2016 Medicine Rejection Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickie89uk)
    Where do you attend school?! Thank you
    South Wales? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Success after eyerolling here too! Interviewer asked about resilience and I mentioned unwinding with teen fiction about demon hunters and vampires....said some sensible stuff too but I get too excited about Cassandra Clare novels.
    No way! Who'd know I'd find someone else that talked about CC in their interview! My guy smirked at me but I got rejected from that uni... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenk18)
    No way! Who'd know I'd find someone else that talked about CC in their interview! My guy smirked at me but I got rejected from that uni... :/
    Hehe I have been her biggest fan since about chapter 2 of Draco Dormiens. I think I was about 14 when I found her on schnoogle. Wouldn't have been a genuine response if I didn't mention her! I did follow up by explaning I fully understand my mistakes as a doctor could kill someone and my resilience depends on how I debrief then detach when I get home. Didn't need to add that I best detach when I imagine I'm actually a shadow hunter.

I am sorry that it ended with a rejection. Any luck elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Hehe I have been her biggest fan since about chapter 2 of Draco Dormiens. I think I was about 14 when I found her on schnoogle. Wouldn't have been a genuine response if I didn't mention her! I did follow up by explaning I fully understand my mistakes as a doctor could kill someone and my resilience depends on how I debrief then detach when I get home. Didn't need to add that I best detach when I imagine I'm actually a shadow hunter.

I am sorry that it ended with a rejection. Any luck elsewhere?
    Haha I mentioned reading to wind down and then just started talking about them and couldn't stop.... Unfortunately not Still waiting to hear from Liverpool but I'm not feeling great. Hey ho we all knew it would be difficult 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenk18)
    Haha I mentioned reading to wind down and then just started talking about them and couldn't stop.... Unfortunately not Still waiting to hear from Liverpool but I'm not feeling great. Hey ho we all knew it would be difficult 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers crossed for Liverpool but get feedback in the summer to help you give a stronger performance next year. I got rejected without interviews in 2 cycles and then got my first choice. Just take it all as a way to develop. It in no way means you won't get a place or that you aren't right for the course. If you get a gap year then see it as a bonus. It might be a very long time before you get a whole year to do whatever you want with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    I'm a fan on Grey's anatomy too haha Congrats on those offers! Which one is your first choice? I had a rejection from Barts unfortunately. It's a shame they don't give feedback tbh. How did you prepare for your interviews?
    Thank you Dundee is my first choice. For my first interview (Glasgow) I read all the standard med school interview advice books and I found myself overthinking my answers and probably answering in a really generic way - I was wait listed for Glasgow. At Dundee and Barts I decided to answer how I wanted to not how I thought I should and I got offers for both, I did the same for interview 4 but I withdrew from there so I will never know the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanab)
    Thank you Dundee is my first choice. For my first interview (Glasgow) I read all the standard med school interview advice books and I found myself overthinking my answers and probably answering in a really generic way - I was wait listed for Glasgow. At Dundee and Barts I decided to answer how I wanted to not how I thought I should and I got offers for both, I did the same for interview 4 but I withdrew from there so I will never know the outcome.
    Ah right, thanks for the advice! Good luck at med school next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    Rejected from Hull York but I wasn't surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol me too

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by Hull York and UEA for their 5 Year course. For UEA I applied to the 5 year course and 'Medicine with a Foundation Year'. Not sure if the rejection applies to both, as the link in the email sends me to their normal 5 year course, so i'm going to inquire further. Just Liverpool left loool

ReputationRep:
    Please when the toy apply for UCL

ReputationRep:
    Was just rejected from Edinburgh (I'm a grad. Which might explain why so early). It's a real shame but I have had interviews from HullYork and Keele which is great and waiting to hear from Barts still. But if it helps anyone, this is my 3rd year trying so don't give up. I previously got no interviews and then just one (from Oxford weirdly) but no offers. My advice, if you really do want this then look at what you might have done wrong or not well enough and learn from these mistakes. Use them to do it differently next time round. Also working as a nursing assistant does help a lot, it's a rubbish job but you get a decent wage, it looks great on paper and you end up with a vaste wealth of experiences to comment on in you interviews. Ultimately a medical degree is a medical degree so just get it somewhere and then you can choose where to work after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumaysaq)
    Rejected from Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too- what reason did they give you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovepalmtrees)
    Me too- what reason did they give you?
    when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sama1999)
    when was your interview?
    I was rejected pre-interview

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by Leicester got 92/165 on the interview but got my two top choices sheffield and manchester wooohoo!!

ReputationRep:
    So I don't waste an offer. Is there any medicine place available in ucas extra atm?

ReputationRep:
    Just looking for a bit of advice. I got rejected from all of my choices this year. I also got kicked out of my home, so I am currently living with a friend. I can only stay here until August (until university) so I don't have any possibility of taking a gap year. Does anybody have any advice, keeping in mind that money is very short for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza_33)
    So I don't waste an offer. Is there any medicine place available in ucas extra atm?
    no sadly the deadline was 15th october

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.