Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!!!
    (Original post by ooftar)
    Hey, just got an offer for PPE!! Manchester isn't my first choice but it put my mind at ease when I got it. There was no interview or anything, so I think they interview only some candidates?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck to everyone in their applications!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Welp, just got an interview for Maths on the 6th. Got my offer for an interview a few hours after I called the admissions office to tell them I couldn't present them with an A Level Maths certificate, so I'm thinking that that's got something to do with it. Bit miffed that UCL and Warwick didn't require interviews but Manchester does, but Manchester's only an hour away so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

Does anybody know if you do anything else other than turn up at the interview time and that's it? The UCAS letter didn't give me too much information about what's going to happen on the day.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone who applied to modern languages got an offer or interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Well they are 3 A*s but I don't think I'll get an A* in further maths so my personal prediction is 2A*s and an A which I am more than happy with wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow they're excellent! Mine are 2A*s and 2As which I think I could reasonably get, I'm not really bothered if I don't get an A in psychology though as it doesn't really matter. But I only need 3As to fulfil my conditional offer from Leeds and I'd be more than happy to go there

ReputationRep:
    I need a helpI wanna study construction management (master degree)Iam a little confused of which university do I have to register ...univ of manchester or university of Birmingham Which university would be easier since im not u.k citizen and would cost less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucymellor)
    Wow they're excellent! Mine are 2A*s and 2As which I think I could reasonably get, I'm not really bothered if I don't get an A in psychology though as it doesn't really matter. But I only need 3As to fulfil my conditional offer from Leeds and I'd be more than happy to go there
    Yeah thats the same for me my offer from glasgow is AAA which is such a relief !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Yeah thats the same for me my offer from glasgow is AAA which is such a relief !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, feels good to know that the pressure is off to get A*s and it's just a personal target really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaer.shak)
    I need a helpI wanna study construction management (master degree)Iam a little confused of which university do I have to register ...univ of manchester or university of Birmingham Which university would be easier since im not u.k citizen and would cost less
    The individual course pages on the universities' websites have all the information on fees etc.

Do you live in the EU? If so, you would pay the same fees as a UK student. It looks like Birmingham is cheaper anyway, regardless of which fees you pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    The individual course pages on the universities' websites have all the information on fees etc.

Do you live in the EU? If so, you would pay the same fees as a UK student. It looks like Birmingham is cheaper anyway, regardless of which fees you pay.
    No actually i live in middle east in jordan
    but as i mentioned i have german passport and i.d
    must i live in europe to be cinsidered eu student
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    thanks in advance
    I could be wrong, but I think you need a permanent address in the EU to be considered for EU tuition.

ReputationRep:
    Received my offer from Manchester yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    Economics and politics/ law and politics
    I'm also an Economics and Politics applicant, received my offer yesterday! AAB

ReputationRep:
    thanks in advance
    As Coffeetime said, you have to have been permanently living in the EU for the past 3 years.

If you look at Manchester's and Birmingham's websites, they tell you the fees for both international and home/EU students (I'm assuming these are the right courses):

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/ma...ourse-details/

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...urseDetailsTab

According to those pages, Manchester would charge you £21,400 and Birmingham £17,960.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying to biochemistry heard anything back yet? Sent my application 2 weeks ago and haven't even had an acknowledgement of my application yet, getting slightly worried given my friend sent hers yesterday and heard back today, although admittedly for chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying to biochemistry heard anything back yet? Sent my application 2 weeks ago and haven't even had an acknowledgement of my application yet, getting slightly worried given my friend sent hers yesterday and heard back today, although admittedly for chemistry.
    I applied for biochemistry with the professional placement 3 days ago and have received an acknowledgement email from them yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catrinakenyon)
    I applied for biochemistry with the professional placement 3 days ago and have received an acknowledgement email from them yesterday.
    That's exactly what I've applied to, the one with the professional placement year! Oh dear I'm really worried now, might email them. Thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I've applied to, the one with the professional placement year! Oh dear I'm really worried now, might email them. Thanks for letting me know
    Really well good luck ! It said that there might be an open day or an interview for it ? I'm stressing out, I really want to find out, I'm so impatient haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Just recieved an offer for Chemistry at Manchester ! Is it normal not to be asked for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millymd)
    Hi all! Just recieved an offer for Chemistry at Manchester ! Is it normal not to be asked for an interview?
    I'm not sure, can I ask when you sent your application off ?

ReputationRep:
    Not an offer yet but I did get an email saying I've got 5 days to complete an online assessment for the next 'round' of the application process... Welp,..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.