen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually she was!!!! Maybe it is.... Ahaha My social life didn't exist.... No it doesn't, shame really... yeah definitely, Lets face it, Looks will change, hopefully there personality wont.... I'm a bit sceptical on fete, I believe things happen for a reason, but I think it's your life decisions that enable them to happen... They are! Oh wow ;-) Pickles ;-) Well it works ;-) And hey, witha puppy and my car, I can bear to wait ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Actually she was!!!! Maybe it is.... Ahaha My social life didn't exist.... No it doesn't, shame really... yeah definitely, Lets face it, Looks will change, hopefully there personality wont.... I'm a bit sceptical on fete, I believe things happen for a reason, but I think it's your life decisions that enable them to happen... They are! Oh wow ;-) Pickles ;-) Well it works ;-) And hey, witha puppy and my car, I can bear to wait ;-)
    Haha, I didn't actually expect her to be! Ah well that makes me feel slightly better, there's hope yet then that's very true, I don't understand how some people can value appearance more than personality. I get that you need to be attracted to the person, but that attraction comes in more forms than appearance alone. Hmm who knows. Maybe fate is just way of people coping with bad things that happen within their lives, or maybe there's truth behind it, either one I'll take it because it makes life easier. Oh shush, it's horrendous! ;-) haha you'll have gold diggers and dog lovers all wanting you! ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I didn't actually expect her to be! Ah well that makes me feel slightly better, there's hope yet then that's very true, I don't understand how some people can value appearance more than personality. I get that you need to be attracted to the person, but that attraction comes in more forms than appearance alone. Hmm who knows. Maybe fate is just way of people coping with bad things that happen within their lives, or maybe there's truth behind it, either one I'll take it because it makes life easier. Oh shush, it's horrendous! ;-) haha you'll have gold diggers and dog lovers all wanting you! ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You must be sykick Ahaha Everyone thought I'd died.... Me neither, There's so many shallow people around these days, Me? I'd rather have an awesome personality, Any looks is a bonus in my book.... Ahahah fair enough, Stops any apprehension and worry about what your future's like that way... It's hillarious I doubt that, Ahahah dog lovers I can deal with

ReputationRep:
    You must be sykick Ahaha Everyone thought I'd died.... Me neither, There's so many shallow people around these days, Me? I'd rather have an awesome personality, Any looks is a bonus in my book.... Ahahah fair enough, Stops any apprehension and worry about what your future's like that way... It's hillarious I doubt that, Ahahah dog lovers I can deal with
    Haha! That would be one interesting talent to have I'm sure they had a welcome back celebration afterwards! There are, it's quite funny how our conversation seems to have gone full circle and we're back onto this again aha, it's irritating though! Yeah that's very true I think they're all sad personally;-) maybe that's where you're going wrong then, no puppy just yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha! That would be one interesting talent to have I'm sure they had a welcome back celebration afterwards! There are, it's quite funny how our conversation seems to have gone full circle and we're back onto this again aha, it's irritating though! Yeah that's very true I think they're all sad personally;-) maybe that's where you're going wrong then, no puppy just yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Yet" Being the optimum word there... Sure would! naah they all looked dissapointed Ahaha So it has... Yep, That pretty much sums it up... I think where i'm going wrong is i'm looking in the wrong places...

ReputationRep:
    "Yet" Being the optimum word there... Sure would! naah they all looked dissapointed Ahaha So it has... Yep, That pretty much sums it up... I think where i'm going wrong is i'm looking in the wrong places...
    Haha you'll end up getting a load of them:P oh I'm sure they were secretly thrilled! Haha well I thought so, maybe you just need to change things up a bit. When one door closes, another door opens as they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha you'll end up getting a load of them:P oh I'm sure they were secretly thrilled! Haha well I thought so, maybe you just need to change things up a bit. When one door closes, another door opens as they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh hell yeah!!!!!! Doubtful they're all jealous of me for some reason True, Fair point

ReputationRep:
    Oh hell yeah!!!!!! Doubtful they're all jealous of me for some reason True, Fair point
    Haha 'the mad guy with 40 puppies';-) hmm maybe they're jealous of the car!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.