Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I got an offer for a place at Angel Lane, which is really far from the Strand Campus. I would like to ask how easy it is to cancel the accommodation offer. I am thinking about accepting the offer first as an insurance in case I cannot find a closer place. On KCL FAQ page, it is said that I will not be charged if I cancel by 2 Sep 2016, but it does not say how to cancel. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eak129)
    Hi. I got an offer for a place at Angel Lane, which is really far from the Strand Campus. I would like to ask how easy it is to cancel the accommodation offer. I am thinking about accepting the offer first as an insurance in case I cannot find a closer place. On KCL FAQ page, it is said that I will not be charged if I cancel by 2 Sep 2016, but it does not say how to cancel. Thanks.
    there should be a cancel option/ button after you have accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianboyy)
    there should be a cancel option/ button after you have accepted
    Thank you. So I can simply press "cancel", right? No need to explain or anything?

ReputationRep:
    I have an ensuite at Champion Hill and am looking to swap for ANYTHING closer to guys campus and non-ensuite. Wolfson house would be my absolute preference, please please pm me if you can help x

ReputationRep:
    I've still got an ensuite Angel Lane, willing to switch with either Julian Markham, Moonraker Point, or even Westminster Bridge. Really would like to stay somewhere closer to The Strand

I'm a PG btw, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark5155)
    Hi all!
    I've got an offer for Champion Hill standard en-suite (£192/week). I would love to swap it for Angel Lane, Great Dover Street Apartments, Stamford Street Apartments or Stratford One. If anyone would like to swap leave a reply or drop a private message . Thanks.
    Hi are you still looking to swap? I am looking for Champion Hill ensuite and have Angel Lane ensuite currently. Let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know what Wolfson House is like - is it good/bad, what are the rooms like? Also are there places to put TVs in your room if you wanted to bring one? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one really happy with my offer for an Angel Lane ensuite? Maybe it's because I'm an EU student (from the Netherlands) and a 20 minute commute would be quite a blessing over here...

ReputationRep:
    tbh I think a 20 mins /even 30 mins journey to school is absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for an accommodation offer. Are all of those who have been offered accommodation 1st year undergrads, or international postgrads? Wondering if they get offered first since they are guaranteed accommodation, and then other students. I'm a new EU postgrad. Really hope I get an offer soon, starting to worry as it seems a lot have been offered Champion Hill and that's the only residence I want!
    Can anyone explain the room swap policy? I don't really understand it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallagherorla)
    I'm still waiting for an accommodation offer. Are all of those who have been offered accommodation 1st year undergrads, or international postgrads? Wondering if they get offered first since they are guaranteed accommodation, and then other students. I'm a new EU postgrad. Really hope I get an offer soon, starting to worry as it seems a lot have been offered Champion Hill and that's the only residence I want!
    Can anyone explain the room swap policy? I don't really understand it!
    i am an international postgrads
    why not consider other student halls in London, there are plenty that still have spaces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianboyy)
    i am an international postgrads
    why not consider other student halls in London, there are plenty that still have spaces
    I'm keeping an eye on others, but would prefer Champion Hill as it's closest to my campus and there aren't many other student halls close by!

ReputationRep:
    I got Champion Hill

I heard that the rooms at Champion Hill is quite nice (compared to other residences), but the only problem is that CH is too far away from Strand (where most of my classes will take place)

I found that apart from taking bicycle, taking Thameslink from Denmark Hill station to Blackfriars and then walking to Strand campus would also be an option for a couch potato like me

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got an offer a while ago, Moonraker? I'm seeing people talking about swapping? Is that possible. I thought the accommodation offer was final? I mean I would love to swap for something a bit less expensive and closer to campus since I'm doing medicine. Can anyone fill me in?

ReputationRep:
    Which would be more expensive, living at catered Intercollegiate Halls or at a cheaper residence but having to buy my meals?

ReputationRep:
    I have a stamford street ensuite, and I would like to swap with someone in moonraker

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for single ensuite at College Hall, and am looking for a single non-ensuite at College Hall. Anyone interested for a swap?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I am also in your predicament. It's quite frustrating. I have been unable to find someone to swap rooms with me

ReputationRep:
    Hello, bit of a random question but does anyone know if the ensuite rooms in Stamford Street are still yellow painted as pictured on the website??

ReputationRep:
    Hello, guys.

I accepted my accommodation offer at Stratford One a while ago. Later I received an email about confirming my place and information about the Instalment dates, residence period and total fees. However, some of my friends which are accepted in different dorms(and universities) told me that they needed to send a deposit to their new accommodation in order to confirm their places there.
    I have not received any messages with such info and got a bit worried if perhaps I did not successfully receive that email. So I decided to ask you guys if anyone who is well-informed specifically about Stratford One that could help me, please?

// P.S. Oh and one more odd question. I would like to know about the bathrooms in Stratford One because I didn't find the information I need. Does the Ensuite room have its' own bathroom or is it a shared bathroom (only one per floor for everyone).

Thanks in advance!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.