x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    By car or by public transport
    train

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    SE London, I live in a nice area but still grown up street-smart and aware of the area I'm in. My road is the most robbed in my area so woheyyy #specialgetme but I love the transport and diversification over here, can't believe if I get into UEA I won't be using my Oyster- that bad boys been with me my whole childhood as a Londoner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekmillie)
    Me too! Which town? I live on the border of Wallington and Carshalton
    Between where Wallington meets Beddington

ReputationRep:
    Pros:
    *42, 136, 343, 12, 68, 148, 171, 176, 468, 40, 45, 35, P12 are all near me, so I don't need to worry about missing a bus :teehee:

*Living quite high I get to see some parts of the London, I can see parts of Vauxhall, Canary Wharf, London Bridge etc.

*I have everything I need on the main street: small Tesco, Iceland, Morrisons, M&S, big Tesco and ASDA are not far either, loads of small shops too

*Several parks in the area and one big close enough

Cons:
    *Food market next to my street :erm: I have to go all the way around because it takes ages for me to get through to a bus stop :unimpressed:

*Traffic! Sometimes the queue of vehicles turns into several kilometers :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I used to live in Newham, but its changed a lot since then
    Woah... I did too :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is too creepy for my liking.

I'm out of here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Woah... I did too :eek3:
    Its a small world

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Chadwell Heath in East London but since starting uni in 2013 I've been living in Sheffield now when I get a grad job that could be anywhere but most likely back in London

ReputationRep:
    Its a small world
    :yep:

Well, it was pretty obvious that you'd live near me, but both of us living in Newham at some point? :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I took ur girl)
    Do you like/love or detest where you live?

I live in an urban area of South West London AKA Clapham, and I absolutely love my area and the culture.:love: I used to live in Brixton and that was also a brilliant area!!!

I love the community vibe, the love and culture.

Even though the hood get's a bad press and reputation, I wouldn't choose to live anywhere else in U.K as it would most probably be dull and boring.:boring:

But on a real though, the hood is amazing.:daydreaming:
    lol my mother always used to tell me if I ever went to london to never go to brixton at night :lol: isn't it rough af?

I'm from Essex not the nicest of places but it's fairly quiet compared to most cities and towns I also live in Kent during uni term times.

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

Well, it was pretty obvious that you'd live near me, but both of us living in Newham at some point? :eek2:
    Yeah! I moved when I was three or four but I still have lots of good memories

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I moved when I was three or four but I still have lots of good memories
    I lived there up until the start of year 5, but I actually can't remember much :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I live near Cowley which is unbelievably countrysidey for West London

ReputationRep:
    Lived on the Isle of Wight my whole life. Many of my friends and family don't like it because it's "cut off", but I like the country walks and abandoned places all over the towns and villages. I don't think the people are that interested in that particular side of the island, but I am, so I make the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    East London init.

But I go to uni in Cornwall.

ReputationRep:
    I lived there up until the start of year 5, but I actually can't remember much :getmecoat:
    :console:

I think that I remember a lot of it as I was born there.. Austria must have been so exciting though

ReputationRep:
    :console:

I think that I remember a lot of it as I was born there.. Austria must have been so exciting though
    I can't even remember much of that either :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've got such bad memory :ashamed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What I do remember, though, is that school was awesome - it ended at about 1pm, and then I could go to this place called 'Hort' where you basically played games and stuff :gah:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And this thing :yum:

ReputationRep:
    I can't even remember much of that either :cry2:
    See, you CAN remember stuff :^_^: Are those shrimps :drool::eating:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.