Turn on thread page Beta

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16 watch

• View Poll Results: Have you received any interview invitations yet + where?
    University of Bristol
    16.28%
    Cardiff University
    22.09%
    University of Southampton
    8.14%
    University of Nottingham
    18.60%
    University of Birmingham
    34.88%

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by notyous)
    Do you know when Nottingham/QUB will start sending out interviews? Thanks
    Hi there,

QUB haven't sent out any yet, as they are still processing applications. They will be sending out invitations around Christmas time.

Nottingham also haven't out any yet, but are going to start sending out invitations to interview by the end of this week. However, they aren't sending them all out in one go, so students will receive invitations in batches. So, don't worry if you aren't invited by the end of this week!

In the mean time, why not check out our free blogs for general interview tips?

Good luck,

The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hi there,

So we've heard back from Exeter Medical School. They say that ideally everyone should hear back by the end of today! However, they have had a system fault, so the last invitations to interview may get sent out tomorrow.

Also, it makes no difference if you are an international student. You'll either hear back by the end of today, or tomorrow latest.

In the mean time, in preparation for any interviews you may have been invited to, why not check out our free blogs? They are written by doctors and medical students, and cover how to tackle interviews! We've also got weekly medical news summary blogs, to help you stay up to date with NHS hot topics, and the latest medical developments.

Good luck,

TMP
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennapee)
    Got my interview for Aberdeen next Tuesday and I'm so ill just now.. Talk about bad timing
    OMG I've fallen ill too! I'm starting to panic! Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkangel1979)
    Ah you can do it. You got to remember this is all part of the test! Best of luck!!!
    Your positivity is really what I need right now so thanks a million

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmed16)
    OMG I've fallen ill too! I'm starting to panic! Good luck with your interview!
    We're so unlucky eh! Hope you feel better soon
    Well done for getting an interview!! I'm panicking too, got a mock interview tomorrow and definitely not prepared enough
    Thank you so much, you too!

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Just remember me when you are a doctor! Keep positive!
    (Original post by Jennapee)
    Your positivity is really what I need right now so thanks a million

ReputationRep:
    Got one from Exeter 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CYsuxx)
    Got one from Exeter 😭
    well done! the silence has finally been broken this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimSembi)
    well done! the silence has finally been broken this week
    I must have checked my email a thousands times since I sent my UCAS HAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binajd)
    Got an interview for Exeter, 2nd of December
    Well done
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your predictions and Ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Medic Portal,

I wanted to know what the interview types are at Bart's, Exeter, BSMS and Newcastle.
    Also, do you know when they will start/ end sending interview invites?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastandfurious)
    Hi Medic Portal,

I wanted to know what the interview types are at Bart's, Exeter, BSMS and Newcastle.
    Also, do you know when they will start/ end sending interview invites?

Thank you!
    Newcastle and Exeter have both already started sending out interview invites

ReputationRep:
    If it's to anyone's comfort, I just spoke with Nottingham university and HYMS, they said they have not released any invitations yet as of the moment. They might start sending the first batch starting Friday of this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkangel1979)
    If it's to anyone's comfort, I just spoke with Nottingham university and HYMS, they said they have not released any invitations yet as of the moment. They might start sending the first batch starting Friday of this week.
    ahh why do HYMS have to wait until the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    Oh tell me about it. They said they haven't finished assessing the UCAS applications. I don't know if they will have to wait for the completion of them all, which is a bit fair. Then that's the time they will send the invites. She hasn't mention though is the invitation are in a particular order or not, but she said if we don't receive one this or next week, it doesn't necessarily mean we are not getting any.
    (Original post by SimSembi)
    ahh why do HYMS have to wait until the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone like to discuss any current or relevant medical ethical issues as general interview preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hi there,

QUB haven't sent out any yet, as they are still processing applications. They will be sending out invitations around Christmas time.

Nottingham also haven't out any yet, but are going to start sending out invitations to interview by the end of this week. However, they aren't sending them all out in one go, so students will receive invitations in batches. So, don't worry if you aren't invited by the end of this week!

In the mean time, why not check out our free blogs for general interview tips?

Good luck,

The Medic Portal
    Got an interview at Exeter on the 14th of March...long way to go but still...thanks for all ur help!

ReputationRep:
    Oh really?? I would have thought they sent it this early (or is it?) you'll be somewhere between December-January! Oh but anyways, at least you've got one there. Best of luck to you!
    (Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15)
    Got an interview at Exeter on the 14th of March...long way to go but still...thanks for all ur help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalts)
    Would anyone like to discuss any current or relevant medical ethical issues as general interview preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gazoula)
    Yes!!!
    Me too. Any suggestions to start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.