Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the new specification of Comp1. So do you have to print off the EAD in the time limit?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you need to print before the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uGo1001)
    I'm feeling ok, got the solutions for section D memorised but I hope nothing about sound comes up in section A
    It almost sounds like you know the answers for Section D , care to tell us what these solutions u did ?

I got a comp3 booklet if anyone needs. I need to make a comp2 if i even got time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelahi23)
    How's everyone feeling for the exam tomorrow

I'm a bit nervous but at the same time I feel confident that I'll be fine
    I was feeling a bit meh, but I just completed a section A and B of a past paper in about 15 minutes and got full marks, so I feel much better hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KnightCode)
    It almost sounds like you know the answers for Section D , care to tell us what these solutions u did ?

I got a comp3 booklet if anyone needs. I need to make a comp2 if i even got time.
    I'll happily take the comp3 booklet

ReputationRep:

We'll revise COMP3 together after this exam. I still need to memorise the solutions for Section D. I've never really checked wikibooks before this exam, has a question ever come up for section D that was predicted and already had a solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teee123)
    We'll revise COMP3 together after this exam. I still need to memorise the solutions for Section D. I've never really checked wikibooks before this exam, has a question ever come up for section D that was predicted and already had a solution?
    I've never used wikibooks predictions or student room for comp1 before so I don't know but I assume the reason they give you the code in advance is to predict questions.

ReputationRep:

I'd also like that comp 3 booklet please☺

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i'm trying to solve the 'only able to make a move if it captures a piece' question and found the answer but it's in python, so can somebody please translate to pascal. Thank you!
    def CheckIfMoveIsValid(Board, BoardSize, Move, HumanPlayersTurn): Row = Move % 10 Column = Move // 10 MoveIsValid = False if Board[Row][Column] == " ": if HumanPlayersTurn == True: Board[Row][Column] = "H" else: Board[Row][Column] = "C" if ((CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Bo ard, BoardSize, Row, Column, 1, 0) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, -1, 0) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, 0, 1) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, 0, -1) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, 1, 1) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, -1, 1) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, -1, -1) == True) or (CheckIfThereArePiecesToFlip(Boa rd, BoardSize, Row, Column, 1, -1) == True)): MoveIsValid = True else: MoveIsValid = False Board[Row][Column] = " " return MoveIsValid

ReputationRep:
    specifically these lines
    if Board[Row][Column] == " ": if HumanPlayersTurn == True: Board[Row][Column] = "H" else: Board[Row][Column] = "C"

ReputationRep:
    So happy that 50 marks is from section A and B.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling ok, got the solutions for section D memorised but I hope nothing about sound comes up in section A
    Woah, what solutions? Do you mind sharing? ^^;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yendis)
    Woah, what solutions? Do you mind sharing? ^^;
    Worded wrong, solutions as in what we think will come up. (Predictions)

ReputationRep:
    Worded wrong, solutions as in what we think will come up. (Predictions)
    Oh right, thank you.

As for the multi-player prediction, I don't think something like that will come up in the actual exam. Looking at other users' predictions, it seems like something that would take too long to implement. Especially if this exam is only two hours.

This is a stretch, but what if another FEN notation question comes up? I've already got a solution for that if anyone wants it (VB,NET), but that seems to be a more probable question to come up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, thank you.

As for the multi-player prediction, I don't think something like that will come up in the actual exam. Looking at other users' predictions, it seems like something that would take too long to implement. Especially if this exam is only an hour and a half.

This is a stretch, but what if another FEN notation question comes up? I've already got a solution for that if anyone wants it (VB,NET), but that seems to be a more probable question to come up.
    Well for the people who are doing the COMP1 Resit the exam will be 2 hours. I think people who are doing it for the first time will have the new spec exam which is 1.5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teee123)
    Well for the people who are doing the COMP1 Resit the exam will be 2 hours. I think people who are doing it for the first time will have the new spec exam which is 1.5 hours.
    Woops, my bad. Thanks for the correction!

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anybody give me the code to validate coordinates as right now it crashes if you type in letters. Prefer pascal but python is fine
    Thanks
    Ashley

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, thank you.

As for the multi-player prediction, I don't think something like that will come up in the actual exam. Looking at other users' predictions, it seems like something that would take too long to implement. Especially if this exam is only two hours.

Would you mind sending it to me so I can have a look at it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Let's discuss what everyone got in section A and C and compare answers tomorrow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.