Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AunAb)
    Agreed. I also think that getting rejected after such a hassle of refining your personal statement would be a kick to the stomach. Any other offers you plan on taking up instead of this?
    I will probably firm King's ( political economy) and insurance Bristol (economics and politics), which is not really an insurance, cause they need the same grades. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Did u guys who got offered Social sciences get the stream email???

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know, if all of the students who got rejected have a chance to apply for social sciences?
    And also, for those who are applying, are you writing the new personal statement or just changing the one that you used for PPE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPE at Uni)
    The stream email gives choices within the PPE program. Saying that, it does not guarantee you will not be rejected. Will let you know if the stream letter leads to a rejection or if it leads to an offer on another course. So far nothing has changed on portal.
    Thanks! cuz i got the email but have no idea weather will get rejected or the offer,
    lets hope for the best

What did u choose? I chose Phil QM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Sally1)
    Do you guys know, if all of the students who got rejected have a chance to apply for social sciences?
    And also, for those who are applying, are you writing the new personal statement or just changing the one that you used for PPE?
    I have revised my statement, changed bits, added bits. But it's about 70% the same.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here who's applied to Sussex for PPE? I went to an offer holder's event and I had a rather terrible aftertaste following that... but it would be great to hear others' opinions.

Or if not, what do you other peeps think of Sussex and its inter/national prestige when it comes to the three subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from UCL today (one day after they emailed me back that they received my stream choice) and I am ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPE at Uni)
    So the stream letter did lead to an offer for me - very exciting. I chose Economics stream. Good luck to those still waiting.
    Congrats!! so Happy for u
    Hopefully i'll get mine soon.

ReputationRep:
    York or manchester uni ?

ReputationRep:
    UCL or Warwick PPE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to firm UCL who want A*AA (with the A* in maths) then my other 2 offers are Uni of Nottingham (A*AA - any subjects) and Lancaster (AAB).

Is it worth making Nottingham my insurance as if i miss out on UCL because of the A* in maths there's still a chance ill get the grades for Nottingham. Or would you lot say play it safe with Lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone here advise me to choose York over Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have got offers for PPE from King's, Warwick and UCL.
    I have reduced the spectrum of my choice to these last two. According to you, ceteris paribus, which Uni would give me the best shot for a Master's degree in a great institution (LSE / Oxbridge in the UK, Stanford / Princeton in the US)?

The Warwick course seems better organised and I like the options there (Year abroad) while UCL has a more important international prestige but looks way more rigid in its teaching.

ReputationRep:
    UCL for Philosophy or Manchester for PPE, which is a better insurance? Though I think UCL has more prestige, I think I'll still struggle to start off a career with a pure philosophy degree. Any opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxlik)
    UCL for Philosophy or Manchester for PPE, which is a better insurance? Though I think UCL has more prestige, I think I'll still struggle to start off a career with a pure philosophy degree. Any opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    careerwise I'd go for Manchester.
    I've been to the PPE open day and one of the professors I talked to said that they have a lot of experience when it comes to careers in PPE. I think they've had the course for some time now (dont know how long though) and so they kind of know where you can work etc. I think, they have something called 'golg programme' where you can take part in and where you can make internships with someone who did you degree which I think is quite good.

I don't really know what you can do with a pure philosophy degree.. but your choice would depend on what you want to do afterwards I'd say..

good luck with your decision

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear back from UCL PPE, good or bad sign do you reckon?(!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Hello PPE-ers

You might have noticed that your thread has moved. PPE has been homeless on TSR for a long time but the powers that be have finally been persuaded to create an official "home" forum.

This basically means that the Econ forum has been renamed to Economics and PPE university courses

The "Useful resources" box on the right is still very economics focused so if you know of any useful articles or threads that should be highlighted (or fancy creating one!) then let me know and I'll badger the CT into making the changes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    UCL or Warwick PPE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So which is it???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is going to firm UCL over Warwick ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PPE at Durham vs Economics at LSE?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.