Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elforjg02)
    not necessarily lol ...in each country there are different skin tones...what makes u think that?
    Perhaps its just the ones ive met.. which arab country u from btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saeed9714)
    oh haha thank you
    I bet you watch this

I remember it coming on a daily basis on the single tv channel in Sana'aa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Perhaps its just the ones ive met.. which arab country u from btw?
    Libya wbu? ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I bet you watch this

I remember it coming on a daily basis on the single tv channel in Sana'aa
    Where im from we're culturally quite different to the people in the video lol but we have something similar.

but not gonna lie, our Somali/sudani bredrins that have been in yemen for generations are lit

ReputationRep:
    Libya wbu? ^^
    انا يمني. Thanks for the follow !

ReputationRep:
    Does any1 have any advice how i can improve my arabic? I can narely speak it to anyone outside my family and I cant understand any musalsals when watching with my relatives

ReputationRep:
    I dance the best dabke.

don't @ me

ReputationRep:
    Does any1 have any advice how i can improve my arabic? I can narely speak it to anyone outside my family and I cant understand any musalsals when watching with my relatives
    try talking to your parents in arabic.. I mean you will get alot of practice out of it...and if you have any arab freinds..talk to them in arabic and avoid english for a while and see how your going on ^^....and tell your parents to talk to u in arabic only and if your stuck..ask for a translation and then continue talking arabic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    I dance the best dabke.

don't @ me
    You palestinian/syrian??

ReputationRep:
    OMG naaaa I AM SCREAMING, IRAQIS ARE TOO MUCH HAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    OMG naaaa I AM SCREAMING, IRAQIS ARE TOO MUCH HAHAHAHAHA
    Loool how do you even find these videos

ReputationRep:
    Loool how do you even find these videos
    Dont ask :ninja:

ReputationRep:

any one else love bakhoor?
    Every morning. At least one turn in every single room of the house!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome,habibi :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    try talking to your parents in arabic.. I mean you will get alot of practice out of it...and if you have any arab freinds..talk to them in arabic and avoid english for a while and see how your going on ^^....and tell your parents to talk to u in arabic only and if your stuck..ask for a translation and then continue talking arabic
    I always talk arabic with my parents. My mum has been living in the UK for 13 years and she still isnt fluent in english! I am able to understand other yemenis abit and if i try really hard the emiratis, but when i hear the other khaleejis and the morrocons/algerians i have double check that they're speaking arabic!

I think im gonna start by watching english subtitled Musalsals then remove the subs after a while. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    Try speaking arabic as much as possible. My spoken arabic was really bad because I never used to speak it,even whenever I was in Lebanon I'd use French or English to communicate. My grandmother then insisted that I only speak to her in Arabic and wouldn't reply if I used any other language lol, so I started using Arabic more frequently and would speak it to my family etc.. over time I found that I'd improved a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I always talk arabic with my parents. My mum has been living in the UK for 13 years and she still isnt fluent in english! I am able to understand other yemenis abit and if i try really hard the emiratis, but when i hear the other khaleejis and the morrocons/algerians i have double check that they're speaking arabic!

I think im gonna start by watching english subtitled Musalsals then remove the subs after a while. Any recommendations?
    Lol that's normal! :lol: some dialects leave me baffled af

ReputationRep:

watch this...I'ts a really good khaliji musalsal...I loved it...!!
    امنا رويحة الجنة

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Lol that's normal! :lol: some dialects leave me baffled af
    ikr especially the morrocan and algerian ..but I know alot of french so sometimes I'm alright with it

ReputationRep:
    LOL same here man !! gestures , how loud they talk and behave....they are definite arabs...and don't let me start with arab kids man!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: spot them from mile away..especially if ur sat ina restauresnt or something..i know when an arab family is around!! all arabs do!
    Ahaha i understand you same with afghans lool....i try to pretend that im not afghan or like hide when i see afghans lool coz omg if they start to talk to you...you will be there for like maybe 3 hrs ahah...but men do not approach afghan women out of respect and islam...only women approach women and men with men.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.