Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    How'd it go?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I am stupefied
    Bloody hell, can Edexcel get anything right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    How'd it go?!
    It went okay. Kinda ****ed up M2 and F1, but it's alright. I expected more in M2 but I won't bother rechecking for 2-3 UMS.

F1 - 86
    M2 - 91
    S1 - 100

Overall I'm okay with it since I have an A* in M2.

Can you help me with a STEP II question by the way?

Upset about 403's Unit 4, definitely deserved more there. Student403 did you check RP yet to see where you lost marks? I wish I had access to it to see where I went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It went okay. Kinda ****ed up M2 and F1, but it's alright. I expected more in M2 but I won't bother rechecking for 2-3 UMS.

F1 - 86
    M2 - 91
    S1 - 100

Overall I'm okay with it since I have an A* in M2.

Can you help me with a STEP II question by the way?

Upset about 403's Unit 4, definitely deserved more there. Student403 did you check RP yet to see where you lost marks? I wish I had access to it to see where I went wrong.
    You predicted worse for FP1, didn't you? Those are great marks, might not be what you expected, but they're still great!

Sure thing, which one? Probably best not to clutter this thread up, post it on mine/your blog and tag me. :-)

ReputationRep:
    You predicted worse for FP1, didn't you? Those are great marks, might not be what you expected, but they're still great!

Sure thing, which one? Probably best not to clutter this thread up, post it on mine/your blog and tag me. :-)
    I did, you're right - this was pretty nice in comparison to how horrible my paper actually went! An A* in M2 sets me up quite nicely for June to be honest - now I need to do well in 2 of S2, S3, M3, FP2 or FP3. My other classmate doing Further Maths did pretty well in S2, so you don't have much to worry about. He got much lower than expected on C34 though. The boundaries were cruel.

Posting in a few! It's STEP II, 2000, Q3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Wtf?

106/120?? Definitely remarking that
    Really? That sucks, must be 1 raw mark, definitely remark it. I'm pretty happy with 110/120 but I think we can both agree that we expected a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    I did, you're right - this was pretty nice in comparison to how horrible my paper actually went! An A* in M2 sets me up quite nicely for June to be honest - now I need to do well in 2 of S2, S3, M3, FP2 or FP3. My other classmate doing Further Maths did pretty well in S2, so you don't have much to worry about. He got much lower than expected on C34 though. The boundaries were cruel.
    Well, you're definitely going to do well in all five of those so there's not much to worry about on your end. You're not resitting anything in the end? Ah, but I know I screwed up quite a few of the S2 word-y explanations. So I've inevitably dropped more marks than your friend.

Posting in a few! It's STEP II, 2000, Q3.
    Out of all the lovely questions on that paper you pick that one? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you're definitely going to do well in all five of those so there's not much to worry about on your end. You're not resitting anything in the end? Ah, but I know I screwed up quite a few of the S2 word-y explanations. So I've inevitably dropped more marks than your friend.

Out of all the lovely questions on that paper you pick that one? :rofl:
    That's very encouraging - I think I'll be confident about the A* come June! My game plan is to ace M3 and S3 since they're the earliest exams. My friend has a habit of writing huge essays for everything, so you may have a point there. :rofl: But hey, I'm sure you've got your 90!

Is it nastier than the others? I didn't pick it, someone else me to try it

ReputationRep:
    Yes! 113/120 in my unit 4 physics. Especially happy since my teacher had said it was 110 this morning haha. Well done to all of you who got who you wanted, and to those who didnt, well you still have june

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg97)
    Yes! 113/120 in my unit 4 physics. Especially happy since my teacher had said it was 110 this morning haha. Well done to all of you who got who you wanted, and to those who didnt, well you still have june
    Good on you! Well done.

ReputationRep:
    I totally didn't get the marks I wanted
    C34 - 113/120 A ( 2 marks off an A*, I am really pissed off) and i think i am going to repeat it
    M1 - 62/75 A ( I think I deserve it because I messed up a whole 11 marker question)
    Chemistry unit 4 - 64/90 C (3 marks off for a B) but still I was expecting a low A or high B because I lost 7 marks for not completeing a question and I was 90% sure about the rest of the exam so going to remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I totally didn't get the marks I wanted
    C34 - 113/120 A ( 2 marks off an A*, I am really pissed off) and i think i am going to repeat it
    M1 - 62/75 A ( I think I deserve it because I messed up a whole 11 marker question)
    Whaaat?! I'm sorry.

I could've sworn you did better in M1, remember when we were comparing answers? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I was delighted to get my AS results, beyond my expectations.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Chemistry 1 - 102/120
    Chemistry 2 - 120/120
    Chemistry 3 - 59/60 :rolleyes: 1 mark.....

[281/300]

Math C12 - 189/200
    S1 - 93/100

[282/300]

Physics 1 - 108/120
    Physics 2 - 113/120
    Physics 3 - 41/60 (messed up) [Resitting in May]

[262/300]

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else having problems with ResultsPlusDirect? I don't see any results for January 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Okay, so I was delighted to get my AS results, beyond my expectations.
    Good man.

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat?! I'm sorry.

I could've sworn you did better in M1, remember when we were comparing answers? :eek:
    Thank you Zain and yeah I remember!! and the problem is when I saw the mark scheme, there was only 1 mark off for a silly mistake and I messed the first part of a question but I didn't think they will zero mark me for the whole question

I was really optimist for M1 and C34, I didn't think that it would be that low :/ I WISH i can tear my results apart

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and congratulations for your lovely S1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Thank you Zain and yeah I remember!! and the problem is when I saw the mark scheme, there was only 1 mark off for a silly mistake and I messed the first part of a question but I didn't think they will zero mark me for the whole question

I was really optimist for M1 and C34, I didn't think that it would be that low :/ I WISH i can tear my results apart
    Hey, it's okay, there's always June. You had a bad day or two, don't let that bring you overly down. <3 :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Good man.
    Thank you! How'd your go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Thank you! How'd your go?
    What's the celebration plan?

No clue.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.