Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Clubs are for pulling, not drinking.
    you sound like a stroppy teenager who goes on about literally just sex a lot of the time, are you really a post grad student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    you sound like a stroppy teenager who goes on about literally just sex a lot of the time, are you really a post grad student?
    Bit rich coming from a wannabee investment banker

>Work 90 hour week simply for a coke and golddigger fest in the club on Friday...

...with your work colleagues :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was.

Why would you not go on about sex all the time? Its great.

Sex, beer, sport and heavy metal are the only four things worth talking about.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a ****

gtfo my thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    You sound like a ****

gtfo my thread
    whats wrong babes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Free Radical)
    Bit rich coming from a wannabee investment banker

>Work 90 hour week simply for a coke and golddigger fest in the club on Friday...

...with your work colleagues :puke:
    uh huh. ty for telling me how ill live my life lol, something upset you?

ReputationRep:
    I know my limits pfffft

Lol I can tell you've never been drunk
    People like you who've drank once and think they're all that just annoy me, I get the point you think you're tough for drinking alcohol but do one telling me it's a poor excuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    People like you who've drank once and think they're all that just annoy me, I get the point you think you're tough for drinking alcohol but do one telling me it's a poor excuse
    LOL, I started drinking when I was 15 but ok.

I don't think I'm tough for drinking I never said that, but I'm definitely more fun because I drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I don't drink because I have no friends cri.
    Why not drink alone? :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show

Don't do that. It's sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Why not drink alone? :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Don't do that. It's sad.
    No sadder than not drinking alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    No sadder than not drinking alone.
    But sadder than drinking with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Beyond your mid 20's alcohol is used differently than in your teenage to mid twenties. As young people it's mostly used to have fun and loosen up but into adulthood it's used to numb after a stressful day or in general a stressful life. Personally, I think it's a really unhealthy way to de-stress from work or your problems in general and it's a bad crutch. I'd rather exercise than drink to get rid of stress and I know that I share the same genes as my family member and I could quite easily use alcohol as a crutch - I've got a stressful life and problems and for me to drink would be a disaster waiting to happen. I get addicted to anything and everything - chocolate, TV shows, books, puzzles , whatever - that's part of my personality. So I've always avoided alcohol because for me it would be like opening Pandora's Box and I've seen first hand how that can destroy someone and affect the people around them.
    I actually think this is really well put. I don't have a particularly "addictive personality" (inverted commas because addiction is a lot more complicated than having a certain personality), but I have made it an absolute rule never to drink on week nights - even a single glass of wine with a meal. My logic is that if I use any substance to de-stress from a day, then there's no reason not to use it to de-stress every single day, which would end up being a problem. This attitude means I don't have any qualms about using alcohol in a more positive way, to have fun, at the weekends. Not that alcohol is my favourite thing to do at the weekend by any stretch.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of alcoholic drinks taste like ****, especially vodka. I only like cocktails. I wouldn't go to any parties where there's no booze being served because they'd just be boring. And when you're the only sober one out of everyone else you end up looking like a boring knob. You can have fun without drinking but only if no one else is.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink because I have no friends cri.
    Maybe you should get some friends then
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Maybe you should get some friends then

ReputationRep:
    If you are being serious about having no friends then seriously maybe you should try and put yourself out there.

Having no friends sucks, trust me. It's difficult to change but once you actually start talking to people you'll realise having friends is truly awesome

ReputationRep:
    It's just sad people feel the need to be drunk to have fun or be a fun person
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If you are being serious about having no friends then seriously maybe you should try and put yourself out there.

Having no friends sucks, trust me. It's difficult to change but once you actually start talking to people you'll realise having friends is truly awesome
    I was joking .

ReputationRep:
    I was joking .
    I'm pouring my heart our here trying to give advice and you're joking smh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    It's just sad people feel the need to be drunk to have fun or be a fun person
    Heard this so many times and it's just not correct, I can have loads of fun without alcohol but you have the most fun when you and everyone else is drunk

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.