Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thank you very much for this information
    Yes, hopefully I can get an interview! I guess if they give me an interview after seeing my BMAT results, I should be in a good position!
    Congrats on the interview!
    All interviews are in December aren't they? So if I do (hopefully), receive an interview it'll basically be December already!
    65? Wow that's a bit lower than expected! Last year about 117 people applied to St John's and they normally say 80% are interviewed. I probably won't even get an interview
    Thanks.
    yh all interviews are in first three weeks of December, varies from college to college wt the set dates or weeks are but generally yh.
    u can actually check the number that applied to each college for diff courses, got offers etc on this website:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

dw lol u guys will get an interview, I mean I only got avg 92.5%UMS!!!! Ur ones are like high 90's so trust lol. They said they deselect ppl for interview if they hav below 90%UMS in general so....

ReputationRep:
    Posting on behalf of a friend -

CIE IGCSE: 12A*
    Pre-U: D1, D2. D2, D1 in Maths, English Literature, Biology, Chemistry
    Not sure what Pre-U equivalent to UMS marks is but I'm assuming she got pretty high marks!!!
    She has tons of work experience: volunteering at hospices, shadowing doctors, attending summer schools etc.
    Applying to St John's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piofernix)
    That's what I heard during open days, after quick search in google, I found this on Kings College page: We offer free accommodation to candidates who cannot come for interview and return comfortably in the same day, either because of their interview and test schedule, or because of their travel arrangements and where they live. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer accommodation to parents or others who accompany candidates. We provide free meals for all candidates while they are at King's.

http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/faqs.html

I am sure other colleges follow the same policy.
    Really? that would be great! am applying to Lucy Cav but cannt seem to find any information regarding this, i will be coming from scotland so i will need to stay over night but the hotels near Addenbrookes hospital are quiet dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master219)
    Thanks.
    yh all interviews are in first three weeks of December, varies from college to college wt the set dates or weeks are but generally yh.
    u can actually check the number that applied to each college for diff courses, got offers etc on this website:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

dw lol u guys will get an interview, I mean I only got avg 92.5%UMS!!!! Ur ones are like high 90's so trust lol. They said they deselect ppl for interview if they hav below 90%UMS in general so....
    Thanks for the link!
    When's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thanks for the link!
    When's your interview?
    Its on the 9th december, nerve-racking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master219)
    Its on the 9th december, nerve-racking
    Wow good luck! At least you know you have one!
    Just saw the statistics and St John's college has gone from 117 applicants in 2013 to 72 for this year! I'm slightly more relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Just saw the statistics and St John's college has gone from 117 applicants in 2013 to 72 for this year! I'm slightly more relieved
    told you!!!
    we have 75 applying to downing... always high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    told you!!!
    Huh? :confused:
    ohhhh, Downing gone up? Still your stats are amazing even if 1000 people applied for that college! You have to be in the top 20% of applicants applying for med at Downing at least!

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of getting in after interview stage at Lucy Cav for a grad? 3:1? or 2:1 ?

ReputationRep:
    told you!!!
    1 less than last year

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Queens' yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Huh? :confused:
    ohhhh, Downing gone up? Still your stats are amazing even if 1000 people applied for that college! You have to be in the top 20% of applicants applying for med at Downing at least!
    My stats are terrible, not amazing.... and the dreadful BMAT....

(Original post by aprocrastinator)
    1 less than last year
    yeah i know... thats way too competitive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katherine1996)
    nop

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, joining late I know, but better late than never!

stats
    GCSE: 10 A*s
    AS: Maths (100%) Biology (99%) Chemistry (96%) History (81% lol)
    Top 3/Most relevant ---> 98.4%
    A2: (p) A*A*A*

BMAT: Sec 1 went well, other two.. not so good!

All the normal w/e stuff;
    2 years voluntary with charity for disabled/6 months on orthopaedics every saturday morning/ tennis coaching/ guitar tutoring/ maths tutoring/ 2 weeks in Tanzania/ a few days here and there in hospitals/gp's

When can we expect interview invitations/rejections to be sent out?

Ooh nearly forgot, any Churchill lot out here?

ReputationRep:
    My stats are terrible, not amazing.... and the dreadful BMAT....

yeah i know... thats way too competitive...
    :eek: don't doubt yourself! Just stay positive; I know it's hard to do that but it makes the experience less stressful. There's no point giving yourself extra stress.

ReputationRep:
    Selwyn down from 39 applicants to 33, also have you seen how huge the overall drop in Cambridge med applicants is? It's like 15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Thanks
    Generally, this is how it roles: one yr there r tooo many applicants so the nxt yr ppl look and they r like no way am i applying there, then in that yr there is a drop in applicants to that college cuz everyone thought it was soo competitive, then the nxt yr ppl see that not many ppl applied, so they want to apply cuz they think its not soo comletitive and u get a huge rise in no of applicants etc..... (sometimes not huge but noticeable)
    gd luck!!

ReputationRep:
    The graduate applicants has actually gone up to 474.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenedikTHyland)
    You should be very very worried. For medicine You need an average score of 8.2, 7.6, 5A to get into ANY medicine course never mind Cambridge. I would reccomend you leave this thread, you will never get in. I will probabaly get in, i got almost all A* and 845 on UKCAT. Also im probably going to get in if your the competition.

(Original post by BenedikTHyland)
    OMG SO HAPPY"!!!!!!! I managed to pull off a miracle. I didn't even revise because I was ill and managed to get 845! yes 845 on the UKCAT. Sorry I just wanted to gloat ive seen some ppl get below 800 LOL. Its going to be EZPZ to get in
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katherine1996)
    Yup just got an interview. And yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.