Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    brb burning someone for being a witch. Y'know, because our ancestors did it.
    Don't take it out of context. Read what i was replying to and try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    eveytime the same people use the same arguments to criticise Islam, which have been disproven a lot of times.
    It's been disproven but then they dont reply to it and start the whole argument on TSR again on another thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper;[url="tel:64362027")
    64362027[/url]]Genuine question here, although there is a Quran verse which says there's no compulsion in religion, why are their rules saying anyone who leaves Islam should be killed and have their children taken away from them?
    Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it. Reasoning? Neither God nor Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) explained the reasoning behind this although some scholars have provided their interpretation of what they think the reason is.

Any islamic queries just check IslamQA. Type in the keywords and you'll find professional answers to all your questions WITH evidences and logical explanations and the like; it's the go-to site for muslims and non-muslims with questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it. Reasoning? Neither God nor Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) explained the reasoning behind this although some scholars have provided their interpretation of what they think the reason is.

Any islamic queries just check IslamQA. Type in the keywords and you'll find professional answers to all your questions WITH evidences and logical explanations and the like; it's the go-to site for muslims and non-muslims with questions
    By definition that is forcing somebody into the religion by declaring if they leave they are to be killed. So that contradicts the no compulsion in religion.

ReputationRep:
    The Iran 2012 pic is unrepresentative, obviously at religious gatherings/ceremonies you will find a higher concentrations of more 'pious' individuals.

But yes, the hijab is compulsory for women in public in iran. what i know about its history:

The original Shah in the 30s briefly banned the hijab. The late Shah in the 60s/70s led a secular regime that promoted a western society, shunning those who wore hijabs etc. The Shah was a dictator and in 1979 people protested against him in the Revolution, islamists 'stole' the revolution and imposed their own islamic state through force and violence.

This islamic state promoted islamist clerics etc to the highest positions of power, and made all sorts of islamic laws that were never approved by the Iranian people and were forced upon them. Iran is a very young population and today, most Iranians, especially in cities, wear a loose fitting head scarf that barely covers their hair. There is also a big campaign in Iran to relax the 'modesty' laws, with the President Hassan Rouhani alluding to the possibility of such reform, and many female reformist MPs being recently elected to parliament with such an ambition.

In 10-20 years I think the law will have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it.
    Well that's OK then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That isn't what OP meant, and obviously the extent they are covered is a bit extreme.
    OP said they were civilised 50 years ago, something like that, meaning they're not so civilised nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    This statement is only for Muslims. Non-Muslims of other races could be enslaved and mass-murdered without a problem. That's what Arabs did to them.

"Behaving best to their wives" is extremely vague and I wouldn't call that "women's rights".

Ah, the "not true Muslim fallacy".
    Contrary to what you think, the mass-killings you talk about did not happen. There isn't a shred of factual evidence to prove it. Islam was spread by the pen and not by the sword. I know you'd like to think that, but what you would like to believe isn't necessarily the truth.

I'm not going to bother to even attempt to correct your false beliefs any more. Revel in your own ignorance and bigotry. What does it matter, I'm just a 'Muslamic Barbarian' anyway, eh?

ReputationRep:
    4. Women can refuse sex, no husband can force it without it being a sin (although Allah will judge a women for it IN THE AFTERLIFE if she refuses without a valid excuse eg menstruation/headache/illness)
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy97)
    Contrary to what you think, the mass-killings you talk about did not happen. There isn't a shred of factual evidence to prove it. Islam was spread by the pen and not by the sword. I know you'd like to think that, but what you would like to believe isn't necessarily the truth.
    :rolleyes:
    The Rashidun army was used to pick flowers, right?

ReputationRep:
    people like u are thick in the head, not everyone from asia or the middle east are muslims or follows islam, the ones that are covered make that choice and the ones that arent is completely up to them, fool.

ReputationRep:
    Not all Muslim countries are like Saudia Arabia fyi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    people like u are thick in the head, not everyone from asia or the middle east are muslims or follows islam, the ones that are covered make that choice and the ones that arent is completely up to them, fool.
    They think the whole of the middle east is a big Saudi Arabia I bet non have traveled to the middle east hahaha. They think women there are forced to cover head to toe lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    They think the whole of the middle east is a big Saudi Arabia I bet non have traveled to the middle east hahaha. They think women there are forced to cover head to toe lol
    spot on, if they actually go to some of them countries in asia and middle east, most of the girls their nowadays are actually dressed like the european girls, there are a less and less girls covering themselves in most of the countries in the middle east and asia.. some people have no idea what they are talking about and make stupid assumptions without knowing a thing.

They say middle east this and that...well let us see how the so called "western" countries survive for even a week with war nowadays.

Also the USA or America needs to focus on themselves and how to stop dangerous
    gangs there and other crimes.

ReputationRep:
    The Ottoman Collapse and Interventionist Policies from superpower nations happened, topped off with an element of bad luck

ReputationRep:
    That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
    "There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You made this thread with 100% knowledge that this will turn into the usual islam bashing thread. I genuinely don't see why you want to make TSR a medium for spreading hate.
    Wow. Jumping onto the 'islamaphobic' bandwagon (which btw is a ridiculous word because no one 'fears' Islam, and a dislike of Islam is hardly irrational).

And you're assuming that these women weren't forced. In a lot of Muslim countries women are forced, be it by law or by friends/family and wider society. I find it soooo ironic how you're literally jumping to defend a symbol of oppression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Wow. Jumping onto the 'islamaphobic' bandwagon (which btw is a ridiculous word because no one 'fears' Islam, and a dislike of Islam is hardly irrational).

And you're assuming that these women weren't forced. In a lot of Muslim countries women are forced, be it by law or by friends/family and wider society. I find it soooo ironic how you're literally jumping to defend a symbol of oppression.
    I find it ironic that as a male, you are projecting your own feelings of what the veil is onto the people that choose to wear them, in an effort to curtail and subvert their choices.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't read anything about it, OP, or thought about it at all, but I reckon it's probably the West's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Sure, that's okay. But criticising Islam doesn't mean it is necessarily islamophobia. Islamophobia means prejudice and expressing strong dislike for Islam. This is hate speech and isnt tolerated, no matter what form it is in. People on TSR more often than not have a problem specifically with the people as opposed to the ideology itself. I too question the ideology, doesnt make me an islamophobe.
    Wrong. Islamophobia isn't a real word, it's merely a made up word used to silence those who criticise Islam. In reality you can say whatever you want about Islam and the false prophet (pbuh), as long as you don't diss musselmen in general you're not being "islamophobic"

Secondly, none of the people on here who diss Islam are dissing musselmen. You just perceive it that way because you either can't read properly or look at things maturely and objectively.

(Original post by Happy97)
    If I was you, I would read the Quran and learn about Islam instead of listening to what racist Islamophobes have to say about our religion.

Islam invented civil rights and was the first religion to introduce Women rights. There is a whole chapter in the Quran about Womens' rights. Don't take my word for it though, read it for yourself.
    Totally incorrect.

Buddhism has been around for about 5000 years and in it's core teachings it states that all people are equal regardless of any differences between them. It outlines all of the human rights and has zero discrimination towards all groups. Hinduism has equal rights for women and men, but still contains within it class divides so technically Buddhism is the first religion to have 100% equality.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit...1.08.amar.html

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit...1.07.piya.html

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipit....002.olen.html

Now compare this to Islam:

“Believers, know that the idolaters [non-Muslims] are unclean. Let them not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year is ended.” Quran 9:28

“Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them. Know that God is with the righteous.” Quran 9:123

“Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and beat them.” Quran 4:34

(Original post by KINGYusuf)
    What's your response, cretin?
    And what's yours, Islamist?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.