Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    I feel the same about them as none of them are judgmental towards me however, I do find it a bit annoying when they can't answer my questions about religion properly. Like how is it that a man can have four wives and how women MUST have sex with their husbands when he wants it etc. I'm very much a feminist so you could see why these sort of things bother me. Also, the virgins waiting for men in heaven?? wtf
    That's good to hear, to be fair I don't blame them for not being able to answer questions properly. The average Muslim doesn't know enough to answer things like that, but then again that's another thing I couldn't understand (and I'm a guy!). Women will have the crap end of the stick in 'heaven'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    That's good to hear, to be fair I don't blame them for not being able to answer questions properly. The average Muslim doesn't know enough to answer things like that, but then again that's another thing I couldn't understand (and I'm a guy!). Women will have the crap end of the stick in 'heaven'.
    Exactly! I just don't see how women could follow a religion that favours men?? Also, I hate the idea of living in fear of the afterlife or 'Judgement Day'.

ReputationRep:
    The book starts off with bio's of scholars, followed by topics which have Quran Ayah's/Hadeeth which have explanations under them in Hadeeth and commentary by scholars.
    Definition of Aqeedah is "Creed". Topics which fall under Aqeedah - Qadr, Tawheed, Bidah, Jihad, ect.

The book covers major Aqeedah issues such as Qadr , Tawheed, Bidah and rebelling against rulers ect. And obviously its going to have ayah of Quran and hadith to justify his opinion. Which Islamic book doesn't have hadith or Quran in it?

So, in short,

"The book has a bio of Bukhari, and explains his Aqeedah. It also explains the Aqeedah of other known scholars. And refutes the Aqeedah of other sects."

Do not be stupid, if you've read the entire thing, not just a Wikipedia paragraph on it, you would know that's the case.
    Qadariyah has been openly criticised in hadeeth in "The Creed of the Imaam of Hadeeth al Bukhari". Do some reading on it yourself.
    The oxymoron ..... Still waiting for that "hadeeth". Cause its not in this so called "hadith book" .

I can quote much more than I have done, because I have the book right now.
    Yeah anyone can http://www.missionislam.com/knowledg...eedBukhari.pdf

and I am denying Islam as being the correct religion for reasons which happen to include Qadr as being one of them, therefore differences in beliefs of sects within Islam are irrelevant. You can be as confused as you want, makes no difference to my life whatsoever.
    Oh thanks for reminding me ! Tawheed was another one right ? I would love to hear your reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    “Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation, as written in the Book of Decrees, al-Lauh al-Mahfooz)” alQamar (54):49".
    Do you have the book, or did you use the online version ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_2902)
    Exactly! I just don't see how women could follow a religion that favours men?? Also, I hate the idea of living in fear of the afterlife or 'Judgement Day'.
    You don't need to worry in that regard, Judgement Day doesn't exist and if an afterlife is real then any decent God will not torture you or punish you at all. If such a God existed then I'd prefer to burn in hell than live forever in his presence tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmad97h)
    The idea of pre-determination is not one that what you decide has already been decided and you have no free will of your own. Basically, God created us with free will and he is out of time and space; therefore, he can see the future so what is written is your own decisions in the future. God is in the future and the past and the present as he does not have boundaries of time and space. Hope this helps you understand
    I refer you to the many threads where it has been demonstrated that infallible prescience (Qadr) and free will are incompatible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    As you can see, Islam preaches religious freedom and tolerance and does not preach hate nor punishment..
    The denial is strong in this one.

The Quran is ambiguous and contradictory. It preaches both hate and tolerance, mercy and unjustified punishment, peace and war, equality and discrimination.

It is clear to any objective outsider. It is only the cognitive dissonant indoctrinated who can see only one side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    I haven't picked verses with no context. So no, it is not cherry picking.

As I said, those 6 lines are an entire chapter.

You tried though, it's the thought that counts
    Ah, but sura 109 was one of the earliest ones, written in Mecca during the time when Muhammad was avoiding confrontation. This would be abrogated by the later verses that instruct fighting until all religion is for Allah, detail the punishment for deisbelievers, etc. All of which come from the later, Medinan period when Muhammad's military power had been established.

Context, you see.

ReputationRep:
    Irrelevant question to this thread, but I haven't been here an awful while and it may seem rather stupid of me to ask...but why/how do threads get closed?

Yeah- A thread just got closed..I'm wondering whether its to do with the use of the word drugs lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Irrelevant question to this thread, but I haven't been here an awful while and it may seem rather stupid of me to ask...but why/how do threads get closed?

Yeah- A thread just got closed..I'm wondering whether its to do with the use of the word drugs lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Moderators close threads and they usually do so if the thread has descended into anarchy or doesn't have a real point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    Moderators close threads and they usually do so if the thread has descended into anarchy or doesn't have a real point.
    Oh right okay got it. That's funny, and who makes threads?- Anyone or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Badically, any thread i post in will suffer from at least one closure :yes::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husband material)
    Badically, any thread i post in will suffer from at least one closure :yes::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mhmmmm....

But now its open again. -People seem to be posting on it. Okay I dont understand how this all works but whatever lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Oh right okay got it. That's funny, and who makes threads?- Anyone or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, anyone.
    Okay, thanks for explaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it I don't need to have a religious belief to communicate with people who have a religious belief. We're still all human. I think there isn't enough attempt in the West to actually understand Islam, whether we agree with it or not.

For example, I'm confused what the difference is between God and Allah. Are they just different names for the same thing or is Allah a personification of God like Jesus etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronlowe)
    The way I see it I don't need to have a religious belief to communicate with people who have a religious belief. We're still all human. I think there isn't enough attempt in the West to actually understand Islam, whether we agree with it or not.

For example, I'm confused what the difference is between God and Allah. Are they just different names for the same thing or is Allah a personification of God like Jesus etc
    There is no difference.

Allah is the Arabic name for God.
    Christian Arabs for example may call God, Allah.

At least that's what I think, If I am wrong then I urge no one lashes out on my soul.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Allah and the Christian God are different. In Christianity God is formed of a Trinity, in Islam he isn't.

ReputationRep:
    It gets a little complicated because Muslims claim that the Christian god is actually the Islamic god (Allah) and that Christians just got a bit misguided. Christians do not consider the Islamic god to be that same as their god.
    Muslims think that Jesus was just a normal man - albeit a prophet who could perform miracles and ascended to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Allah and the Christian God are different. I'm Christianity God is formed of a Trinity, in Islam he isn't.
    I thought there is only one God. The only way I've every heard Gods being different is in Greek and Egyptian mythology.

By definition, afaik including every major religion and almost all others, God is everywhere and everything. Therefore there can only be one god. To have a god that's a subset of something else imho isn't very godly.

Taken a step further, if God is in everything then God must also be in my heart. That makes me the temple of heaven. If I want to visit God all I have to do is look within. By me, I don't mean just me. Subjectively I am the temple that God resides in - for me. Subjectively you are the temple that God resides in - for you.

Taken further still, we have "houses of God", churches and synagogues. I don't know about you but if I was in the house of God I wouldn't want to leave. But churches and synagogues close at the end of the day. Try sitting in there for 24 hours and they'd probably call the police. So, by any definition, churches and synagogues are not houses of God.

Breaking it down more, the only true house of God is your heart. When you feel bliss there then you will know how the angels dance. Until that day it's all just hot air and concepts based on he said she said. Monkey see monkey do.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.