The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erinmcm
Thank you!! Ehh my interview was on 15th of April & I got an offer on the 23rd.
But I know a girl who had an interview the same day as me and she's heard no word yet either :frown:

Oh right cheers for letting me know! and no problem :biggrin::biggrin:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by cmull27
Oh right cheers for letting me know! and no problem :biggrin::biggrin:

You're welcome!! Hope you get in :biggrin:
Has everyone sorted their accommodation now?
Original post by erinmcm
You're welcome!! Hope you get in :biggrin:

Cheers man! :smile:
Reply 244
Original post by ZuluK
No i havent so if youve heard I dont think Ive got a place. Feeling a bit gutted right now but hey ho. Disappointing that the one place I wanted to go to didnt accept but the others did. But congratulations though. :biggrin:

You never know, it might be late coming in so dont give up yet :smile:
Reply 245
Original post by caraaxx
Congratulations on your offer. I've chosen Hertfordshire as my firm choice for Radiography 😁

Thank you :smile: its my firm also!
Original post by sneha2096
Has everyone sorted their accommodation now?

Yes I have. Crying at the amount it's going to cost! :frown:
Original post by steffanwb

Same it is very sad. I didn't think it would be that bad but they have changed the opinion.
I've been accepted for the Film and Television Production course. Really excited. Can't wait talk about movies with like-minded people. Film people; post a movie you love! (Non-film people feel free to too)

I'm going to have to go with... Inglorious Bastards (2009)
I understand that you must apply for 4 place. But I'm too silly to understand. In the "standard" college lane campus at Telford court and bell (something) or other.
does en suite bathroom mean I get my own bathroom connected to my bedroom?.. I believe it's the 134 a week ones
Original post by Giuseppe Amoroso
I understand that you must apply for 4 place. But I'm too silly to understand. In the "standard" college lane campus at Telford court and bell (something) or other.
does en suite bathroom mean I get my own bathroom connected to my bedroom?.. I believe it's the 134 a week ones

Telford Court has no ensuite rooms. Bellingham Court (which I think you are talking about) standard rooms does have an ensuite. At least to my knowledge. And yes that means you'll have your own toilet, sink and shower which is attached to your room. Look at the images of the accommodation for a better idea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sneha2096
Same it is very sad. I didn't think it would be that bad but they have changed the opinion.

The rooms are lovely to be fair and most will be brand new next year. Still having to dig deep into the pockets haha!
Telford Court has no ensuite rooms. Bellingham Court (which I think you are talking about) standard rooms does have an ensuite. At least to my knowledge. And yes that means you'll have your own toilet, sink and shower which is attached to your room. Look at the images of the accommodation for a better idea.

Thanks for shedding some light on that subject, I noticed in the details both of them are standard but claim to have en suite bathrooms. Thanks for clearing it up, I'll apply for both. Hope it's don't by priority eg 1st choice if not available 2nd etc

Yeah, £400 deposit as well -.-
Original post by AaronPeterHurst
Yeah, £400 deposit as well -.-

Not to bothered about that deposit as I have it covered. But my maintenance loan is looking to be about £4500~ish. So I'm gonna have to work my ass off over the summer to try and cover some of the cost!
Not to bothered about that deposit as I have it covered. But my maintenance loan is looking to be about £4500~ish. So I'm gonna have to work my ass off over the summer to try and cover some of the cost!

Same I didn't think accommodation was going to be so expensive! :eek: Haha I will be broke, hopefully will be able to get a part-time job or something there. Or at least I hope I'll be able to make enough over the summer to live off lol
And I'm visiting family for the entirety of the summer so I won't have a chance to make the money either haha. I wonder if that deposit comes out of the finance.
I could get around £5000 with the possibility of a SSG.

It's actually funny how even then it doesn't cover the cost of rent, going to Uni is expensive :/
Original post by Penny96
Same I didn't think accommodation was going to be so expensive! :eek: Haha I will be broke, hopefully will be able to get a part-time job or something there. Or at least I hope I'll be able to make enough over the summer to live off lol

Yea compared to most universities the cost of accommodation is right up there! Definitely going to need a part time job first year!
Recently got a conditional offer for adult nursing in Hertfordshire :biggrin: Was wondering how do I apply for bursary? Thanks in advance!
Hey guys! Since the prices are rather high for halls, are any of you interested in sharing a house? Perhaps 5/6 bedrooms! Obvs you've gotta be fun and like to party :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending