How much are you going to be revising during the Easter holiday? Watch

This discussion is closed.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it only me or notes seem to be a waste of time for science? Past papers are the most effective and most efficient imo... As long as you paid attention in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
JP0458B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Peaches and Cream)
Have you actually read any​ of this thread before asking that question? :lol:
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428444717.512298.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  35.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
JP0458B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
Is it only me or notes seem to be a waste of time for science? Past papers are the most effective and most efficient imo... As long as you paid attention in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you the guy that posted the history notes on interwar years last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Don Joiner)
Are you the guy that posted the history notes on interwar years last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I am lol
I said sciences in my previous comment though, history was the only one I did notes for

Posted from TSR Mobile
JP0458B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I am lol
I said sciences in my previous comment though, history was the only one I did notes for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that haha that was so helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for that haha that was so helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're welcome
That was the first and last time in a while that I made such notes, spending two weeks. I am glad it's being used after a year because I put some time in haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
iodo345
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doing approximately 4-5 hours per day including past papers. Is it still realistic to be aiming for aabb?
JP0458B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're welcome
That was the first and last time in a while that I made such notes, spending two weeks. I am glad it's being used after a year because I put some time in haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was your revision technique for history? Did you just read over those notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0balt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was your revision technique for history? Did you just read over those notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Making notes helped the most for history but obviously if you got it from me that's not happening :ahee:.
After I made it I read it and tried to remember key points. Also I think I included common 7 mark questions in paper 1 with bullet points to consider so you could elaborate on those and add more points if you think of any. A few of those questions did come up in my exam last summer so knowing what points to make helped me manage my time in the exam.

For question b and c listing facts won't gain you many marks so you have to remember to relate the facts to the question and what they mean
And same with every other subject but do lots of past papers and use the mark scheme. Last year someone was saying on TSR after the exam "thanks for reusing the question X from June 20XX" so they really do repeat questions every few years (but don't try to find pattern and make prediction because it doesn't work)
And in paper 4 there was one America question and exactly the same question (different wording obviously) came up in paper 1 last year so...They even repeat in the same year...lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
CharlieeB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, I was planning on doing around 4/5 hours a day but with the Easter bank holiday I slipped. Seeing friends, family and catching up on sleep took priority I'm going to try and cram loads in before I go back

Got 4 weeks after Easter anyway before exams so that should be enough time, would you guys agree?
thirdice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still 4 weeks left guys, hardcore revision can easily get you A's.
Sh4hid96
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
During the Easter holidays I've done around 5-6 hours per day. I usually stop around 6-7pm so I have the rest of night to myself and can do whatever I want. My first exam is on 23rd May which is a ch1 resit but all my A2 exams are in June. I feel like in these holidays, I'm trying to get a lot of revision done but at the same time, I'm taking a lot of time off as after Easter we won't have the same luxury!
shaun.m
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't done any and I wish I had but I think it's din me good having a break but I do have 10exams in the summer so il be feeling the pressure when I go back
cuppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel quite bad not revising right now, considering people who don't usually revise are working their asses off Rn. Feel like I've let go of myself
I've been squeezing out like 20 minutes a day of like glancing at notes. Just don't feel like revising tbh
amelimoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cuppa)
I feel quite bad not revising right now, considering people who don't usually revise are working their asses off Rn. Feel like I've let go of myself
I've been squeezing out like 20 minutes a day of like glancing at notes. Just don't feel like revising tbh
Yes! I feel you so much! I had so much hope for this holiday but I'm really struggling to find the energy and motivation to do any revision! I started last week doing like 5 hours a day and now I'm barely scraping 2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No idea how I got enough revision done last Easter with an extra subject and going away for a week, only just got onto past papers and I feel like im getting decent scores but feel like I was so much further ahead this time last year. Need to crush it this week and next now
subjunctivehistorian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
That sounds like an awesome plan for all the right reasons to me!

Why the heck not ay, I'm sure you'll do absolutely amazing there and love every moment of it wooo

I generally don't say that to everyone lol
Well, thanks. That's really nice of you. I really hope you manage to get the grades you need
scrawlx101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ugh feel like i messed up my plan...aimed to finish the unit 2s for psycho and economics by the 15th of april than focusing on past papers from then on but havent really touched them as their my most recent things and i had forgot alot of unit 1 stuff? Do you reckon i can do it in time? Just finished my unit 1 revision for economics and i still have a little bit left for unit 1 in psychology like 4 topics left.
riya2908
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you doing your AS levels this year?
Radk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ShonaM6920)
I prefer to sit on the beach rather than go in the water tbh
Fair enough
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
23.87%
No (236)
76.13%

Watched Threads