Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Leeds. Ah well, things happen for a reason!!!

Just because it may appear to be bad it may not be. Chin up and look to the future.

(Original post by ciupi97)
    I am so upset right now...got rejection (
    Can anyone pm or just reply here what I can do to still get into Leeds?
    Or if nobody knows should I also call Leeds to ask them?
    Thanks in advance
    Really sorry, I know how it feels entirely. I don't think it is possible to get into Leeds this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biodentist)
    im heartbroken too.. i nearly just made the offer.
    how many people were made offers out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    I am so upset right now...got rejection (
    Can anyone pm or just reply here what I can do to still get into Leeds?
    Or if nobody knows should I also call Leeds to ask them?
    Thanks in advance
    Are you asking about what you could do to get into Leeds this year? For 2016 entry?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many offers were given out? What was the rank out of ? I know if you weren't given an offer you were given a rank?

ReputationRep:
    They gave 115 offers out and I was 132nd in the ranking so I wasn't close at all but is there any point ringing them on results day or am I too far on the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they have a waiting list? I have withdrawn my application (on Tuesday) and I got an offer email today, I'm assuming as they can't give me an offer they'll give one to someone else? I really hope someone else gets my offer instead, especially if that person has no other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fangbandit)
    Does anyone know if they have a waiting list? I have withdrawn my application (on Tuesday) and I got an offer email today, I'm assuming as they can't give me an offer they'll give one to someone else? I really hope someone else gets my offer instead, especially if that person has no other offers.
    That's so sweet of you to say wow! But why did you withdraw the application if I may ask..that's so sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrRumms)
    Are you asking about what you could do to get into Leeds this year? For 2016 entry?
    No as I know it's not possible at all, what I am asking is how can I reapply so like what are my options. I know that I could potentially do a 3 year health-related course like biochemistry, and then apply as a graduate, but I really don't want to do that

ReputationRep:
    To the people that got an offer, please can you reply here or PM me as to how you went about the empathy station and the ethics station. Would be much appreciated as I got rejected and im looking to reapply so I need some guidance. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    That's so sweet of you to say wow! But why did you withdraw the application if I may ask..that's so sad
    I've firmed my Newcastle offer, I'm from Newcastle and it was my favourite Dental School so it just made sense to withdraw from Leeds as I knew I'd pick Newcastle anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fangbandit)
    I've firmed my Newcastle offer, I'm from Newcastle and it was my favourite Dental School so it just made sense to withdraw from Leeds as I knew I'd pick Newcastle anyway
    Ah okay I understand now, well done anyways

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, best of luck with your application.
    Ah okay I understand now, well done anyways

ReputationRep:
    How many people are thinking of firming/ insuring leeds university?

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about doing dentistry abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer However was wondering if anyone knows how to find out where you are placed in the ranking list? and how many people received offers,Good luck too everyone who got offers and good luck to everyone else who didn't get an offer and hope you get into another university

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarahN)
    I've firmed already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hii that's great!
    I think im going to firm as well as leeds was by far my most favourite dental school. But i was just wondering, What date was your interview? have you signed up for student finance yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asomani)
    Got an offer However was wondering if anyone knows how to find out where you are placed in the ranking list? and how many people received offers,Good luck too everyone who got offers and good luck to everyone else who didn't get an offer and hope you get into another university
    Yeah could someone also tell me how to find out what i ranked in the MMIs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    Hii that's great!
    I think im going to firm as well as leeds was by far my most favourite dental school. But i was just wondering, What date was your interview? have you signed up for student finance yet?
    Mine was 15th, when was yours? and I haven't but I'm a Grad it won't take long for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarahN)
    Mine was 15th, when was yours? and I haven't but I'm a Grad it won't take long for me
    Ahh okay that's cool! and mine was on the 17th

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.