Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Most universities accept a maximum of 2 guests.
    Yup thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello278910)
    Is the town rough? Is there much to do? And is nightlife good?
    The bit outside the hospital is very rough, I'd highly recommend not walking through there particularly if you're Jewish(the area is a Muslim neighbourhood), Oxford street should also be avoided after dark.

If you are going to the Madjeski Stadium for some reason such as a sports game or rock concert, it might be worth noting that the stadium is no where near the train station(I highly doubt you'd want to go there anyway)

We do have decent nightlife in the shopping centre otherwise known as the Oracle. Nightlife in Reading isn't particularly great but the train station can take you directly to London if you're that desperate for a different kind of nightlife. Yeh Reading doesn't have that much to offer but make use of the excellent and most important railway system in the country!

So yeah other than the football/rugby teams and the shopping centre Reading isn't exactly a place a tourist would die to visit. Day trips to neighbouring cities will keep you interested(these include Oxford, London etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radiohead97)
    Haven't seen a thread for the 2016 round. What's everyone applying for?

I'm going in for English Lit and Film, hoping to send my application off by the end of the month!
    I applied for film, how long did it take them to give you their decision? Have you gotten an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Has anyone applied for food science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joycewauty)
    I applied for film, how long did it take them to give you their decision? Have you gotten an offer?
    My referee took ages, so I haven't heard back yet. I only sent my application on December 28th, but universities were on holiday too. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    My referee took ages, so I haven't heard back yet. I only sent my application on December 28th, but universities were on holiday too. When did you apply?
    Good luck! I applied today

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thinking of going to any of the applicant days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katethegreat98)
    Yep, probably on 5/03

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got my offer for film over a month ago, have you heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just received a conditional from them (ABB) for biomedical science! Deferring until 2017 though, but still so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slmnds)
    anyone applied for Business?
    Got an unconditional for business and management from Reading about a month ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esther123)
    Hey,
    Has anyone applied for food science?
    I applied to nutrition and dietetics and had an interview back in December. My offer came through for ABB a few days after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleHairTroll)
    Not sure if you were specifically asking me, but I haven't heard back yet for English and film will Reading be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fwill98)
    Got an unconditional for business and management from Reading about a month ago
    I got an unconditional for international management and spanish, are you going to firm ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by katethegreat98)
    Hi,

If you've been invited to an applicant day, I would recommend going, if it is possible. I found the day really useful and made me feel sure I was making the right choice. Before I made my final decision to put Reading as my firm I visited 3 times (school visit, open day and applicant day). Prior to the applicant day I was sure Reading was my favourite, but I just wanted to make sure as it had been a long time since open day (clearly I was sure as its where I am) . But it was also a really good opportunity to talk to staff and other students. It is more tailored for your course than a normal day so they can be really helpful.

Hope this has helped and feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geographer

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Biological Sciences with Industrial Experience, received an email yesterday telling me they've decided to recommend that I am offered a place. Sounds like the decision hasn't been finalised yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you were specifically asking me, but I haven't heard back yet for English and film will Reading be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!!
    Sorry I'm new to this but yeah I was trying to reply to you😅
    I'm very undecided, recently I've been interested in a year abroad but Reading can only offer a term away would you put Reading as your firm? I haven't seen any other uni yet so I'm not sure how to compare it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've applied for film too! Did you have to go to an interview day or did you just get a straight offer? Mine is on Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleHairTroll)
    Hey! I've applied for film too! Did you have to go to an interview day or did you just get a straight offer? Mine is on Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmh98)
    I had to go for an interview, there's a talk at the beginning and then they put you in groups for the workshop, the only thing is you don't get to have a look around the building which is a shame. Is Reading your first choice? Good luck for Wednesday!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.