Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

wendlabergmann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by grammar12)
When did you apply? What are your preds? What was the offer? I applied on 15th October and have heard nothing, my predicted grades are A*A*(D2)AA, Im taking 2 separate English literature A-levels (pre-U and standard A-level) I have offers from RH and York already but nothing from Warwick UCL but an interview at Cambridge. Im really starting to worry because Ive seen quite a few English offers and Warwick is my first choice (apart from Cambridge but its really competitive so I'm not treating it as my first choice) so Im getting anxious as to whether they will reject me
I applied on the 13th of October, and I'm predicted A*AA. The offer was for AAA. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, especially if you've already got an interview from Cambridge. And if you don't get one now, there's always a chance they'll invite you to interview and give you one after that. Some people have got them without (they keep using the phrase 'strongest candidates') but I think there will be some interviews, too.
grammar12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im just a little irate, considering I will have 2 separate English A-levels, my predicted grades are well above those offered by Warwick, and I have an interview at Cambridge I would have thought that they would have gotten back to me by now, just feeling a little dejected considering others have already heard, plus Warwick is my first choice so Im desperate to go there
foxfire54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ETRC)
do maths holders all have the same offer?
The standard offer is A*A*A 2
A*AA 1
That's the offer I received (for MMath).
nush1597
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got a conditional for MMATH and MMORSE from Warwick!! So happy, definitely will firm them

Posted from TSR Mobile
ETRC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by foxfire54)
That's the offer I received (for MMath).
what STEP paper are you going to do?
foxfire54
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ETRC)
what STEP paper are you going to do?
Definitely not III, as I'd only be able to do the pure questions which obviously puts me at a big disadvantage. I and II seem pretty similar from what I've seen, so I'm not sure which one to do. Which one are you thinking of taking?
ETRC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely not III, as I'd only be able to do the pure questions which obviously puts me at a big disadvantage. I and II seem pretty similar from what I've seen, so I'm not sure which one to do. Which one are you thinking of taking?
I was thinking about I and II but am just going to do I because it is the easiest and there is not point doing a harder STEP for me. Also I was looking at the mechanics questions in I and II and they seem slightly easier if you are good at mechanics.
I think II is just a slightly bit harder than I.
KimonoMyHouse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've applied for Literature and Film. I'm predicted AAA. I haven't heard back yet, but if I get an offer, they'll be my firm choice!
sarah.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by username42)
Just got an A*AA offer for economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you international? What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
foxfire54
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ETRC)
I was thinking about I and II but am just going to do I because it is the easiest and there is not point doing a harder STEP for me. Also I was looking at the mechanics questions in I and II and they seem slightly easier if you are good at mechanics.
I think II is just a slightly bit harder than I.
Yeah, the problem is I'm not that good with mechanics XD The probability and statistics stuff is more my strong suit, after the pure maths.
I guess, if STEP II is a harder paper, won't the grade boundaries be adjusted? Otherwise you're at a major disadvantage just for picking the wrong exam, which seems like a really bad idea if you want to get as many people into your university as you can.
ETRC
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, the problem is I'm not that good with mechanics XD The probability and statistics stuff is more my strong suit, after the pure maths.
I guess, if STEP II is a harder paper, won't the grade boundaries be adjusted? Otherwise you're at a major disadvantage just for picking the wrong exam, which seems like a really bad idea if you want to get as many people into your university as you can.
The grade boundaries are like any other exams. It depends on how good everyone else taking it found it and the score calculated is like your ums.
_Charlotte15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by username42)
Around the 10th of October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick is soo good sisters doing medicine there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hanna26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have got the offer for Economics today
MoSalhi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hanna26)
Congrats, what grades did they want?
KimonoMyHouse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Been asked up for an interview for Film and Literature!
theCapitalist2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone received an offer for Law with Business Studies (4 years)? I applied October 13th and haven't received anything. (Predicted 43 in IB)
YellowNinja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MoSalhi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by YellowNinja)
Anyone for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for Physics, already got my offer
sophus18x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unconditional offer sociology!!!!!!!
sarah.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hanna26)
Well done!!!!
what are your gcse & as grades? & what were you predicted? And are you international? Sorry for all the questions if you don't mind me asking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads