Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    would my LBS be likely to lend me a pump to pump up my tires? I'm in the process of moving and the pump has gone already, kept my bike to destress but have got a puncture haven't got a hope in hell of getting it to 90-100psi with my hand pump which is all I've got left now... we do have a LBS round the corner but I don't really want to pay to have it pumped for the sake of 4 days!
    Borrow implies taking it out of the shop which I doubt but I'm certain they'd just let you use a track pump.

ReputationRep:
    would my LBS be likely to lend me a pump to pump up my tires? I'm in the process of moving and the pump has gone already, kept my bike to destress but have got a puncture haven't got a hope in hell of getting it to 90-100psi with my hand pump which is all I've got left now... we do have a LBS round the corner but I don't really want to pay to have it pumped for the sake of 4 days!
    My local Halfords has track pumps outside that are free to use. I would assume it's the same everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Any decent place would.

ReputationRep:
    So annoyed. Just my luck. Finally got my dry lube today and decided to clean and relube my chain. Just as I'm waiting for the lube to set (or whatever) it starts to piss it down. So I had to rush my bike in the shed and now I can't even take it out for a ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    So annoyed. Just my luck. Finally got my dry lube today and decided to clean and relube my chain. Just as I'm waiting for the lube to set (or whatever) it starts to piss it down. So I had to rush my bike in the shed and now I can't even take it out for a ride.
    Buy yourself some wet lube as well then go out in the rain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Buy yourself some wet lube as well then go out in the rain
    I've got wet lube. Its all I used to use but with the dry weather I couldnt go where I wanted without the chain getting filthy dirty in less than half an hour. I'm not about to put on wet lube to put on dry lube again tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    I've got wet lube. Its all I used to use but with the dry weather I couldnt go where I wanted without the chain getting filthy dirty in less than half an hour. I'm not about to put on wet lube to put on dry lube again tomorrow.
    Lol you don't have to change your lube every time the weather outside changes. You could have gone for a ride, given it a quick wipe down and then reapplied a little bit.

ReputationRep:
    I've always used just wet lube. Even just cheap stuff, so long as it's wiped after application and cleaned every couple rides, I've never had an issue.

ReputationRep:
    So who thinks Lizzie Armistead should have been banned?
    I'll go first. ME.

Unbelievably naive and unprofessional.
    It doesn't even matter if she's a clean athlete.

We all knew Kolo Toure was a clean athlete taking his wife's slimming pills; didn't stop him getting a ban.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might have finally found a bike that has what I want. I'm not getting a bike until the new season so we'll see if anything else comes out that fits my needs obviously. It might be I get next season's version of this bike in the end. Merida ride disc 500. Truth be told it's actually a little better than I'd be happy with. Ultegra derailleurs. RS785 brakes. Carbon fork. And all for under a grand.

ReputationRep:
    I finished my biggest cycling challenge on Friday night. Land's End to John o' Groats in 6 days. Totalled 1018 miles with just over 50,000ft of climbing. Pretty much an unforgettable experience and right now I'm not sure how I'll ever top it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I finished my biggest cycling challenge on Friday night. Land's End to John o' Groats in 6 days. Totalled 1018 miles with just over 50,000ft of climbing. Pretty much an unforgettable experience and right now I'm not sure how I'll ever top it.

...I saw this on reddit earlier, did you post it there too? Congrats btw, bet it was great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    ...I saw this on reddit earlier, did you post it there too? Congrats btw, bet it was great!
    I couldn't resist the karma whoring.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_6144.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  577.6 KB

Picked this up last week 700 miles so far and loving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouchthathurts)
    Name:  IMG_6144.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  577.6 KB

Picked this up last week 700 miles so far and loving it.
    The **** is that bar tape

Does anyone else live a cycling distance from work? Especially a job that gives you a good workout and good pay. Which you can practically stay there until you decide to retire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    The **** is that bar tape
    In the flesh it looks amazing. Sets off the blue quite nicely. Had black on for a few days but it was boring.

Hands down the best bike I've ever ridden though. 7.3kg all in for an aero bike, with tubs in it's even lighter. Climbs nicely, seems to fly on the flat once you get up towards 40km/h. Surpisingly comfy too, managed 205km with 4600m climbing the other week without feeling beaten up, which I was concerned about as aero bikes aren't exactly renowned for being very forgiving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Does anyone else live a cycling distance from work? Especially a job that gives you a good workout and good pay. Which you can practically stay there until you decide to retire.
    20 miles from work with the job I've just taken. On my feet most of the day minus a bit of driving. Winner.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ouchthathurts)
    20 miles from work with the job I've just taken. On my feet most of the day minus a bit of driving. Winner.
    You gone into smallies?

Nice bike btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You gone into smallies?

Nice bike btw
    Nope. Pure large animal . I'm just on the edge of our area here with a flat for on call. Bonus is that I've moved back home for a little while because I've worked out I can basically save a deposit for a house in a year if I want. So long as I don't buy any more silly bikes.

Cheers!*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.