Loat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Robbo-92)
What update was that re fuel flow? Never heard anything mentioned

(Original post by Motorbiker)
There was? What was this regulations update?

I thought it was the high tyre degradation and poor Mercedes strategy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118066

Essentially, allowing measurement of fuel flow throughout the system as opposed to at a single point.

Mercedes definitely ****ed up on strategy though, so only time will tell.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by drewBusby)
Mercedes may have to pick who to back if the Ferrari improve further.
Rosberg has been poverty as of late, Hamilton for no1 preference.
Potentially but that will be a decision for after the summer break at the earliest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
legen-daryklutz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Never been a big fan of Vettel, but really can't stop smiling for him! Also, is that the Italian anthem? Swear it's a lot more upbeat than the others
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Poor decision making from Mercedes this weekend, no doubt their sponsors (Petronas) will likely be unhappy also.
And then...
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fantastic to see how much this means for Ferrari.
And then...
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
YESSSSSSSS Love Eddie interviews.
drewBusby
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
Poor decision making from Mercedes this weekend, no doubt their sponsors (Petronas) will likely be unhappy also.

Their competitor Shell sponsors Ferrari, so they will be a tad bit upset to be beaten on home turf.
AlexInWonderland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mercedes need to learn strategy lessons from this weekend, silly decisions throughout really.
Big congrats to Vettel and Ferrari though, it could well be exciting going forward. I'd love a massive battle for WDC between Lewis and Vettel
Robbo-92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so happy for Vettel and Ferrari, I honestly thought Mercedes would bolt from the start never to be seen until the end. The strategy was poor from Mercedes no doubt, maybe that's the disadvantage of on,y having one strategy engineer? Unlike Lewis and Jenson where they each had their own to try and help them win the race whereas the Merc strategy guy wants the best result for the team. They thought they would have pace in hand, I think Ferrari genuinely surprised them whatever the Mercedes management say.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well deserved win, would have been nice to throw kimi in the mix
RoyalMarine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hamilton and Mercedes domination is just not there. He should sign with Ferrari because the next season it will be a Ferrari championship not Mercedes. Even if he manages to win at the last race this year Mercedes are not confident with the new regulations.
And then...
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Watching the replay, Sundays are good.
RoyalMarine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loat)
There was a regulation update regarding fuel flows before this race. All of a sudden the Mercedes isn't quite so fast.

Going to be very exciting if we get to see Hamilton vs Vettel for the championship.
Todt is FIA president,he was at Ferrari for decades
Pads
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mercedes have never been good with strategy, Last year they had such a performance gap that it didnt matter so this season they need to buck their ideas up and get better as they dont have the same advantage.
RoyalMarine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ferrari would have retired if they were not competitive again,then Ecclestone made them catch the Mercedes.Hamilton should sign for Ferrari because they're going to replay the 2000s wins
RoyalMarine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by drewBusby)
Their competitor Shell sponsors Ferrari, so they will be a tad bit upset to be beaten on home turf.
Means they will not accept Hamilton's pay rise request so he should sign for Ferrari
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fantastic race & a brilliant victory for Seb. He's had a lot to answer to throughout his years in Formula 1; saying he can only win with a Newey car, he can't overtake, his World Titles aren't deserved. Well he's silenced those critics today. It was no doubt an error of Mercedes making (watching it on record I was surprised they pulled their cars in during the SC on lap 6)

Lewis was quite whiny himself today, he burned up his tyres forcing him to use the prime for his last stint which may have been his only chance to redeem the win. Rosberg was mostly anonymous & Kimi brilliantly, but quietly, came back to claim 4th, which you'd have to say is the best he could've hoped for.

After the dreadful race we were subjected to in Melbourne, Malaysia really redeemed F1 today.
RoyalMarine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Fantastic race & a brilliant victory for Seb. He's had a lot to answer to throughout his years in Formula 1; saying he can only win with a Newey car, he can't overtake, his World Titles aren't deserved. Well he's silenced those critics today. It was no doubt an error of Mercedes making (watching it on record I was surprised they pulled their cars in during the SC on lap 6)

Lewis was quite whiny himself today, he burned up his tyres forcing him to use the prime for his last stint which may have been his only chance to redeem the win. Rosberg was mostly anonymous & Kimi brilliantly, but quietly, came back to claim 4th, which you'd have to say is the best he could've hoped for.

After the dreadful race we were subjected to in Melbourne, Malaysia really redeemed F1 today.
I don't see how,the critics are the same. Ferrari has a fast car and his team mate is a retiring driver who was behind Alonso every time. To prove it's not the car you have to beat a fast team mate and the only year he had one he was beaten. If Lewis signs for Ferrari he will have the chance to prove his talent.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
didn't expect that race at all tbh.

Mercedes got it all wrong on tyres...Ferrari were surprisingly fast all weekend, wonder if that will be the same on races where tyres aren't as important?
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RoyalMarine)
I don't see how,the critics are the same. Ferrari has a fast car and his team mate is a retiring driver who was behind Alonso every time. To prove it's not the car you have to beat a fast team mate and the only year he had one he was beaten. If Lewis signs for Ferrari he will have the chance to prove his talent.
He's been the only one to get within spitting distance of the Mercedes in any session in both races so far. You can't dismiss this win just because Kimi is ageing...

In fact, please don't quote me anymore. You're one of those tinfoil hat wearing fans. You look for every single conspiracy theory possible & seem determined to dismiss the achievements of anyone who isn't Lewis Hamilton.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed