Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly1234567890)
    i have always known that if our value is less than 0.05. ten there is sufficient evidence to reject H0. But that doesnt seem to be the case here in q5

https://57a324a1a586c5508d2813730734...%20Edexcel.pdf

is the mark scheme wrong

https://57a324a1a586c5508d2813730734...%20Edexcel.pdf
    Yeah considering it then says that the claim is true i.e. H1 can be supported, I assume the "no" in "no evidence" shouldn't be there..I mean I haven't done S2 in a while but that's my guess lol

ReputationRep:
    Everyone better get their revision in now before examsolutions starts going offline and being hella slow at night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Everyone better get their revision in now before examsolutions starts going offline and being hella slow at night...
    If exams solutions crashes you can always check his YouTube channel! The same videos are on there I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    haha i was on that by friday mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KY24)
    If exams solutions crashes you can always check his YouTube channel! The same videos are on there I believe
    Yup I know but it's his nice organization of exam papers that I like and how easy it is to navigate his website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    haha i was on that by friday mate.
    On Friday I was sleeping like fcking hibernating after C4. I always take a day's break after an exam lmao

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931385.585473.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  130.4 KB

This is what I did so far: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931423.250029.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  144.4 KB

But how do you know it's not the first function but it's the second one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    On Friday I was sleeping like fcking hibernating after C4. I always take a day's break after an exam lmao
    lool nice. What about consecutive exams , i had one week with chem4, s1, then geog4b

ReputationRep:
    lool nice. What about consecutive exams , i had one week with chem4, s1, then geog4b
    Oh yeah I had a few of those, but I was too tired to revise too much for them. Barely did any revision the night before C4 bc I was too tired and it went well imo. I'm one of those people that can't pull all nighters. Srsly if I get less than 5 hours sleep I will kill any chances of a good grade, so whether or not I have revised enough I always sleep

dayum my friend does bio, chem and maths and she had about 14 exams I think in total because she retook some, I can't imagine what that must be like, I had 9 in total and I feel like death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Oh yeah I had a few of those, but I was too tired to revise too much for them. Barely did any revision the night before C4 bc I was too tired and it went well imo. I'm one of those people that can't pull all nighters. Srsly if I get less than 5 hours sleep I will kill any chances of a good grade, so whether or not I have revised enough I always sleep

dayum my friend does bio, chem and maths and she had about 14 exams I think in total because she retook some, I can't imagine what that must be like, I had 9 in total and I feel like death.
    ive only had 9 as well and im the same, need a good 7 hours sleep minimum, then wake up early and get a bit more revision done.

ReputationRep:
    btw does anyone think proofs could come up for uniform distribution.

ReputationRep:
    ive only had 9 as well and im the same, need a good 7 hours sleep minimum, then wake up early and get a bit more revision done.
    Saame. I've only been getting about 5-6 recently though, just for these final exams and it's taking a huge toll on me. I have massive under eye circles, people tell me I took dead and I legit can't walk in a straight line my eyes start closing when I'm walking to and from college.

Adults who say college is easy are ignorant lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Saame. I've only been getting about 5-6 recently though, just for these final exams and it's taking a huge toll on me. I have massive under eye circles, people tell me I took dead and I legit can't walk in a straight line my eyes start closing when I'm walking to and from college.

haha aww, just one more hard day of work and its all done! (Im assuming this is your last exam), Surprisingly ive been just a little too relaxed this weekend. Went out twice already, lost my motivation . And yeah, my older siblings say, A-Levels are so much easier now, just cuz i got better grades than them at AS.

(Original post by кяя)
    What about teenagers who say college is easy?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by yuveethini)
    Hi there, im stuck with this question, where for part a)i & a)ii i can't figure out how to hack the alternative method (2), especially for a)ii where for X~B(10,0.4) shouldn't P(X<9) be equivalent to P(x<=1). Plus for part b im lost. thanks in advance
    If you just stick with X (rather than involving Y) it's just finding the least value of n for which that has been satisfied. Similar to finding the value for a critical region but it has to be the first value that is greater than 0.9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Yeah considering it then says that the claim is true i.e. H1 can be supported, I assume the "no" in "no evidence" shouldn't be there..I mean I haven't done S2 in a while but that's my guess lol
    thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Cookie2314)
    Help with this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are two ranges of values of X (in the uniform distribution) that, if X takes those values, the longest side will be more than 6cm. One range is 'immediate' (you can see it straight away without calculation) - the other is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by кяя)
    Yup I know but it's his nice organization of exam papers that I like and how easy it is to navigate his website.
    That's true!

ReputationRep:
    btw does anyone think proofs could come up for uniform distribution.
    in the book it says that we "should be able to derive it from first principles" so i guess it could come up. That would be the only derivative we have to know right?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bloom77;66111863]Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931385.585473.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  130.4 KB

This is what I did so far: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931423.250029.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  144.4 KB

But how do you know it's not the first function but it's the second one?

Help please

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.