The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

This is either a good sign or just a one off but I put that too :smile:
Original post by Bananapeeler
think i put something like c'est la responsabilite de chaque personne de ...
Overall I thought the A2 paper was ok, not as straightforward as the 2015 paper, it was defenitely a challenge and sometimes I found the question difficult to answer. Did anyone else find that they didn't know some vocab in the translations and basically just guessed most of it?
anyone got the answers to the listening environment question - the one about Germany and renewable energy?? So far I've got:

- derniere centrale nucléaire fermera dans 8 ans
- un quart
- weird that germany funds solar energy because 'c'est un pays peu ensolleille'
- both industries employ 100 000 people
- 50%
- 15 milliards euros
- le prix d'electricite a augmente de 30%

I think I'm missing the second one (b) ????
Original post by Stephyy14
Overall I thought the A2 paper was ok, not as straightforward as the 2015 paper, it was defenitely a challenge and sometimes I found the question difficult to answer. Did anyone else find that they didn't know some vocab in the translations and basically just guessed most of it?

Yep, they had phrases like 'fer' and 'cuivre' which mean iron and copper - it's not really a part of the specification to know names of metals/materials of that sort which I found strange - it didn't really fit with the environment topic I felt.

Similarly i did not het cuivre was , wrote responsabilte for duties the last part of the translation( jamel one) i did not know what en sortir etc the rest of the last phrase . also who wrote en eteignant for putting the light off
(edited 7 years ago)
What was the answer to the first English-French translation? it began with "As..."

I absolutely agree with you - I felt really numb at the end because I mean it wasn't perfect but it wasn't awful, I just didn't know what to feel :K: and yeah the translations were a bit hit and miss so I can only hope that I got some points, depending on how they split up the sentences in marking!
Original post by romaiseb
What was the answer to the first English-French translation? it began with "As..."

I wasn't sure on that one but I started with 'Comme' and didnt know if it was right?:s-smilie:

It was something like 'Comme nos ressources naturelles sont limitees, nous ne devrions pas les gaspiller' (excuse lack of accents)

for the English:

"As our natural resources are limited, we should not waste them"

Anyone else get that?
Reply 248
Original post by LanguageLover234
wasn't one of them to do with where he lived, like outside the centre of seoul for protection because other scientists rejected him? and something else to do with how much it costs, the last option?

One said it was in the centre of seoul I think but the listening said 'en banlieue' I think. And yeah one of them said he was denounced by other scientists
Original post by La_magicienne
I wasn't sure on that one but I started with 'Comme' and didnt know if it was right?:s-smilie:

It was something like 'Comme nos ressources naturelles sont limitees, nous ne devrions pas les gaspiller' (excuse lack of accents)

for the English:

Anyone else get that?

Ya I got similar, i think both of ours is correct, mine is:Puisque nos ressources naturelles sont limitées, on ne devrait pas les gaspiller
Original post by safhassan
Similarly i did not het cuivre was , wrote responsabilte for duties the last part of the translation( jamel one) i did not know what en sortir etc the rest of the last phrase . also who wrote en eteignant for putting the light off

I put en eteignant - I think that is correct? :s-smilie::biggrin:
Reply 251
Original post by La_magicienne

for the English:

Anyone else get that?

I put that except with en tant que at the start
Original post by Bananapeeler
think i put something like c'est la responsabilite de chaque personne de ...

I remember the phrase ending with 'every one of us' so I put chaqu'un, but now I'm a bit unsure... not that I can do anything about it :s-smilie:
Hey everyone, mine was awful!

Trying to compile the answers for the acid rain section with the missed out words

Suggestions:
please add to this and edit and correct
1) racines
Original post by Jemma52
I absolutely agree with you - I felt really numb at the end because I mean it wasn't perfect but it wasn't awful, I just didn't know what to feel :K: and yeah the translations were a bit hit and miss so I can only hope that I got some points, depending on how they split up the sentences in marking!

This was also the first time I'd done the paper up until the last minute, in the past I've been a little over confident with myself and finished the listening in 20 mins instead of replaying it. Also I found by doing it out of order by starting with the essay, then doing the listening, then doing more of the essay and then doing the reading and then finishing the essay helps but it was very stressful in some places.
Reply 255
was one of the answers about the gypsies - an increase in students at school/ caravans not far from the town hall and last one a modest price ? - feel I did badly on that one:/
Original post by Jemma52
depends if you'd class it as an expression of certainty, as the subjunctive doesn't apply there. I was worried about it using the 'ne expletive' (if that's what that's called)

Oh oops thought nier que took the subjunctive
For the first question, I got:

Only some were integrated

The people welcomed the gypsies

classes got fuller

parents did not send children to school all the time

Something about cost? I cant remember :frown:

Did anyone elsw get this?
Original post by safhassan

I was exactly the same
Out of curiosity, is anyone here that sat the French paper today also doing the OCR philosophy one tomorrow??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending