Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Not heard either. From last year, the gap between invitation and interview was pretty short.

Keep watching your e-mail and hoping, just like me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing here either.

Whilst it's obviously possible, with all the chancery applicants on here I would be a little surprised if they'd sent invites and we hadn't heard.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard anything here either, thought it had just been a rejection by silence but they could be running behind schedule

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomfish)
    Has anybody heard from Ten Old Square? Interviews are supposedly taking place on Thursday, so I guess I can take that as a rejection by silence.
    Nothing yet for me either.

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Whilst it's obviously possible, with all the chancery applicants on here I would be a little surprised if they'd sent invites and we hadn't heard.
    Agreed. Then again, there's always the Radcliffe fiasco

Edit: Thinking about it, do keep an eye on the post as well - if I remember correctly, that's how they send their mini rejections, so not sure if it's the same for pupillage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Nothing yet for me either.

Agreed. Then again, there's always the Radcliffe fiasco

Edit: Thinking about it, do keep an eye on the post as well - if I remember correctly, that's how they send their mini notifications (both outcomes), so not sure if it's the same for pupillage.
    I think I got my mini response from them last year by email and post, but definitely by email (I just searched my inbox).

I guess we shall probably see tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I guess we shall probably see tomorrow.
    Indeed.

I'm also calling Radcliffe tomorrow to clarify, so I'll post afterwards (if I don't get anything in the morning mail). I know it's obviously a rejection, but I would at least like some confirmation over the phone, considering most others got both an email and a letter.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked. For Ten Old Square in 2015, it was 26th January for interviews on 29th. Don't panic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If a cover letter is explicitly for email, do people usually treat it as though it is to be sent by post?

By which I mean, using addresses, telling them to find a CV 'enclosed', that sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Are Pump Court Tax expecting applications by email or by post? Their website says

"... applications for pupillage beginning in October 2017 should be made by covering letter and CV, addressed to the Pupillage Secretary and marked “Pupillage Application”, by Monday 1 February 2016", and "All enquiries relating to pupillages and mini-pupillages should, where possible, be made by e-mail to [email protected]", but is an application an 'enquiry'?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

I'm also calling Radcliffe tomorrow to clarify, so I'll post afterwards (if I don't get anything in the morning mail). I know it's obviously a rejection, but I would at least like some confirmation over the phone, considering most others got both an email and a letter.
    I was planning to contact them too for those reasons so will also post the response on here although il be corresponding through email due to work commitments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If a cover letter is explicitly for email, do people usually treat it as though it is to be sent by post?

By which I mean, using addresses, telling them to find a CV 'enclosed', that sort of thing?
    I usually include addresses and a scanned signature but tell them to find the CV attached rather than enclosed.

(Original post by Forum User)
    Are Pump Court Tax expecting applications by email or by post? Their website says

"... applications for pupillage beginning in October 2017 should be made by covering letter and CV, addressed to the Pupillage Secretary and marked “Pupillage Application”, by Monday 1 February 2016", and "All enquiries relating to pupillages and mini-pupillages should, where possible, be made by e-mail to [email protected]", but is an application an 'enquiry'?
    No idea but it's a very good question. I am also yet to find out what format Gray's Inn Tax want the applications in as I didn't have time this week.

(Original post by LegalLab)
    I was planning to contact them too for those reasons so will also post the response on here although il be corresponding through email due to work commitments
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:

My view would be that it isn't, and I think that is supported by the layout of the page: if they wanted you to submit pupillage applications by email I would expect to see the email address nearer to the application instructions.

If you're having doubts, an enquiry about their expected application medium is certainly an enquiry, and could therefore presumably be made by email to that address.

I usually include addresses and a scanned signature but tell them to find the CV attached rather than enclosed.
    Hm, interesting, thanks.

ReputationRep:

I think they provide an email address on the Pupillage Gateway site that applications can be sent to...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    XXIV rejections out via email, personalised (though they misspelled my name )

Also called Radcliffe, it's a rejection, but apparently they're having a 'second round of rejections' being sent out today/tomorrow, which is probably why some of us hadn't heard anything yet. They've taken approx 16 people through to interviews.

Pump Court Tax have said email applications are fine, though I'll likely double mine in the post as well, just in case.

Gray's Inn Tax - CV & covering letter by email to Laurent Sykes.

ReputationRep:
    Had my Radcliffe rejection via e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr_sleuth)
    Had my Radcliffe rejection via e-mail.
    Good thing I called them then, as I still haven't received anything.

Edit: Nevermind, just received it.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed Radcliffe and got the rejection email through. Has anyone heard anything from 10 Old Square yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    Has anyone heard anything from 10 Old Square yet?
    Not a peep, but I think I've nearly worn out my f5 key.

ReputationRep:
    Not a peep, but I think I've nearly worn out my f5 key.
    Same on both

ReputationRep:
    Gray's Inn Tax - CV & covering letter by email to Laurent Sykes.
    There's no email address for Laurent Sykes on the website. Do you know where we're supposed to send it? Only email addresses I can find on their website are [email protected] and [email protected]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.