Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

According to the people on this forum, for a guy to just get an average girl.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what is this)
    Is the guy in your avatar one of the handful 10/10 models you had over today?
    He was the 2nd, i'm currently riding my 4th :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Actually it is the other way around too.

And tbh if any guy is turned off by the girl asking, then that is pretty pathetic and you probably want to seriously consider if they are mature enough for a relationship anyway.
    Nice man, nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mubariz)
    A lot of these guys do tbh. I didn't actually know people like this existed until I joined TSR, I've ever met somebody with these opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong everything. I bet you get nothing and think sucking up to girls will get your poonani.

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Actually it is the other way around too.

And tbh if any guy is turned off by the girl asking, then that is pretty pathetic and you probably want to seriously consider if they are mature enough for a relationship anyway.
    This. Lol at any guy getting turned off by a girl approaching him. I'd die of happiness if an average looking girl with a nice body approached me. I'd want my life to end there as I will know anything after that will be anti climatic in comparison.

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Exaggerated a lot , but mostly true.
    The exaggeration is used for comical purposes.

(Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    He was the 2nd, i'm currently riding my 4th :sogood:
    Didn't know that male models were so bad that you'd be inclined to be on TSR of all places while riding them :s. Maybe being good at sex game is legit.

ReputationRep:
    Strong everything.
    Didn't know that male models were so bad that you'd be inclined to be on TSR of all places while riding them :s. Maybe being good at sex game is legit.
    Well there we go, case closed, looks aren't everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Well there we go, case closed, looks aren't everything.
    But you're still banging many male models despite their utter failure at being good at sex.

Legit , my looks theory still reigns supreme.

ReputationRep:
    Strong everything. I bet you get nothing and think sucking up to girls will get your poonani.
    I have no desire for sexual intercourse, you don't know me so let's stop with the judging.

I don't want sex, you know what, I don't even know if I'd be successful or not in asking somebody out, some girls have expressed interest but I'd say I'm average or less, I've never thought of myself as attractive but I'm happy.

Fact is I'm a Muslim, I try to stay pious, I can't always do so but I try my best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tell ya what.. being rich & slightly charming gets you all the puntang you want.

ReputationRep:
    But you're still banging many male models despite their utter failure at being good at sex.

Legit , my looks theory still reigns supreme.
    awww you got me

srs tho maybe your standards are too high if you're not getting a girl. And your personality might be showing through - which is bad for you because you sound like a **** :flutter:

But i'll leave it there because no matter what people are gonna say you're gonna stick to your theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    I am instantly turned off by a girl who asks me out. It reeks of desperation.
    Would neg.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cringe...

Do yourself a favour and stop acting like the world is anything like this.

A woman is not all women, a man is not all men, people are not quantifiable numbers out of ten, there is no such thing as a "dating league", and an infinite number of factors aside from a poorly taken photo on a dating website can contribute to whether or not X finds Y attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KianaBRye)
    Exactly. Girls don't want to seem desperate. It's easier for guys imo. But average girls can get hot men. It happens all the time. I always see good looking men with below average women. The attractive women are always single.
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. (not really, but still it's ridiculous).

How exactly is it easier for men to ask women out? I am talking about a guy who has never approached a girl before (in case you use the idea that he's done it many times before).

In my opinion, if you like somebody, go and get what you want, regardless what gender you are. Any woman who is interested in a man, but wont go for it is wasting opportunities.

Who hurt you OP?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lightwave)
      That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life. (not really, but still it's ridiculous).

How exactly is it easier for men to ask women out? I am talking about a guy who has never approached a girl before (in case you use the idea that he's done it many times before).

In my opinion, if you like somebody, go and get what you want, regardless what gender you are. Any woman who is interested in a man, but wont go for it is wasting opportunities.
      Yeah, I asked a guy out once. I'll never do it again. Men are often turned off by a woman who pursues them, and women are often turned on by a man who shows interest in them. Win/win. Even the most shy guys will get the courage to ask a girl out he really likes. I never met a guy who is able to conceal his infatuation for a girl. And guys just settle with the first girl who likes them even if they don't really like her and most guys only want one thing. some-one to sleep with.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, I asked a guy out once. I'll never do it again. Men are often turned off by a woman who pursues them, and women are often turned on by a man who shows interest in them. Win/win. Even the most shy guys will get the courage to ask a girl out he really likes. I never met a guy who is able to conceal his infatuation for a girl. And guys just settle with the first girl who likes them even if they don't really like her and most guys only want one thing. some-one to sleep with.
      I don't know what universe you live in, but VERY few men are turned off by a woman showing interest in them, the person who said that in this thread is probably a troll, and I think the vast majority of men would agree.

The way I see it is like this, for every 10 women approaching a man, maybe 1 or 2 men will be turned off. However, for every 10 women being approached by men, 9 or more of those women will reject the man outright. Therefore it seems more logical and most beneficial for women to do the chasing.

It might seem like a lot of men approach women, when in reality there are a small number of men, that approach a large number of women.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=304825&stc=1
      Attachments Pending Approval
    • File Type: jpg1307920884001.jpg (11.3 KB)

ReputationRep:
      I don't know what universe you live in, but VERY few men are turned off by a woman showing interest in them, the person who said that in this thread is probably a troll, and I think the vast majority of men would agree.

The way I see it is like this, for every 10 women approaching a man, maybe 1 or 2 men will be turned off. However, for every 10 women being approached by men, 9 or more of those women will reject the man outright. Therefore it seems more logical and most beneficial for women to do the chasing.

It might seem like a lot of men approach women, when in reality there are a small number of men, that approach a large number of women.
      Really? Because I have a lot of girlfriends and all of them have been asked out many times by men. They have never approached anyone. When I look at them I wonder why some girls have to do so much to find a guy when others have them lining up in front of them. All of my girlfriends are different and not all of them are attractive but they still get the same amount of guys. I don't get asked out as much, and usually have to make the first move and it still doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
      Really? Because I have a lot of girlfriends and all of them have been asked out many times by men. They have never approached anyone. When I look at them I wonder why some girls have to do so much to find a guy when others have them lining up in front of them. All of my girlfriends are different and not all of them are attractive but they still get the same amount of guys. I don't get asked out as much, and usually have to make the first move and it still doesn't work out.
      So you're using an exception to back your case? You've just stated that your friends get approached a lot, and I will assume they turn down the majority of those who try. You also stated previously, that you tried once, and will never try again.... I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can sense something seriously wrong with your reasoning here.

The fact is, the dating game is dominated in the end, by female decisions. The majority of approaches are by males to females, and the result of the approach is always down to the female, since they're the one being approached. Also, when men approach, they make it obvious what they want. I suspect when you approached, you did it in a subtle, less obvious way, then waited for the male to escalate the situation, and when he didn't because he can't read your mind, you felt rejected.

ReputationRep:
      Have you seen any fat girl's instagram, facebook etc account? 100's of likes by desperate, perfectly fit males. Lol if you think guys don't even give fat girls a glance. A fat girl still gets more attention from the opposite sex than a guy who's a 5/10.
      Unfortunately I do not spend my time looking at fat - or any girls - instagrams, so no. Are those girls by any chance wearing very low cut tops or doing some provocative poses?

ReputationRep:
      So you're using an exception to back your case? You've just stated that your friends get approached a lot, and I will assume they turn down the majority of those who try. You also stated previously, that you tried once, and will never try again.... I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can sense something seriously wrong with your reasoning here.

The fact is, the dating game is dominated in the end, by female decisions. The majority of approaches are by males to females, and the result of the approach is always down to the female, since they're the one being approached. Also, when men approach, they make it obvious what they want. I suspect when you approached, you did it in a subtle, less obvious way, then waited for the male to escalate the situation, and when he didn't because he can't read your mind, you felt rejected.
      How many women have you slept with?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 41b)
      How many women have you slept with?
      What relevance is that?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.