Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I thought it was not bad, but there were literally almost no normal questions, like define this, why this. All questions seem to have a twist, lost most marks on that flipping alphabet question, but other questions was all good. I think I'm above the A threshold.

But man if I had gotten that question I would be flying right now.
    alphabet question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph-carys)
    How did you folks draw the KE/EPE graph? Differences of opinion at school
    struggling to remember, but I think i did basically the opposite curve to the epe one, crossing the epe one at 40, with a max of 50

I got the same as you for the phase diff one too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlistairMcDonald)
    why 5pi/4? I think I put 7pi/4 (
    I got that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopstano)
    How?
    Combine gravitational force and centripetal force equations.
    M1's cancel out and leaves you with M2 alone, therefore you can generate an equation.
    For some reason my LaTeX is messing up today sorry

ReputationRep:
    the number of silly mistakes i made is shocking, not to mention i probs wont get any 1 mark for the binary star question, what did people get for the first couple questions to do with the velocities of the ball, i remember getting something like 33 before it makes contact with the ground, then 20 after it bounces?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thephysio)
    For assumptions, what about no energy being used to heat the glass tube and the air inside of it? Not sure if that would get a mark :/
    I put that too to be safe

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see this paper... Are we gonna have to wait until next year still? or will we see it sooner due to it being the last year?

edit: nvm.. forgot about resits

ReputationRep:
    Guys wt did u get for the included questions in sketching KE graph. I dun rmb wt questions were there so that cannot compare

ReputationRep:
    how do you calculate s2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexeiLipov)
    The floor's reaction force upwards has to counteract the weight of the man down and the force of the hose pushing him down to keep him in equilibrium, so the reaction force has to be equal to both the weight and the vertical component of the hose pushing the man down. That's what I made of it anyways
    Oh okay, lost 2 marks then. Brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I got 1.03 * 10^33 for the mass of s2, you can equate the centripetal force formula to the gravitational force formula you wrote in part (i) and S1 = 3S2, solve to get S2

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else feel like that paper was literal cancer? I actually think ive got a tumor because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get 2.5 X 10^28 for S2? I written that the gravitational force on one of the planets was equal to the centripetal force?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Fair to hard paper imo, more difficult than previous years. The binary star first page threw me as did the fireman's hose. For the latter everyone seems to be getting 1070 but that is from adding (8.25 x 25 x sin 55) and 92g, I thought it was 92g - (8.25 x 25 x sin 55)?
    I did that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howshotmyexamis)
    Guys wt did u get for the included questions in sketching KE graph. I dun rmb wt questions were there so that cannot compare
    Loved that Q. As Lowest EPE is 30, max KE is 50 (as EPE max is 80 at amplitude where v/KE = 0)

ReputationRep:
    Does someone want to put together an unofficial MS?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with realistic predictions on the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F321)
    I did that too
    Apparently it's wrong

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone link me an unofficial mark scheme? Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Ok so ita probably not that helpful, I have the numerical answers I got.
    0.61 m
    1072 N
    5pi/4
    0.666 (Hz or s)
    Masses 1.2 and 3.6 X 10^whatsits
    Mass of star : 6.41 X 10^31 kg
    1.03x10^33 (can't remember the question haha)
    130.8 (shc)
    11300mol

Hoping that 90UMS is around 55. Paper 5 is horrific.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.