Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmightyJesus)
    yes

yes

no

yes

definitely

again, no - jay z really isn't that good imo. better than kayne though, obviously.

?

?x2

what about snoop dogg's the dogg pound? some might say life after death too but meh

Fml you don't listen to rap do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trillinhomie)
    Ye the point is Eminem is insanely overrated
    everyone thinks hes amazing because how fast he spits his bars, then they go hate on legends like Tupac, Biggie, Big Pun, Big L, Nas

ReputationRep:
    Earl Sweatshirt>MFDOOM
    Earls easy a better lyricist

ReputationRep:
    usually not new rap no, because usually it's all ****ing ****. awful.

ReputationRep:
    of course he doesn't. He doesn't like Reasonable Doubt fs

ReputationRep:
    usually not new rap no, because usually it's all ****ing ****. awful.
    How do you not like Jay Z though?
    And do you like Pusha T or Vince Staples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ytteFpaW)
    everyone thinks hes amazing because how fast he spits his bars, then they go hate on legends like Tupac, Biggie, Big Pun, Big L, Nas
    Truu

ReputationRep:
    How do you not like Jay Z though?
    And do you like Pusha T or Vince Staples
    I really don't know. I understand that a lot of people say he's good. I like east coast rappers, e.g. wu tang (all of them minus maybe masta killah), a tribe called quest, biggie, mos def, public enemy, (etc) but something about his way of rapping just hits me at a strange angle. it might be because the first time I heard his work I heard it with linkin park, and rihanna, and that sets a truly dreadful first impression, but that's not my fault, that's his, for not only crossing over, but crossing over with **** artists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    Check out meek mills mr Philadelphia/jahlil beats produced most of the bangers. Listen to meek mill - this is how we do it
    Yeah, ill check em out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Yeah, ill check em out
    Do you like Lex Luger's productions mane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvanDogg2)
    But it isnt hopsin is too underrated hes better than kanye west and kendrick
    I agree that hopsin is underrated and one of the best in the game but you can't compare Kendrick to hops in 💯

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know. I understand that a lot of people say he's good. I like east coast rappers, e.g. wu tang (all of them minus maybe masta killah), a tribe called quest, biggie, mos def, public enemy, (etc) but something about his way of rapping just hits me at a strange angle. it might be because the first time I heard his work I heard it with linkin park, and rihanna, and that sets a truly dreadful first impression, but that's not my fault, that's his, for not only crossing over, but crossing over with **** artists.
    Ok what about more lyrical new schoolers like Pusha T (his work in the early 2000s with Clipse is so classic) , Vince Staples, Joey Bada$$ etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremiahSmonkier)
    Earl Sweatshirt>MFDOOM
    Earls easy a better lyricist
    DOOMS lyricism is far more topic based and reference filled, but so far earl has put out some pretty amazing songs like Whoa... Just not as good as DOOM overall

ReputationRep:
    Ok what about more lyrical new schoolers like Pusha T (his work in the early 2000s with Clipse is so classic) , Vince Staples, Joey Bada$$ etc
    I haven't heard pusha T, I might have heard vince staples because that name rings a bell but I don't know if they're any good, and I'm sure I've heard something from joey badass and my friend loves him but again I can't recall enjoying what I heard. maybe suggest their best respective songs?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard pusha T, I might have heard vince staples because that name rings a bell but I don't know if they're any good, and I'm sure I've heard something from joey badass and my friend loves him but again I can't recall enjoying what I heard. maybe suggest their best respective songs?

Try that mane

ReputationRep:

Try that mane
    all right cool, what who's it by?
    edit: so he hasn't set the best impression by rhyming "johnson" with "monster"
    edit2: ...and "watches" with "doctor"...

ReputationRep:
    Do you like Lex Luger's productions mane
    Yeah with like waka flocka flame and them lot

ReputationRep:
    all right cool, what who's it by?
    edit: so he hasn't set the best impression by rhyming "johnson" with "monster"
    edit2: ...and "watches" with "doctor"...
    It's Nosetalgia by Pusha T featuring Kendrick Lamar
    Produced by Kanye West and Nottz

I think it's dope, I mean he managed to get 'timeless' to rhyme with 'honest' which is sick imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Yeah with like waka flocka flame and them lot
    Dope ****, he's a goat trap producer tbh

ReputationRep:
    Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
    Madvillany- Madvillian
    MF DOOM - Mm..Food
    The Roots-Undun
    Just to name a few..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.