ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to TSR

I'm applying for child's nursing at :

surrey
    Southampton
    Northumbria
    Anglia Ruskin
    Birmingham city

I sent my application in yesterday morning and have received interview offers for both surrey and Birmingham city already !
    They were both on the same day so have had to reschedule Birmingham city as Surrey is my first choice !

My interview for Surrey is November 3rd..... anyone else going or have any tips ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinmaria)
    Hi im new to TSR

I'm applying for child's nursing at :

surrey
    Southampton
    Northumbria
    Anglia Ruskin
    Birmingham city

I sent my application in yesterday morning and have received interview offers for both surrey and Birmingham city already !
    They were both on the same day so have had to reschedule Birmingham city as Surrey is my first choice !

My interview for Surrey is November 3rd..... anyone else going or have any tips ??
    Can't remember where I wrote this earlier but one I went to and all public sector health care jobs I've had are competency based, so it's good when answering questions to use examples of things you've done or use knowledge you have and show you know what you're talking about. Also coming across as confident and in control is good as it's a big part of the job. Be organised and try and get some practice in maybe thinking about what they may ask etc.
    Hope that helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    Can't remember where I wrote this earlier but one I went to and all public sector health care jobs I've had are competency based, so it's good when answering questions to use examples of things you've done or use knowledge you have and show you know what you're talking about. Also coming across as confident and in control is good as it's a big part of the job. Be organised and try and get some practice in maybe thinking about what they may ask etc.
    Hope that helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you so much im really scared especially as we don't hear till around march if we've been successful or not !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinmaria)
    thank you so much im really scared especially as we don't hear till around march if we've been successful or not !!
    Don't worry tbh I've had so many interviews and already working in a hospital and I'm still crapping it!! Just try have faith and let your passion show and hopefully that'll help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If there's anything you want to know about KCL, I can send me friend the thread link, as she's in year 2 there on adult x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that would be great as i would like to know when to start preparing for the maths and english exam and if they are relaxed about the entry requirement.
    thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Figroll97)
    that would be great as i would like to know when to start preparing for the maths and english exam and if they are relaxed about the entry requirement.
    thank you!!!
    In terms of how relaxed they are I'm not 100% but she didn't even apply for nursing, did for midwifery but got offered it instead x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    This sounds really good! Joining the army is something I've considered for after I graduate but I didn't know you could train on the job. I definitely think if I don't have any luck during this current UCAS cycle I'll look into it
    the army does look at your UCAS points, however they mainly look at your fitness and the type of person you are. UCAS points just make you look good in the army. as long as you have 270 minimum then you are all set. but its fitness, fitness, fitness to them!!
    I'm sure you'll do great. stay positive and don't give up just because of some paperwork - do as much volunteering as possible and gain points or if you are 16-18 years old apply to NCS, you gain experience, points and first aid. I done it and it was great.

kind regards
    Lorna Birch

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Mental Health Nursing
    Unis applying to: Manchester, Brighton, Essex, Salford
    Experience: I feel like I do have nearly enough experience. I currently work at River Island and I've been here for about 6 months, but I'm looking to leave and get a job somewhere that'll give me relevant work experience. I'm also looking at volunteering, could anyone recommend something to me?

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if anyone else applied on ucas opening day for submitions and gained interviews as I've heard nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misty66)
    Hi just wondering if anyone else applied on ucas opening day for submitions and gained interviews as I've heard nothing
    I sent my application off on the day UCAS opened. I have have had acknowledgements back from the 2 that I applied to (Bournemouth and Southampton) but nothing else. It already feels like I have been waiting ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by courtsirl)
    Branch: Mental Health Nursing
    Unis applying to: Manchester, Brighton, Essex, Salford
    Experience: I feel like I do have nearly enough experience. I currently work at River Island and I've been here for about 6 months, but I'm looking to leave and get a job somewhere that'll give me relevant work experience. I'm also looking at volunteering, could anyone recommend something to me?
    I'm applying for mh too. You'd probably find volunteer stuff thr the best with places like mind, rethink or more specific ones like b-eat. Or in a hospital/ day centre setting possible doing activities with people.
    I'm not sure how it works where you are but I'm on the hospital bank which is great experience cos you can ask to be placed in mh area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    I got an offer from KCL last year. Is there anything particular you'd like to know?
    when abouts did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my UCAS application but not yet submitted it. I've emailed my PS to my careers adviser who gave me good comments and feedback, I amended it accordingly and sent it back Tuesday hoping that I could hear back soon and send it off before half term.. no response, now it's half term >.<

When half term is over and I get a response from him, I can then send my application into UCAS around 3rd November. Does it go straight to UCAS? because my tutor needs to attach a reference so I am unsure how this works. Can anyone let me know about this process? it wasn't covered in our UCAS sessions in college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanodae)
    I've finished my UCAS application but not yet submitted it. I've emailed my PS to my careers adviser who gave me good comments and feedback, I amended it accordingly and sent it back Tuesday hoping that I could hear back soon and send it off before half term.. no response, now it's half term >.<

When half term is over and I get a response from him, I can then send my application into UCAS around 3rd November. Does it go straight to UCAS? because my tutor needs to attach a reference so I am unsure how this works. Can anyone let me know about this process? it wasn't covered in our UCAS sessions in college.
    Your tutor needs to add the reference before you can send it, it won't let you send it without one unless you tick to not have one (and don't do that!!)

ReputationRep:
    So,
    had my selection day and interview for Greenwich today. Fingers crossed, now is the waiting game. X

ReputationRep:
    Your tutor needs to add the reference before you can send it, it won't let you send it without one unless you tick to not have one (and don't do that!!)
    That's odd, I have the option to pay come up already and I can go through that stage as I had a curious look. I never ticked not having a reference since I have applied through college. So it looks like I can send it off so it either goes to UCAS or to the college somehow?

ReputationRep:
    That's odd, I have the option to pay come up already and I can go through that stage as I had a curious look. I never ticked not having a reference since I have applied through college. So it looks like I can send it off so it either goes to UCAS or to the college somehow?
    It's been a few years since I did it at college so it might be different. But I know atm my referee has to attach it before I send it.
    Might just be better to wait till you got back to college, got ages after all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 189
Size:  58.8 KB

If you're applying through school/college I think this is how it works...
    After you click pay/send, your application is sent to your referee who then has to approve it and add their reference bit, you'll just get to see this page, (in the photo). After that's happened, it's sent to your coordinator who then approves it and can send it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelD88)
    So,
    had my selection day and interview for Greenwich today. Fingers crossed, now is the waiting game. X
    Omg, how'd it go, you done it already.! What was the interview process like ? Do they do group interview, was it hard? Greenwich is one of my choices. Please help and thanks. Hope you get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonsonmars)
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 189
Size:  58.8 KB

If you're applying through school/college I think this is how it works...
    After you click pay/send, your application is sent to your referee who then has to approve it and add their reference bit, you'll just get to see this page, (in the photo). After that's happened, it's sent to your coordinator who then approves it and can send it off
    Thank you very much, that was helpful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.