Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    So Szcz is our cup keeper for the rest of the season?
    Most likely, yeah. I felt comfortable with Fabianski last season, but not so much with Szczesny nowadays. Hopefully he can be motivated by his desire to return as the number 1.

ReputationRep:
    Just read on sky sports that Swansea were interested in getting Campbell on loan? I know he's included in the Gabriel deal but he would have developed a lot better at a premier league club. He definitely would have got games, especially after Bony left.

ReputationRep:
    There have been times when Chesney has been a top class GK. However, it is pretty shocking how he has regressed and not developed. Guy's head is just not in the right place. His composure and decision making is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Just read on sky sports that Swansea were interested in getting Campbell on loan? I know he's included in the Gabriel deal but he would have developed a lot better at a premier league club. He definitely would have got games, especially after Bony left.
    Pretty sure Joel Campbell has played his last game for Arsenal, Wenger just doesnt fancy him. £1m loan fee and probably another £10m from Sociedad or whoever in the summer is decent business for a player who will always find it hard to get game time with Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Cazorla, AOC etc occupying his position.

To me, he looks like more of a scrapper than anything and lacks the finesse to be an Arsenal attacker. For Costa Rica etc it suited him but that's not what Wenger is looking for imo. Should stick a sell on clause in like we did with Vela, these things have a habit of paying off.

ReputationRep:
    Why did Scz come charging out for their second goal? He's done that a lot this season and pretty much concedes a goal every time. 2nd choice for me.

ReputationRep:
    Chez thinks he's Neuer :lol:

I understand now the persistent rumours of us looking at other keepers from way back now even when he was playing relatively well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Chez thinks he's Neuer :lol:

I understand now the persistent rumours of us looking at other keepers from way back now even when he was playing relatively well.
    Flapped at some crosses / corners yesterday too. Disappointing performance, I was hoping he would come out fighting for his place but it was the same old mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to start blaming for it. Fact is he just doesn't have the right mentality to play for a top side and it's evident the pressure gets to him. You start to doubt if he's even going to be good enough as a cup keeper seeing as being displaced by Ospina will be a massive blow to his confidence.

ReputationRep:
    He's still got time on his side if he he gets his head down and works hard. Will be a tough test of his character though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Pretty sure Joel Campbell has played his last game for Arsenal, Wenger just doesnt fancy him. £1m loan fee and probably another £10m from Sociedad or whoever in the summer is decent business for a player who will always find it hard to get game time with Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Cazorla, AOC etc occupying his position.

To me, he looks like more of a scrapper than anything and lacks the finesse to be an Arsenal attacker. For Costa Rica etc it suited him but that's not what Wenger is looking for imo. Should stick a sell on clause in like we did with Vela, these things have a habit of paying off.
    This. Left footed attackers are quite coveted nowadays.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Sickening feeling we're getting United for the draw this evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Sickening feeling we're getting United for the draw this evening.
    Nope. You'll get Crystal Palace and United will get Derby County. Thats what im predicting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...101320394.html

The inestimable joy of Tomas Rosicky

''Football yearns for players who are different. Who if they were a silhouette on the pitch, would still be instantly recognisable thanks to their gait and touch and the way they make a football move. Rosicky is one such player.

It is the way he twists and turns, full of creative possibility; the way potential energy becomes kinetic as he passes, prods and pushes the ball in his distinctive manner, through all kinds of gaps and via all kinds of angles and trajectories; and, like a native tribesman utilising every part of an animal carcass, the way no part of his boot goes to waste: instep, heel, toe, laces and, most gloriously, the outside as he audaciously sends a cross-field pass soaring across the turf.''

Quite interesting that both Cazorla and Rosicky are playing at their peaks atm now that Ozil is back. Impossible to play all 3 and imo Cazorla/Ozil has never quite worked, not enough movement off the ball and running for there to be synergies. Ramsey last season provided the running to compensate and Sanchez/Walcott do it hugely tbf so maybe we can play Caz/Ozil

Rosicky + 1 for me

Incidentally, this also pretty much confirms what we already knew about not signing Cesc being the correct decision. We dont lack creativity through the middle at all

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool vs united
    Arsenal vs West ham

- is what I want.

Id take west hame at home where I have confidence we can beat them, and eliminate a difficult contender.. and united vs liverpool at anfield would be awesome. Replay please, then a liverpool victory... to give them both that extra fixture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    This. Left footed attackers are quite coveted nowadays.
    Yeah true.

Quite stunning that Greizmann didnt attract more suitors over the summer for £24m incidentally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Liverpool vs united
    Arsenal vs West ham

- is what I want.

Id take west hame at home where I have confidence we can beat them, and eliminate a difficult contender.. and united vs liverpool at anfield would be awesome. Replay please, then a liverpool victory... to give them both that extra fixture.
    I think you've forgotton that United arent in Europe or the COC. An added fixture wont be so bad for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yeah true.

Quite stunning that Greizmann didnt attract more suitors over the summer for £24m incidentally
    Yeah. Mourinho definitely missed a trick in not going for him. Guy has been beast mode past few months for Atlético.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. Mourinho definitely missed a trick in not going for him. Guy has been beast mode past few months for Atlético.
    Not just Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, City would all have been hugely improved by him.

Wenger disappoints me because I'd like to think Greizmann being an Alsatian Frenchman as well would have been keen to play for him.

Sanchez
    Greizmann Ozil Walcott

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Liverpool vs united
    Arsenal vs West ham

- is what I want.

Tbh any home draw would be relatively OK. Obviously we always seem to find a way to lose vs Utd, no matter how much we outplay them, but sooner or later we have to get the result we deserve. And they are proper pony really.

We are very likely to get a straightforward draw tbh, and I think we will win the Cup again or at least make it to Wem-be-ley

ReputationRep:
    We can win any game except for United away, so I'm hopeful for the draw.

Not watching The One Show though, what a load of BS.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.