Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck! Remember to read the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys is it alright if i talk / relate a bit about macroeconomic stuff in my unit 1 essay
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jimgordan)
    Hey guys is it alright if i talk / relate a bit about macroeconomic stuff in my unit 1 essay
    There's nothing stopping you, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it's really worth it - the only paper in Economics that's synoptic (requiring you to bring in things from everything) is Unit 4, and so personally, I'd say concentrate on nailing the Micro evaluation, and save the Macro stuff for next week!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm resitting this exam, currently doing Econ3. What graph are we expected to draw for a monopoly question?If one comes up, is it ok to draw the A2 monopoly graph with AR, MR, MC, AC etc curves?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Remember to read the question, and put in lots of evaluation, and diagrams and definitions!!!

Nail the easy marks, and you'll be sure to get a great grade in August!!!

Do it well, and these won't be your retakes in a years time
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nighthiker)
    Hi

I'm resitting this exam, currently doing Econ3. What graph are we expected to draw for a monopoly question?If one comes up, is it ok to draw the A2 monopoly graph with AR, MR, MC, AC etc curves?

Thanks
    I spoke to my teacher about this, and he said don't bother doing a whole A2 diagram - I think he just said do a S&D diagram, but I can't exactly remember - to be honest though, you aren't going to lose marks for doing A2 diagram, and it may impress the examiner, so from that perspective, might as well go for it - but make sure to stay with the AS Micro, rather than A2 micro where possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I spoke to my teacher about this, and he said don't bother doing a whole A2 diagram - I think he just said do a S&D diagram, but I can't exactly remember - to be honest though, you aren't going to lose marks for doing A2 diagram, and it may impress the examiner, so from that perspective, might as well go for it - but make sure to stay with the AS Micro, rather than A2 micro where possible!
    Thanks very much - not too sure how you'd show a monopoly with just S&D so I think I'll go for the A2 graph.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Thanks very much - not too sure how you'd show a monopoly with just S&D so I think I'll go for the A2 graph.
    Yeh, I think I was quite confused about that tbh - I don't think there was a specific monopoly diagram except the A2... should impress the examiner in any case

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You just shift supply to the left, showing higher prices at lower o/p
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    You just shift supply to the left, showing higher prices at lower o/p
    Very useful - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The essays were hard. Context 1.
    Multi choice was alright I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was brutal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the definition in Context 1 and 12 marker?
    Found section B hard :////

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridirahman)
    What did you guys write for the definition in Context 1 and 12 marker?
    Found section B hard :////
    I did scarce resources

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Thank god that's done!!! Just 3 more Economic exams to go :facepalm:

Multichoice I thought some were ambiguous, but then did the second Section B and hopefully that was okish!

ReputationRep:
    Just done the AQA econ1, multiple choice was harder than I thought but essay went quite well, what context did you guys do?

ReputationRep:
    Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wawasan)
    Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for question ,7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

i got loads of Cs though, not D...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czj1997)
    i got loads of Cs though, not D...
    Hmm I dunno really, it would be good if I could remember the question but I was quite convinced at the time

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know roughly how many marks you can get maximum for the 25 if it asks you to write For and against but you are only able to write:
    Definitions
    P1
    Good evidence and explanation
    Good evaluation
    Link

Very very very brief P2 ?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.