Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es0phagus)
    Analogue (non-digital) with no alarm.
    i don't think mine has an alarm. it's one of those old style watches. not like an iwatch (whatever they're called) or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalElleWoods)
    Going to start now for ukcat but not seriously, maybe a couple of hours a week. But i'll start properly revising in may. Really don't want to do the GAMSAT haha.
    Talk about it.. I purchased the sample questions from the acer website today to get an idea of the level of science and oh god..! It's got heavy physics and organic chemistry that I did in my A levels 12 years ago.. I've done it before so not rocket science but I could do with not doing it again.. If it's possible. So I want to aim at UKCAT too.. I live in Sheffield and can only apply to unis around home so I'm looking at sheffield, Warwick, Newcastle as priority.. And nottingham using GAMSAT. .
    I'm planning to start now too.. From April.. And build up and give it in June.. You working full time ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishleen)
    Talk about it.. I purchased the sample questions from the acer website today to get an idea of the level of science and oh god..! It's got heavy physics and organic chemistry that I did in my A levels 12 years ago.. I've done it before so not rocket science but I could do with not doing it again.. If it's possible. So I want to aim at UKCAT too.. I live in Sheffield and can only apply to unis around home so I'm looking at sheffield, Warwick, Newcastle as priority.. And nottingham using GAMSAT. .
    I'm planning to start now too.. From April.. And build up and give it in June.. You working full time ??
    Full time medical microbiology student, part time ward clerk and HCA. Safe to say my days don't give me any room for this exam prep haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    Respect for the perseverance, how did you fare last time, assuming this is your second sitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. I got 58 overall the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    :eek:

omg why?
    I still have some holes in my knowledge. I get calculations for physics and physical chemistry questions wrong sometimes. Also it gives me confidence doing half practice papers. Reminds me of stuff I've forgotten too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalElleWoods)
    Full time medical microbiology student, part time ward clerk and HCA. Safe to say my days don't give me any room for this exam prep haha
    I Think a lot of ppl are in similar boats .. I'm working full time as a physiotherapist, come home to a toddler.. Not got much time either..

ReputationRep:
    Less than 24 hours!! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PintoBeans)
    I'm just watching Ted videos to pass the time, hopefully get some ideas for section 2 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'm just reading the email wrong or what but am I right in thinking we can't leave the test centre at lunch, so I need to bring lunch? I really hope the centre has somewhere I can get a coffee, I can't go that long without one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underthetree)
    I'm not sure if I'm just reading the email wrong or what but am I right in thinking we can't leave the test centre at lunch, so I need to bring lunch? I really hope the centre has somewhere I can get a coffee, I can't go that long without one!
    We can leave. It just doesn't guarantee food will be there.

I'm going to take a wrap and loads of snacks. Thinking about red bull but caffeine and my bladder don't go well together lmao and my stomach usually doesn't agree.

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underthetree)
    If you're at the London one there will be coffee shops and all that jazz around. When I took it in September they let people leave. Many people ate their food on the steps outside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    I'm just watching Ted videos to pass the time, hopefully get some ideas for section 2 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I recommend the highly viewed one on education. Very funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PintoBeans)
    Around this time tomorrow, we'll all be nearly finished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DelphiDeWitt)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yes the one about creativity and schools, that was quite insightful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DelphiDeWitt)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sir Ken Robinson?

(Original post by KoalaBoar)
    Around this time tomorrow, we'll all be nearly finished
    In a couple of hours the Australians will be cramming into halls to sit their exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    In a couple of hours the Australians will be cramming into halls to sit their exam!
    They have my deepest sympathies. Going to stop revising and watch old GBBO episodes to feel better

ReputationRep:
    I'm officially tedded out. I wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its over!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a joke.

My back/neck was killing me throughout, unsure if it was the seats or just me. S3 was so boring this time, I found myself re-reading some passages 2-3 times. Wrote utter trite for S2 again.

See ya in Sept, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Screweddddd but we're freeeee!!! 😁😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.