Turn on thread page Beta

is anyone here not attracted to white girls/guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl63)
    In the case of tightly knitted ethnic communities, like Indians, they can't marry outside their race because they would be shamed/disowned etc etc So even if they don't like it, they don't have too much of a choice, most of the time.

In the case of black men, if 50% date outside their race and 50% date inside their race - why is that a problem? Surely that's pretty standard that you get half of each and it's not so skewed? Also, I have a number of black friends, and the reason they don't date black women is because they are just so much more of a handful than any other race. They feel entitled, act like divas, very confrontational etc etc. They date outside their race, just because it's easier. And that doesn't necessarily mean white girls are more desirable - the other 50% could be pointing more towards latina girls or mixed girls.

That is just an excuse to date out.Why cant they simply say that I haven't met a black girl that has captured my love interests yet?
    How is it just simply easier to date a white woman?
    Another example on why I think interracial dating can be more negative then positive in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    See i ask for your race as only a white person has that type of response
    What race are you?

ReputationRep:
    All about that ghetto ass. Not diggin this rock chick/indie hippie vibe a lot of the white babes are giving out, nor their odour of sour milk. Smoothness and attitude every time fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    That is just an excuse to date out.Why cant they simply say that I haven't met a black girl that has captured my love interests yet?
    How is it just simply easier to date a white woman?
    Another example on why I think interracial dating can be more negative then positive in the long run.
    Obviously they are saying they haven't met a black girl that has captured their love interest - they are saying that loud and clear by dating outside their race. You can't expect them to be single, have no love, happiness, sex, because they are waiting on their own race.

I didnt say it was easier to date a white woman, I said it's easier to date outside their race because they are less entitled, less confrontational, less likely to snap at them, click their fingers, clap in their face and be ghetto, like a number of black girls are. In my experience the only black girls who haven't been like this, are those who are very religious, potentially another turn off for black men, giving them another reason to go towards the white girls. However, I'd like to ask you, from dating the white girls, I'm curious as to the proportion who actually settle down with them in the long term.

The whole world is mixing, and that's the future, whether it's a good or bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously they are saying they haven't met a black girl that has captured their love interest - they are saying that loud and clear by dating outside their race. You can't expect them to be single, have no love, happiness, sex, because they are waiting on their own race.

I didnt say it was easier to date a white woman, I said it's easier to date outside their race because they are less entitled, less confrontational, less likely to snap at them, click their fingers, clap in their face and be ghetto, like a number of black girls are. In my experience the only black girls who haven't been like this, are those who are very religious, potentially another turn off for black men, giving them another reason to go towards the white girls. However, I'd like to ask you, from dating the white girls, I'm curious as to the proportion who actually settle down with them in the long term.

The whole world is mixing, and that's the future, whether it's a good or bad thing.

Quite a number of red flags in your posts, but I shall remain to be civil.But they tend to mature and learn how to be a respectful woman.I do not like in how you have just pinned such negatives on just black girls, when quite frankly it just boils down to individual personality and social dynamics.

And that is the question to be asked as quite a number of bm/ww pairings tend to not last for valid reasons, as the majority of black men are meant to be with black women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okay PM me)
    What race are you?
    :eek:
    aren't you middle eastern

ReputationRep:
    In the case of tightly knitted ethnic communities, like Indians, they can't marry outside their race because they would be shamed/disowned etc etc So even if they don't like it, they don't have too much of a choice, most of the time.

In the case of black men, if 50% date outside their race and 50% date inside their race - why is that a problem? Surely that's pretty standard that you get half of each and it's not so skewed? Also, I have a number of black friends, and the reason they don't date black women is because they are just so much more of a handful than any other race. They feel entitled, act like divas, very confrontational etc etc. They date outside their race, just because it's easier. And that doesn't necessarily mean white girls are more desirable - the other 50% could be pointing more towards latina girls or mixed girls.
    i bet you arent black as any black person knows what is really the deal about what white girls are like vs black girls. That is why divorce rates are highest amongst black men and white women

ReputationRep:

the stereotypes are disgusting and what is worst is that you most likely aren't black. black girls are part of the 2nd largest race in the world and you haven't met them all and you say that. white girls are less entitled my fam and i had a good chuckle over that

ReputationRep:
    the stereotypes are disgusting and what is worst is that you most likely aren't black. black girls are part of the 2nd largest race in the world and you haven't met them all and you say that. white girls are less entitled my fam and i had a good chuckle over that

I'm not even going to bother to attack your points any longer because in all honesty, I just can't be bothered. But I will say this:

You say the stereotypes are disgusting, and while I agree that the above statements made can't be generalised (obviously), I find it disgusting that you are against interracial relationships for reasons that can't be applied to all interracial relationships in the first place.

How can you sit there and criticise her for her statements, yet make nasty assumptions about interracial couples in London based on "just being able to tell?" And say you protest against interracial relationships (which suggests you find a particular race/races inferior if you don't want them mixing with another?) Why say those things without solid proof for what you're saying other than, "you can just tell," or speculation? Like she said: yes, those black men may well date outside of their own race, but you've automatically assumed that 100% of those black men have leaned towards caucasians, providing the basis of your argument for 'race fetishes' and race idealisation. Criticse her for generalisations/ stereotypes why don't you.

ReputationRep:
    May also ask where do you live and who is white in your family
    You may. I live in the UK. My father is black, my mother is white, as is my half-brother. My other siblings are mixed race. I have studied sociology in great depth, looking at the norms and values of subcultures -- which have been applied to all areas of the world. The ideas I have mentioned on the black community/ norms and values have also been speculated upon and agreed with by African-American adult individuals.

ReputationRep:
    And that is the question to be asked as quite a number of bm/ww pairings tend to not last for valid reasons, as the majority of black men are meant to be with black women.
    Also, no one is "meant" to be with anyone in regards to race. People can choose. What are you, a supremicist? If you're a black individual you should be celebrating your race in terms of pride and of having freedom
    (As should every other race!!!). Be proud -- but DON'T start trying to put constraints on free will. We all know that's a catastophe waiting to happen for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia_x)
    I'm not even going to bother to attack your points any longer because in all honesty, I just can't be bothered. But I will say this:

You say the stereotypes are disgusting, and while I agree that the above statements made can't be generalised (obviously), I find it disgusting that you are against interracial relationships for reasons that can't be applied to all interracial relationships in the first place.

How can you sit there and criticise her for her statements, yet make nasty assumptions about interracial couples in London based on "just being able to tell?" And say you protest against interracial relationships (which suggests you find a particular race/races inferior if you don't want them mixing with another?) Why say those things without solid proof for what you're saying other than, "you can just tell," or speculation? Like she said: yes, those black men may well date outside of their own race, but you've automatically assumed that 100% of those black men have leaned towards caucasians, providing the basis of your argument for 'race fetishes' and race idealisation. Criticse her for generalisations/ stereotypes why don't you.

I do not find any group of people to be inferior or superior.But understand the deeper dynamics that can inflict between interracial relationships, as I a black male, could not settle down with a white woman as i would not like to cross into such sensitive dynamics.
    A white woman would never be able to understand certain issues that could affect me in society.

ReputationRep:
    Also, no one is "meant" to be with anyone in regards to race. People can choose. What are you, a supremicist? If you're a black individual you should be celebrating your race in terms of pride and of having freedom

(As should every other race!!!). Be proud -- but DON'T start trying to put constraints on free will. We all know that's a catastophe waiting to happen for anyone.

Naturally the majority of people are meant to stick with their own, and such dynamics cannot be changed.And I am not a supremacist nor do I have extremist views towards race, nor do I hate any other race.I do my race proud,by being with a black woman and maybe having a black legacy.I mean I could date a person of another race but I could not settle down with them.And I am sorry if it sounds harsh but you will find more people who share my views towards interracial couples.

ReputationRep:
    I do not find any group of people to be inferior or superior.But understand the deeper dynamics that can inflict between interracial relationships, as I a black male, could not settle down with a white woman as i would not like to cross into such sensitive dynamics.
    A white woman would never be able to understand certain issues that could affect me in society.
    I do not for a second think that for all interracical couples it will be daffodils and rainbows, I am not that ignorant or stupid. Nor have I ever said that all interracial couples will have it easy/find it easy to face prejudices in terms of race, at any point.

What I have said is that for a lot of interracial couples these problems/dynamics may not always be faced. For this reason it is unfair of you to object to interracial relationships as a whole. I am aware that many others will share your view (which I think is sad).

White women are not blind or stupid, and although they might not be able to fully empathise (although racism isn't always just towards one race, so some very well might depending on their own experiences and where they grew up), I assure you, it doesn't mean that they will lack understanding or compassion -- my mother is one of these individuals. She is not ignorant; very much the opposite and has faced difficulties of her own (yes, for a white female this *is* possible). She has a lot of compassion and detests racism. As well as many white individuals that I know of.

What do you think segregation in terms of relationship and reproducing will cause?

Segregation leads to ignorance from other races; increasing the risk of racism. To separate yourselves in that way solves nothing. Ignorance one has of a race, (which could be caused by non-mixed reproducing) causes fear, which can cause hate and later, racism. This is because if you have less of a connection to individuals of a particular race, you may become ignorant of their lifestyle/culture, if it is harder for you to connect with that race by removing options for connections e.g. relationships -- hence the start of the vicious cycle.

During certain slave/oppression periods (e.g in America, but also in a lot of other countries/points in time no doubt) and for the years to come after such times, segregation was most likely prevalent.

What good did it do? None.

It made others feel as if they were more able to be racist because they kept their distance from the oppressed race, and they were less able to see the oppressed race as equals if they knew nothing of them/knew none of them personally or had no connection with them, or didn't reproduce with those individuals and get to know them intimately in that way. I think only breeding within your own race will eventually bring back those mindsets because people will feel as though races are meant to be separate, which could lead to oppression. Some extremist would be bound to start this off at some point.

Your views will solve nothing. We need to mix in this way as a step to break racial barriers; not reinforce them, and to let everyone know that they are equal and people are people -- regardless of race. Keeping within your own race will send the wrong signals to all.

ReputationRep:

no i am not against them I just want to know why so many non whites want to interracial relationship

ReputationRep:
    no i am not against them I just want to know why so many non whites want to interracial relationship
    That quote you quoted from me wasn't directed towards you. Also, it isn't just non whites who want interracial relationships but hey ho. I suppose your question is fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    I find some white guys attractive but I have a really obsessive thing for half white/half asian guys and they never feel the same way because I apparently always look like their sister

ReputationRep:
    That quote you quoted from me wasn't directed towards you. Also, it isn't just non whites who want interracial relationships but hey ho. I suppose your question is fair enough.

As people we can function within the community to build are society for the better good of are children, but we do not need to intermix and produce children, whilst thinking we can just end the historic and present problems that breeds ignorance.We do not fix such problems by marrying a person of another race, as it is much deeper.There is two sides to interracial dating,mixing and one of the those sides has a layer of ignorance and negativity.I would discourage any person of my race from dating out.

ReputationRep:
    As people we can function within the community to build are society for the better good of are children, but we do not need to intermix and produce children, whilst thinking we can just end the historic and present problems that breeds ignorance.We do not fix such problems by marrying a person of another race, as it is much deeper.There is two sides to interracial dating,mixing and one of the those sides has a layer of ignorance and negativity.I would discourage any person of my race from dating out.
    Of course it is much deeper! I never said that intermixing is the *only* way to solve problems, nor should it be done solely for this reason (or even as a majoring factor, in all honesty). I don't think people should have a mindset of: "interracial relationships will solve all racial problems/ignorance." The point I was trying to make (and possibly failed at doing,) was that interracial relationships/reproduction from these relationships is beneficial for this reason and CAN break down barriers that could be put up if all races keep to themselves. It helps people become united so interracial relationships aren't a bad thing *for this reason.*

I'm really curious. If you say all races are equal then why do you not allow races to mix together in your view? The fact that you protest against it really does suggest you have a problem with other races. Forget the whole "racial preference" thing and consequently the whole "race fetish" thing. Can a white woman (with no racial preference) not have children with a black man? Is she not worthy?

I'm very curious.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really curious. If you say all races are equal then why do you not allow races to mix together in your view? The fact that you protest against it really does suggest you have a problem with other races. Forget the whole "racial preference" thing and consequently the whole "race fetish" thing. Can a white woman (with no racial preference) not have children with a black man? Is she not worthy?

I'm very curious.

It is not about being worthy, as I couldn't even translate that into a sensible response, but I do have the right in wanting to be protective of my people.I only care when it is of people of my race who are intermixing.

It really depends, but in most cases,I would be against it, as the majority of white women are not capable of raising a biracial child without inflicting a level of self hated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.