Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm pretty sure it's 2 (GP & jarred) and there have only ever been 4 budgets delivered over 22 Parliments. It's a really hard job and you can hardly blame the liberal leaders for having lives which get in the way.
    MacDaddi aswell
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    MacDaddi aswell
    Ohhh right. But still, it's not your fault.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think if worked out how to make Aph disappear. First, make him join the liberals somehow, then make him chancellor. I hope the new chancellor is somebody expendable if it's another liberal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ohhh right. But still, it's not your fault.
    I suppose.

The reason why another Chancellor hasn't been appointed yet is because Jarred said he'd be back by the 13th, and then we had the Liberal Leadership election. We plan to sort it out this side of Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I agree but I remind you that you were the Labour leader when the negotiations were taking place, and you were the Prime Minister when the coalition was first formed. If there were doubts over the Liberals' ability to fulfil the role, as leader you should have kept the position for Labour. When the Chancellor was first away you should have appointed a new Chancellor after a few days away, and your successor should be appointing a new Chancellor to cover; Labour needs to share some of the blame here.
    Like UKIP did last term? You know yourself how difficult it is but I have every confidence that unlike the Frankenstein coalition we'll produce a budget worthy of the name.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm pretty sure it's 2 (GP & jarred) and there have only ever been 4 budgets delivered over 22 Parliments. It's a really hard job and you can hardly blame the liberal leaders for having lives which get in the way.
    I sure hope you're not one of the people who've been pressing the government to get a budget out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Like UKIP did last term? You know yourself how difficult it is but I have every confidence that unlike the Frankenstein coalition we'll produce a budget worthy of the name.
    Last term saw the Prime Minister, the leader of the largest party in the coalition, the leader of the Liberals, the Deputy Leader of the Liberals, and the Chancellor all being absent at the same time, while the Green deputy leader, and the Liberal chairman did not want to act outside a restrictive constitution to appoint a Chancellor; the two situations were different.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Last term saw the Prime Minister, the leader of the largest party in the coalition, the leader of the Liberals, the Deputy Leader of the Liberals, and the Chancellor all being absent at the same time, while the Green deputy leader, and the Liberal chairman did not want to act outside a restrictive constitution to appoint a Chancellor; the two situations were different.
    Well you'll be pleased to hear that this coalition is not dysfunctional like the one to which you refer, and so the appointment of a new Chancellor is well underway with the target of having a budget out some time in January, as we have always aimed for, remaining in place.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Merry Christmas from Number 10!
    Joyeux Noël du Numéro 10!
    ¡Feliz Navidad del Número 10!
    Frohe Weihnachten von der Nummer 10!
    Nadolig Llawen gan Rif 10!

(I had planned to do this last night but my WiFi cut out at about fifteen minutes to midnight. Meanwhile the final Cabinet appointments are being made - though perhaps not today - and it will be announced in the coming days.)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So much by Christmas, or were you talking for the Orthodox churches?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So much by Christmas, or were you talking for the Orthodox churches?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wtf are you trying to say?:confused: Are you drunk?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Wtf are you trying to say?:confused: Are you drunk?
    We were told that the cabinet would be announced my Christmas.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I underestimated it a little I take the blame for that. The majority of positions have been appointed. At the moment I'm deliberating over two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The importance of small words such as 'for' to go in between 'so much' and 'by Christmas'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    One person leaves- entire cabinet needs redoing. Okay, seems we are talking about Orthodox Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One person leaves- entire cabinet needs redoing. Okay, seems we are talking about Orthodox Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not the case. Fez made very clear internally when he became PM that a reshuffle would be happening around this time. The fact that we have now lost a Chancellor is a coincidence.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much what Cranbrook said. Also, both Fez and myself are new Leaders, and felt that it would be useful to have a reshuffle, so we're having one.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This was always planned. The Chancellor has already been appointed and is starting work behind the scenes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    This was always planned. The Chancellor has already been appointed and is starting work behind the scenes.
    So this time it's even slower than the first time? How long until lab-lib governments take all term to decide upon their cabinet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So this time it's even slower than the first time? How long until lab-lib governments take all term to decide upon their cabinet?
    Well, there is still the existing Cabinet who are continuing to work upon their departmental reviews, in preparation either for submission within days or transfer to the new portfolio holders.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.