Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basedgiraffe)
    omg :s do u know most of unit one? im revising cognitive atm and im not going to sleep until i finished it tbh
    i suggest you try and fit both of the units in this week but focus more on unit 1 unless ur comfortable with it then next week you can just go over unit 2 as much as you can! And no, think ID is relatively easy to remember as there are little to no case studies to revise for hehe. Don't forget about your other subjects too. Good luck!!
    yeah i've revised all of unit 1, just need to do a few past papers and remember some studies for evaluation. i'm hoping the grade boundaries are low this year for unit 2! and thanks, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    guys i was just wondering if i somehow managed to fail one unit will i be able to retake it next year? just one unit?
    as the syllabus is changing and all is it possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccar16)
    yeah i've revised all of unit 1, just need to do a few past papers and remember some studies for evaluation. i'm hoping the grade boundaries are low this year for unit 2! and thanks, good luck to you too!
    thanks!! and same

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I can revise all of PSYA1 in a week? If I already know the stuff briefly and have an OK understanding????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    the isolated twins can be used because they recovered to normal social development at the age of 7 going against rutter 6 month period idea.
    expand on this please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    expand on this please
    Rutter found those adopted before 6 months showed normal development but those after 6 months showed disinhinbited attachment. However the isolated twins recovered to normal development at the age of 7 when they were found, way past rutters 6 month idea. I think this would be a strong point as A02

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereticalpilgrim)
    Do you think I can revise all of PSYA1 in a week? If I already know the stuff briefly and have an OK understanding????
    Yea u can
    BUT make sure u learn it all properly inside out x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone tell me if this is right:
    Learning theory suggests that we learn to form attachments with our caregiver. There are three parts to this theory: classical conditioning, operant conditioning and social learning.
    Classical Conditioning is when the infant is fed, the food produces a feeling of pleasure as the infant is no longer feeling hungry. The child associates the person feeding them with pleasure and food. This encourages the child to become attached to the caregiver (aka cupboard love theory).
    Operant Conditioning is when the infant shows accidental responses e.g crying, the caregiver provides the infant with attention which then encourages the child to interact with the caregiver. This is instrumental in helping the child develop attachments with the caregiver.
    Social Learning suggests that infants observe attachment behaviours of their role models and imitate the affection shown to them as those behaviours are vicariously reinforced. Parents may directly instruct infants to engage in attachment by facilitating them.

This is what I have in my notes however I'm not sure it's all correct????

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone tell me if this is right:
    Learning theory suggests that we learn to form attachments with our caregiver. There are three parts to this theory: classical conditioning, operant conditioning and social learning.
    Classical Conditioning is when the infant is fed, the food produces a feeling of pleasure as the infant is no longer feeling hungry. The child associates the person feeding them with pleasure and food. This encourages the child to become attached to the caregiver (aka cupboard love theory).
    Operant Conditioning is when the infant shows accidental responses e.g crying, the caregiver provides the infant with attention which then encourages the child to interact with the caregiver. This is instrumental in helping the child develop attachments with the caregiver.
    Social Learning suggests that infants observe attachment behaviours of their role models and imitate the affection shown to them as those behaviours are vicariously reinforced. Parents may directly instruct infants to engage in attachment by facilitating them.

This is what I have in my notes however I'm not sure it's all correct????
    Social learning theory is not a part of the AQA specification. Learning theory has two components (classical and operant conditioning) as far as we're concerned.

Your descriptions of Classical/Operant Conditioning is not descriptive enough, you're missing much information. I'm also not sure what the Operant conditioning you've described is. However well done for contextualising learning theory to attachment, most people just say what happens but don't explain how it relates to an attachment being formed.

Here is something that's more accurate:

One explanation of attachment is learning theory. Learning theory is a behavioral (we learn everything through experiences!) approach and suggests that attachment is learned through classical or operant conditioning.

Classical conditioning involves learning through ASSOCIATION. Food (unconditioned stimulus (UCS)) produces a sense pleasure (unconditioned response (UCR)). The person who is feeding (usually the mother) is the neutral stimulus (NS) and becomes ASSOCIATED with the food. The feeder then becomes the conditioned stimulus (CS) and produces the feeling of pleasure associated with the food (conditioned response (CR))(even when food isn't present). This ASSOCIATION between an infant and caregiver is what leads to an attachment - according to classical conditioning. - This is based on Pavlov's research, you can describe that for a longer mark answer and then relate it to attachment by saying the above, but for any other ATTACHMENT question, this is enough.

Operant conditioning involves learning through REINFORCEMENT. The hungry infant feels uncomfortable and this creates a drive state to reduce the discomfort. When the infant is fed, the drive state is reduced and this produces a feeling of pleasure (which is rewarding). Food becomes a primary reinforcer and the person associated with avoiding the discomfort (the person feeding, e.g. mother) becomes a secondary reinforcer. This leads to an attachment being formed.

You can then be brill and go on to evaluate this by saying that learning theory suggests that food is the device to which an attachment can be formed however as research has found, e.g. Harlow (and explain what he found), this may not be the case.

So to kind of conclude I would definitely not use those notes you have.

ReputationRep:
    guys i was just wondering if i somehow managed to fail one unit will i be able to retake it next year? just one unit?
    as the syllabus is changing and all is it possible?
    Yes, you are still given one chance to resit each paper even though the specification is changing. My teacher told us last week, it's only fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Social learning theory is not a part of the AQA specification. Learning theory has two components (classical and operant conditioning) as far as we're concerned.

Your descriptions of Classical/Operant Conditioning is not descriptive enough, you're missing much information. I'm also not sure what the Operant conditioning you've described is. However well done for contextualising learning theory to attachment, most people just say what happens but don't explain how it relates to an attachment being formed.

Here is something that's more accurate:

One explanation of attachment is learning theory. Learning theory is a behavioral (we learn everything through experiences!) approach and suggests that attachment is learned through classical or operant conditioning.

Classical conditioning involves learning through ASSOCIATION. Food (unconditioned stimulus (UCS)) produces a sense pleasure (unconditioned response (UCR)). The person who is feeding (usually the mother) is the neutral stimulus (NS) and becomes ASSOCIATED with the food. The feeder then becomes the conditioned stimulus (CS) and produces the feeling of pleasure associated with the food (conditioned response (CR))(even when food isn't present). This ASSOCIATION between an infant and caregiver is what leads to an attachment - according to classical conditioning. - This is based on Pavlov's research, you can describe that for a longer mark answer and then relate it to attachment by saying the above, but for any other ATTACHMENT question, this is enough.

Operant conditioning involves learning through REINFORCEMENT. The hungry infant feels uncomfortable and this creates a drive state to reduce the discomfort. When the infant is fed, the drive state is reduced and this produces a feeling of pleasure (which is rewarding). Food becomes a primary reinforcer and the person associated with avoiding the discomfort (the person feeding, e.g. mother) becomes a secondary reinforcer. This leads to an attachment being formed.

You can then be brill and go on to evaluate this by saying that learning theory suggests that food is the device to which an attachment can be formed however as research has found, e.g. Harlow (and explain what he found), this may not be the case.

So to kind of conclude I would definitely not use those notes you have.
    thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereticalpilgrim)
    I revised it in 3 days before my unit 1 mock and got a B depends on your memory (see what I did there)' if your memory isn't the best I'd revise a lot this week.

ReputationRep:
    You know once you've described something for a 12 marker e.g. Attachment types or ainsworths strange situation when you give supporting evidence or evidence against it, is that seen as a02

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    You know once you've described something for a 12 marker e.g. Attachment types or ainsworths strange situation when you give supporting evidence or evidence against it, is that seen as a02
    Yeah, the description is AO1 and the evaluation/evidence/criticisms are AO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    It doesn't have to be evidence supporting/against it! That implies research. You can add some research methods in and say it may be considered unethical as it caused the children some harm, or you can say it lacked ecological validity as the children were placed in an unfamiliar environment, sample biased as they were middle class American families and may not be applicable to other cultures/socio-economic backgrounds, etcetc!

ReputationRep:
    This time next week we would have already done our Unit 1 Psychology Paper
    I hope we get a good paper and I hope that no 12 mark question about daycare comes up as I absolutely hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry06)
    This time next week we would have already done our Unit 1 Psychology Paper
    I hope we get a good paper and I hope that no 12 mark question about daycare comes up as I absolutely hate it
    same!!! daycare is the worst! :'( hopefully they go easy on us with the 12 markers in general

ReputationRep:
    Spec is changing next year, feel like they're going to be absolute tw*ts with the questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, is it possible to get a 24marker on gender dysphoria?? My teacher kinda taught that as part of the biosocial explanation so I don't know enough if it is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlueBiro)
    Hey guys, is it possible to get a 24marker on gender dysphoria?? My teacher kinda taught that as part of the biosocial explanation so I don't know enough if it is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wrong thread, buddy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.