Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2015/16 Rugby (Union) Season Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    I have actually quite enjoyed the ITV rugby commentary with Shane Williams (although the main English bloke does some times toot his horns a bit too much). Even at half time the panel that they have, for the most part, seem to be pretty decent.

Regarding players rolling away, the whole idea is that they shouldn't be in that position in the first place, although i would say that the rule itself is incredibly vague and seems to be up to the referees discretion.

Wales were poor though, i just hope they aren't that bad when i go watch them next week against Italy.
    Williams is ok, really don't like the English bloke. Yeah,thought Clive Woodward was on the money quite a few times today. Not that fussed on Gareth Thomas, though.
    Sometimes though you can't help where you land, and if you have a 120kg forward straight on top of you, you don't really have anywhere to go.

(Original post by Astrtricks)
    Most of the time though the player isn't actually impending access to the ball which i find most frustrating and in weekend amateur rugby a referee would rarely peanalise that kind of infringement. You see forwards all the time coming into a ruck looking to trap a tackler and then appearing to struggle to get the ball which is more accessible than it seems, in order to attract a penalty.

2 weeks ago the BBC commentary was equally dire, if not worst, Davies was especially annoying and the fat english prop they have just seemed to moan all the time about the referee rather than actually commentating.
    I'm an Eddie Buttler fan, and don't mind JD. Brian Moore is very often irritating, but can't argue with his knowledge of the scrum, which is a big part of the game.

BBC also Gabby Logan whom I like for reasons beside rugby knowledge and presenting skills.

(Original post by Mackay)
    Wales by 5, and Leicester by 7.
    So we did it come on England lol!
    How did Leicester do? I didn't check!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    So we did it come on England lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    36-24 to wasps
    Hard to believe Wasps are actually doing really well!
    Mind you, I played for there academy which was somewhat vigorous and strict !

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Chez231)
    36-24 to wasps
    Hard to believe Wasps are actually doing really well!
    Mind you, I played for there academy which was somewhat vigorous and strict !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done Wasps. Do you still play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasps out played us in every department throughout the game (apart from the 10 min spell when Goperth went off for a blood injury), and they were on fire, whilst we were a bit off.

I don't know why but for some reason, I have a feeling that Tigers will be going back to the Richo for a semi final

Saracens up next at Welford road on Sunday, what do you reckon Saracen's Fez

ReputationRep:
    Well done Wasps. Do you still play?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not for them , just gonna start uni rugby this September and hope for some more trails

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by matt1306)
    Wasps out played us in every department throughout the game (apart from the 10 min spell when Goperth went off for a blood injury), and they were on fire, whilst we were a bit off.

I don't know why but for some reason, I have a feeling that Tigers will be going back to the Richo for a semi final

Here's to the Saracens winning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I haven't caught up on my recordings of Saturday's Premiership games yet but going off the results alone I'd say you're going to win it.

ReputationRep:
    I see Thomas Francis has been banned for the apparent eye gouging incident against England. Really didn't think much of it at the time, just looked like he picked his nose. Seems harsh to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I see Thomas Francis has been banned for the apparent eye gouging incident against England. Really didn't think much of it at the time, just looked like he picked his nose. Seems harsh to me.
    Yea ! I thought his hand connected with Coles's nose , I certainly did not see his hands near his eyes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pains me to say this, but congratulations to England. The best team won.

Been a pretty poor championship overall, Ireland and Wales have been very disappointing, the French are in turmoil, and Italy have been appalling. Time for Georgia to have a crack??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Pains me to say this, but congratulations to England. The best team won.

Been a pretty poor championship overall, Ireland and Wales have been very disappointing, the French are in turmoil, and Italy have been appalling. Time for Georgia to have a crack??
    I have to give it to the French , they showed some talent ! I absolutely love watching them play , shame they didn't put bastareud on there squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Winning the Six Nations is rubbish without a Grand Slam. Well done, England.

(Original post by Mackay)
    Winning the Six Nations is rubbish without a Grand Slam. Well done, England.
    Party whoop! We did and he got to lift the trophy after that nail bitting moment he was really in deep water with that knee to neck concussion! Bring on the World Cup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Exeter-Saints promises to be a cracker today.

ReputationRep:
    Tigers v Sarries was a great game!

Loved the respect for Seru Rabeni who died in the week aged 37. He used to play for tigers and was an awesome player

Also loved the respect from the Sarries players after the match when they walked around the ground. The Tigers fans were clapping them (as usual) and Britts shouted "Cheers guys, you're a great team" That for me is what rugby is about! two teams going at each other full on, then respect after.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Another fantastic win for Wasps. They just keep going.

ReputationRep:
    Going to my first rugby match on Saturday. Been following England since world cup/six nations just gone, a bit more serious than usual so thought I'd see a union game. Had enough of my football team now (Aston Villa) so who can blame me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatsthespirit)
    Going to my first rugby match on Saturday. Been following England since world cup/six nations just gone, a bit more serious than usual so thought I'd see a union game. Had enough of my football team now (Aston Villa) so who can blame me...
    Awesome, I hope you enjoy it! Which game are you going too? Yeah, they seem to be having a difficult year.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, I hope you enjoy it! Which game are you going too? Yeah, they seem to be having a difficult year.
    Thanks man! Worcester Warriors v London Irish. I'm about a 20 minute drive from Sixways so they seem the feasible team to follow. There's so much I still gotta learn about the game though... I'm still not 100% on the rules haha

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.