Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulmilad)
    help from any law applicants!

I want to apply for law and wanted your opinion on my chances.

gcse: 3A* 6A
    A-LEVEL: A*AA
    With a relevant personal statement it looks like you have a very solid application! Good luck!

I'm also thinking about applying to Durham for Law. Already finished A2 with A*A*A. However I only got a C in Extended Project, would it be worth putting it on the application? Worried about it showing lack of effort or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killane)
    With a relevant personal statement it looks like you have a very solid application! Good luck!

I'm also thinking about applying to Durham for Law. Already finished A2 with A*A*A. However I only got a C in Extended Project, would it be worth putting it on the application? Worried about it showing lack of effort or something.
    In all honesty i dont think they give a sh!t about anything besides your A-levels. I say so because i phones the unis and they dont dont it into account during admissions process. And also i know someone who got A*AA but a D in extended project yet is now studying in kings college london (he also had offers from bristol and bermingham)

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty i dont think they give a sh!t about anything besides your A-levels. I say so because i phones the unis and they dont dont it into account during admissions process. And also i know someone who got A*AA but a D in extended project yet is now studying in kings college london (he also had offers from bristol and bermingham)
    Ah makes sense! Do you know if he bothered putting it onto his UCAS application? I guess it doesn't matter either way haha

ReputationRep:
    help from any law applicants!

I want to apply for law and wanted your opinion on my chances.

gcse: 3A* 6A
    A-LEVEL: A*AA
    Heya! I'm currently at Durham studying law. Feel free to message me!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: ABBBBCCC (I have extenuating circumstances)
    AS Levels: AAAA in History, Politics, Sociology and Law
    A Levels: AAA in History, Government and Politics, and Law

I'm applying to University College for Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenyheaney)
    GCSE
    A*A*A*AAAAAAAA

AS (bold are going to A2)
    English Lit A
    Drama A
    Maths A
    Further Maths B (self-taught)
    Classical Civilisation C (everyone in my class under-performed, it seems)

I'll be applying to do English, and although I'm a little worried about Drama having a 'rep' as a softie, I'm hoping my tutor will play the "97% UMS in English" card somewhere in my reference
    I wouldn't worry about drama. It ties in well with your course and Durham is renowned for student theatre. You have a good chance with 97% UMS in English! Entry is A*AA, so you'll probably have this as a prediction.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 11A*s
    AS: 4As in bio, chem, maths, geo
    Want to apply for natural sciences or biological science!
    How much weighting is given to personal statement in your application? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 2A*s, 7As, 2Bs
    AS Levels: Maths A- 100, 97, 95 UMS
    Further Maths A- 97, 82, 68 UMS (I'm not that great at M2, I might retake)
    Politics B- 85, 62 UMS (Retaking the 62)
    Physics B- 69, 120, 42 UMS (Dropping this)
    Want to apply to do Maths but its A*,A,A. What do you think the chances are? I feel like my personal statements strong.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 11A*
    AS: AAAAA (French, chemistry, economics, computing, general studies)
    Continuing with French, economics and chemistry (and general studies) with prediction of A*A*A*A*
    Already got 2A*s in maths and further maths.
    Applying to Collingwood for maths and economics within natural sciences, anyone else applying to Collingwood or for same subject? X

ReputationRep:
    hopeful economics applicant!

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA
    AS: AAAB in maths, economics, french, gov pol (respectively)

ReputationRep:
    Last year I had mitigating circumstances from around three weeks before my AS-levels and through my exams. I had to look after a close family member in hospital, which seems like an obvious negative effect on my results.However I reported my results to the exam board but nothing seemed to have happened.I got AABC which I know isn't that competitive for law at Durham but I wasn't sure about their mitigating curcumstances!So could anyone tell me if I'd still be a competitive candidate with these grades and how Durham look at mitigating circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so freaking nervous about applying to Durham. It's insane.
    I got A*A*AAAAABBBBBC at GCSE
    and AAAB at AS (History, Maths, English Lit and EPQ)
    I'm predicted A*AA this year....
    I'm struggling to write a strong PS and I'm also considering taking up an extra AS... Although I'm certainly running out of time to decide!
    I want to apply for History for definite

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone! im thinking of applying to josephine butler but does anyone know what the social life is meant to be like? especially seeing as its outside of the city centre?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys as I'm a fellow hopeful I don't know the answer to some of your questions but this other thread may help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458032

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It seems like everybody is super academic here... I feel as if I don't have any chances to get in!

GCSE: 7A*s 2As 2Bs

AS:
    EPQ-A*
    French-B
    Biology-B
    Maths-B
    Psychology-A
    Chemistry-C (lol bless my soul)

I guess I've slipped because I overestimated myself, thinking I could do 5 AS which obviously wasn't the right decision

Those in bold are the ones I'm continuing to A2, I'm intending to apply for Psychology (C800) and to Hatfield/University/Jo Butler! Anyone doing the same course and can anyone tell me more about the colleges?

Do pm me/ fb me

ReputationRep:
    Subject: LAW
    GCSEs: international student
    A-levels:
    English Lang+Lit
    Maths
    Law
    Govt.+Politics
    EPQ

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to apply for biological sciences or biochemistry!

10 A*s 2A's at GCSE
    4 A's at AS In biology, chemistry , maths and economics

Predictions are A* A* A

Hopefully will get an offer based on these, fingers crossed!

Any suggested colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs 6A*s 5As 2Bs
    AS levels
    Econ - A
    Bio - A
    Maths - A
    History - C
    Predicted A*(econ)AA
    Also doing epq
    Applying for economics, bit worried about the C but this is my aspirational choice anyway so its alright

Anyone else doing languages?

GCSE 5A* 6A
    AS AAAB
    Predictions A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Who else is doing Politics?

GCSEs: ABBBBCCC (I had extenuating circumstances)
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A Levels: AAA

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.