Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think south still has spaces as they offered me north or south if i wasnt willing to take on the show flat as it is open for the two open days to the public so i cannot use my kitchen that day at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Oh cool that's good then, thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaudiaaaX)
    I wasn't in clearing, Cardiff was my insurance
    Oh my bad I meant insurance! This happened with my insurance too, so I wouldn't worry :-)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else in 13 Senghennydd Road, part of the Student Village?

ReputationRep:
    Talybont North House C anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mmla)
    Brilliant! I'm house A though, but I'll see you on the course
    What floor and flat are you in?
    I'm in Talybont North, House A, Second Floor, Flat 9

ReputationRep:
    Talybont Court House 1, first floor flat 1C Anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think south still has spaces as they offered me north or south if i wasnt willing to take on the show flat as it is open for the two open days to the public so i cannot use my kitchen that day at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]
    I thought people got paid for doing that!

Do you get all of your furnishings included or is it just a normal flat?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cacra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought people got paid for doing that!

Do you get all of your furnishings included or is it just a normal flat?[/QUOTE]

Basically the show flat comprises of 7 rooms, 6 are regular cardiff university rooms and 1 is fully furnished and is never occupied.

the kitchen is exactly the same as all taly court kitchens, and we dont get paid, I just get an amazon voucher for every open day (i suppose that could be classed as payment)

Anyone know when I should get my accommodation allocated? I applied middle of June.

Cardiff was my firm choice and my offer became unconditional on results day.

I'm leaving the country in a couple of days and was hoping it would be sorted before then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jake1890)
    Anyone know when I should get my accommodation allocated? I applied middle of June.

I'm leaving the country in a couple of days and was hoping it would be sorted before then.
    you should hear back soon, accomodation is allocated on a first come first served basis from the time of application, and sadly june was a fairly late date of an application (most applied by may)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake1890)

I haven't heard back either, starting to get a bit annoying.

I really wished I put Talybont South as my first choice now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yepre)
    What floor and flat are you in?
    I'm in Talybont North, House A, Second Floor, Flat 9
    Second floor flat 8!!! So pretty close you're the first one I've found so close haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm flat
    (Original post by Mmla)
    Second floor flat 8!!! So pretty close you're the first one I've found so close haha
    I'm flat too, so ill be close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franmay)
    I'm flat

I'm flat too, so ill be close
    Great see you there

ReputationRep:
    When is everyone planning on moving in? I really want to move in on the Weds 16th but I think my parents want to help me move in on the 19th, except I'm worried I'll miss out on stuff by not being in halls early.

Goddamn it, i've been allocated my 6th choice haha.

Suppose I should have done it earlier, anyone have an idea how tiny the Taly North small rooms are?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in University Hall, D1 Second floor flat 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmehannah)
    When is everyone planning on moving in? I really want to move in on the Weds 16th but I think my parents want to help me move in on the 19th, except I'm worried I'll miss out on stuff by not being in halls early.
    I'm moving in on the 16th but really because it's the only day my parents can get off... apparently on the 19th though there is some sporting event that might make it harder to move in :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Talybont North, house A, floor 3, flat 12?

ReputationRep:
    Talybont South house 18 first floor flat 2 anybody?😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.