Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looks wise what would you honestly rate yourself out of 10? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Im not trying to be arrogant- I dont go around telling people 'oh look at me look how amazing i am'. Im just confident with myself and how I look. It upsets me when people are scoffed at for liking the way they look (not saying youre doing that, just making a general statement). I find insecurity is romanticised too much nowadays.

Naturally, probably not. Lots of girls in my opinion are 10/10 when they do their hair, put on nice clothes and do their makeup really well. I think 10/10 is something you really have to work for, hence why I said I only go to 10/10 when I do my makeup really well- fairly rare as Im lazy.
    I do agree with that line!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Probably 0, 1 on a good day 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Rather not have to deal with any messages - theres always the odd weirdo who starts messaging you constantly
    Busted :sad:

Also again, emphasising anonymity.
    I don't think I could ever be anonymous online again - so much content out there now, all of it linked to various things that reveal my identity, and my style is quite 'unique' shall we say, so I couldn't hide my identity if I tried. Come at me bro

I have actually been threatened in the past, on another forum, and also by slutwalk movement activists on Facebook, who have revealed/shared my identity/personal info. It phases me not, it's usually just sad/imbittered narky women who wouldn't dare attack me and I'm very philosophical about things that may or may not happen to me - believe strongly in free speech, and shall never be gagged :horse:

(Original post by liass)
    I find insecurity is romanticised too much nowadays
    I don’t know, I find the opposite – everyone in denial about being insecure, trying to be the picture of strength and stability, and yet virtually everyone has their insecurities. Indeed, this is no doubt a factor in the high, and growing, number of young males facing serious psychological difficulties

Lots of girls in my opinion are 10/10 when they do their hair, put on nice clothes and do their makeup really well
    It’s possible you have relatively lax standards. 10/10 means perfection to most men, and many of us wouldn’t award it to more than a handful of girls in the world!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly a 2/10 in looks.

However after an exhausting ritualistic fixing up with makeup, hair and styling I can just about stretch to a 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Busted :sad:

I don't think I could ever be anonymous online again - so much content out there now, all of it linked to various things that reveal my identity, and my style is quite 'unique' shall we say, so I couldn't hide my identity if I tried. Come at me bro

I have actually been threatened in the past, on another forum, and also by slutwalk movement activists on Facebook, who have revealed/shared my identity/personal info. It phases me not, it's usually just sad/imbittered narky women who wouldn't dare attack me and I'm very philosophical about things that may or may not happen to me - believe strongly in free speech, and shall never be gagged :horse:

I don’t know, I find the opposite – everyone in denial about being insecure, trying to be the picture of strength and stability, and yet virtually everyone has their insecurities. Indeed, this is no doubt a factor in the high, and growing, number of young males facing serious psychological difficulties

It’s possible you have relatively lax standards. 10/10 means perfection to most men, and many of us wouldn’t award it to more than a handful of girls in the world!
    Why do you care so much about me posting a picture? What will that result in? How is it going to affect your life?

See- youve been threatened and apparently abused online, and yet youre convincing me its ok to post a picture of myself online and nothing will happen? Ok sure.

Nah I disagree with you about self-confidence being more romanticised than insecurity. Look at popular songs like 'What makes you beautiful' by 1d- theyre basically saying the fact that she doesnt know shes beautiful is what makes her beautiful, which is just wrong.
    Also, if a girl compliments herself or is confident about her appearance, people scoff and say things like 'youre not pretty get over yourself' or 'wow youre so vain', but if shes really insecure everyones like 'awww thats so cute' and 'darling its ok you're beautiful'. As Im not a guy, I cannot say whether it is the opposite for guys or not. But (espec. as I go to an all-girls school) I can see that being insecure is valued more than being confident in a girl

Idk maybe I do have lax standards but I still stick by what I said. I get compliments a lot, people stare on the street and I like the way I look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Why do you care so much about me posting a picture?
    The fate of humanity rests on this decision :gah:

What will that result in?
    Milkybars on me! :bandit:

How is it going to affect your life?
    :iiam:

See- youve been threatened and apparently abused online, and yet youre convincing me its ok to post a picture of myself online and nothing will happen? Ok sure
    Naw, not trying to convince you of owt, t'was just an aside

Nah I disagree with you about self-confidence being more romanticised than insecurity
    I'm not sure 'romanticised' is the world I would use, but society is now full of drones doing their best to look, think, and behave like the morons they idolise in the media :rolleyes:

Look at popular songs like 'What makes you beautiful' by 1d- theyre basically saying the fact that she doesnt know shes beautiful is what makes her beautiful, which is just wrong
    Why do you think that is? It's because that crap sells to the billions of uglies sat at home munching on fudge, listening to their garbage music, and weeping into their pillows. It's not because insecurities are romanticised, it's because consumerism plays on them to milk such people of their monies :devil:

Trust me, those little 1d punks wouldn't piss on an ugly girl if she were on fire :headfire:

Also, if a girl compliments herself or is confident about her appearance, people scoff and say things like 'youre not pretty get over yourself' or 'wow youre so vain'
    Sure, making comments that betray a certain level of vanity/arrogance attracts scorn, but that doesn’t mean that people have romantic preconceptions about those with insecurities

if shes really insecure everyones like 'awww thats so cute' and 'darling its ok you're beautiful'
    Sometimes, it depends on her nature e.g. people who are insecure and bitter not so much, but people who are insecure and bashful/apologetic/cute with it, more so – but that’s more about being nice to people and recognising their character, than it is about some weird fetish for insecurities per sae

I go to an all-girls school
    Mate, all girls schools are not a representative sample of humanity! :facepalm2:

I can see that being insecure is valued more than being confident in a girl
    Girls schools can be very catty indeed, and anyone who stands out and makes anyone else look relatively plain etc is likely to attract negative juju

I get compliments a lot, people stare on the street and I like the way I look
    Congrats. Just don’t be yet another girl who allows that to interfere with her achieving her true potential :horse: (seen it happen too many times)

ReputationRep:
    i feel like i'm bathing in cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Congrats. Just don’t be yet another girl who allows that to interfere with her achieving her true potential :horse: (seen it happen too many times)
    What do you mean by 'true potential'?

ReputationRep:
    Who's scale are we using.

Because my 6 is like other people's 8/9.

2 is unlucky...

4 is average.

6 is decent.

8 is hot.

10 is like... Can't cope.

So on my scale, a 6 maybe.

ReputationRep:
    3/10 with makeup+hair etc 4-5/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

2 is unlucky...

4 is average.

6 is decent.

8 is hot.

Wouldn't it be 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artimus)
    Wouldn't it be 5?
    It should be but not for me

It's skewed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

2 is unlucky...

4 is average.

6 is decent.

8 is hot.

I wonder what your 10 is for other people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    I wonder what your 10 is for other people...
    I don't think it matters because there is no such thing as a 10, everyone has a flaw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeJay)
    I don't think it matters because there is no such thing as a 10, everyone has a flaw

Posted from TSR Mobile

That "flaw" could be perceived as perfect for someone
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binarythoughts)
    That "flaw" could be perceived as perfect for someone
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    ...and vice versa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6/10 would anyone rate me maybe x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.