Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Muslim but I've realised I'm definitely bisexual... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fading_away97)
    You lack understanding of Islam and you are missing the point of what I am saying. I am not here to argue just simply to educate people of my religion. Im not going to keep telling you something you clearly cant comprehend. Goodbye em211997.
    I'm pretty sure teachers don't just brush off students who "lack understanding" so you're not doing a very good job of educating people are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry but u r wrong ! I am a Muslim and I know what I am talking about.
    I dunno how to explain to u, but if a Muslim did not prays all the five daily prayers he/she is not a Muslim anymore.

This is what Quran and Hadith says.
    No Hadith is bs the quran doesn't support it the Quran supports the Torah more than the Hadith and guess what they pray 3 times a day as well.

If it's not coming from GOD why follow it? That's my mantra also the Quran says don't follow a book after the Quran so the Hadith is nothing holy and promotes hate to animals like dogs and women and Christians etc. if you follow the Hadith then you don't follow the Quran you're not a muslim.

That's how I see it.

ReputationRep:
    There is NOTHING wrong with being bisexual, homosexual, transexual... you are who you are. For your own mental health ignore those who tell you otherwise - there is no faking sexuality. Love is love, and you're in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not Saudi Arabia. Remember that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    or just accept i am bi and live my life.
    There you go.

Don't be scared of hell, it's a childish fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    Why does every thread with the word 'Islam' or 'Muslim' in it get hijacked into one of these 'Religion vs. Atheism' or 'Proof of God' debates -- which though interesting in themselves should have their own threads!

--
    Isn't there any control /rule by moderators about off-topic posts?!

My understanding of Allah, how I've been brought up, is of a Merciful God who forgives anything as long as you repent even if you fall back and do the sin again and again as He is Infinitely Merciful. Of course, that's not an excuse to keep on doing it but I believe that if someone genuinely tries their best then He will understand. I should perhaps have said in the beginning that I follow the Sufi branch of Islam which is the mystical spiritual side of Islam with love for all at its centre.

I do think it is sad when people say LGBT Muslims aren't Muslims even when they try to do what Islam says...

I recall a famous story from the hadith about a prostitute who was granted Paradise simply for the kind act of giving water to a thirsty dog...that's the kind of Merciful Allah I believe in...

Having said that, I wish I didn't have this attraction to Pretty Young Things (of both genders) but I do and it is driving me crazy sometimes! The price, I fear, of being born with a sensitive soul...

I guess I will just have to keep on struggling but thanks for those who helped or tried to so far and to those who hijacked the thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebastiane2014)

My understanding of Allah, how I've been brought up, is of a Merciful God who forgives anything as long as you repent even if you fall back and do the sin again and again as He is Infinitely Merciful.

If he is infinitely merciful why does he torture people for all eternity?

I don't believe in him so am going to spend all of eternity in hell. In what way is he going to be "infinitely merciful" exactly?

He is certainly infinite in your belief system. Merciful? Not so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    Either he is all loving or his love is conditional... Which is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    His love is conditional - All Loving is not one of the 99 names of Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Brother,
    I am only 16, but if there is one thing I know it is that EVERYONE commits mistakes. I am a muslim too, and honestly, as a person who is very familiar with Islamic concepts, the act you commited was a sin. The severity of it is only known by Allah.

However, that isnt to say that you are definately going to hell. That being said I must tell you that, however barbaric and old fashioned it may seem in our society, (i live in manchester) Homosexuality is a sin and the Quran confirms this as certain civillisations have been destroyed due to this act.

My advice would be to see an Imam or Shiekh at your Mosque. Just like doctors have the duty to heal their patients, an Imam has the duty to apply his knowladge to the lives of the believers. You cannot keep this to yourself as it will only continiue to consume you my brother, and he will guide you back to the right path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    His love is conditional - All Loving is not one of the 99 names of Allah.
    Well it seems that god is not as perfect as I once thought. You picture him as petty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    Homosexuality is a sin and the Quran confirms this as certain civillisations have been destroyed due to this act.
    Namely...?

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you done. There is something wrong with the religion and its followers telling you that it's wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    So he tortures people forever for not doing exactly what he wants? That makes him a tyrant. He's like a child who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way.

By all means help me to understand if I've got this wrong
    Do you have a problem with this country punishing those who break the law? Your logic is flawed...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, in a Universe with thousands of stars and other planets, I really don't think God cares about you being bisexual. Just do what you want, as long as you're not hurting anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebastiane2014)
    Why does every thread with the word 'Islam' or 'Muslim' in it get hijacked into one of these 'Religion vs. Atheism' or 'Proof of God' debates -- which though interesting in themselves should have their own threads!

--
    Isn't there any control /rule by moderators about off-topic posts?!

My understanding of Allah, how I've been brought up, is of a Merciful God who forgives anything as long as you repent even if you fall back and do the sin again and again as He is Infinitely Merciful. Of course, that's not an excuse to keep on doing it but I believe that if someone genuinely tries their best then He will understand. I should perhaps have said in the beginning that I follow the Sufi branch of Islam which is the mystical spiritual side of Islam with love for all at its centre.

I do think it is sad when people say LGBT Muslims aren't Muslims even when they try to do what Islam says...

I recall a famous story from the hadith about a prostitute who was granted Paradise simply for the kind act of giving water to a thirsty dog...that's the kind of Merciful Allah I believe in...

Having said that, I wish I didn't have this attraction to Pretty Young Things (of both genders) but I do and it is driving me crazy sometimes! The price, I fear, of being born with a sensitive soul...

I guess I will just have to keep on struggling but thanks for those who helped or tried to so far and to those who hijacked the thread!

It seems as though you know what you need to do.

Repent to Allah and turn back to his guidance. It doesn't benefit anyone except for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Namely...?
    The people of Lut for example

It isn't a sin to be bisexual; it's just a sin to act on it
    Did you get that from NAK?

ReputationRep:
    The people of Lut for example
    Erm... Do you have any real examples?

It's a circular argument to use an example from the same source as your argument to back up your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    Well it seems that god is not as perfect as I once thought. You picture him as petty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An All Loving God sounds nice but it is illogical, if you think about it - God wouldn't punish the likes of Hitler or Stalin then, so where would be the justice? Love has to be conditional in order to exercise justice and thus punish those who do wrong; God could be All Loving but then He would have to exercise justice against those He loved... Either way, it's negligable whether God is All Loving because He is the Most Beneficent.

ReputationRep:
    People don't realise that God is merciful yet He has the ability to punish whom He wills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Erm... Do you have any real examples?

It's a circular argument to use an example from the same source as your argument to back up your argument.
    Well, no, not really; if their was proof that God destroyed a city for rampant homosexuality, then there would be absolute proof for God and everyone would be theists. Your original question of homosexuality being haraam in Islam has been answered, so I don't get why you are asking that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.