The Student Room Group

OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Created a quick strawpoll just to get a feel, a simple yes or no vote :tongue:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10264456
Holy ****, that paper... I've done all the papers and never got anything like that, it was like an FP2 paper or something :frown:

Anyone remember the mark breakdown for question 4? I got p=0, so I think I screwed up earlier on...
Original post by Quido
Created a quick strawpoll just to get a feel, a simple yes or no vote :tongue:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10264456

I will be glad if they put 48 as A so i can get 100 ums points :smile:
I don't think it was nearly as hard as January 2013. I predict 57 for an A.
Original post by klosovic

Tbh i agree. I'd imagine somewhere around 55 should be an A.
Reply 245

In my opinion January 2013 was way easier than today's paper. But even if that's not reflected in everyone else's results, the grade boundary for an A shouldn't be too far off from the Jan 13 paper (48), that would be a bit ridiculous...
January 2013 really didn't seem that difficult of a paper, this however seemed to have the harder questions of each topic on it, and that last question was horrible.
Original post by aeroline1999
Knowing MEI 57/72 or something. Not even kidding. Lots of people have said it was hard and I thought so too, but lots disagreed. I'm starting to worry I was just one of the stupid people who think it is hard each year because they aren't very good not because it was hard. Although TBF, last night I got 69/72 in a paper but I would be surprised if I even got 55/72 int that! I know I definitely can't get anymore thats 63/72 anyway, and that would only be if everything else was correct, which it probably won't be

them people who say it was easy probably haven't checked the unofficial mark scheme, hope fully is the same as 2013 jan ,I have a 10 marks margin in question 7 to achieve 42, I know I deffo found alpha and beta so I hope I get a B, did M2 on Wednesday, and today was just such a low blow man, I wanted to cry but it all came so fast there were no tears
Original post by chemari1
them people who say it was easy probably haven't checked the unofficial mark scheme, hope fully is the same as 2013 jan ,I have a 10 marks margin in question 7 to achieve 42, I know I deffo found alpha and beta so I hope I get a B, did M2 on Wednesday, and today was just such a low blow man, I wanted to cry but it all came so fast there were no tears

I know how you feel, were you retaking then if your doing M2 as well this year? This was my first time round but I reckon I'm gonna have to retake. Shame because I got off to such a good start with History and C1 on Wednesday. I really hope I can pick it up again in D1 and my other normal maths modules, because I don't want it to screw up my uni application. I was hoping for all A's, but now thats increasingly looking unlikely.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Lol yeah I am doing S1 next week. I don't know how I'd do a hypothesis test on this. I'm not sure exactly what I'm even testing. Do you do S2? it think this would me a normal sample mean test on whether μ=59.1 when from a sample of 10 the = 55.6 if X~N(59.1,σ2). You know I am actually gonna do this test.

EDIT: well the test said that the probability that the two sets of scores are drawn from the same population is for all purposes 0. So there is actually a difference between the jan and june that is unlikely to be due to coincidence. though my test is flawed by the fact that i used the sample deviation as population.

Ahh, interesting. What significance level did you use? 5% or 1% or another one? Also no I don't do S2 yet. Im only doing my AS this year plus C3 which is horrible. Hope s1 goes well for you on wednesday :smile:

Just realised, like what probability would it be for the test? I get what you mean for not knowing what to test now :/ Lol if something like this actually came up! If I was writing an exam I reckon I'd have a bit of fun with the question context and do something like that....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cannoning
January 2013 really didn't seem that difficult of a paper, this however seemed to have the harder questions of each topic on it, and that last question was horrible.

This had harder questions on most topics, yes, but I still think January 2013 was harder because there were more unusual questions worth more marks in that paper. For example the most unusual question in this paper - f(w/j)=0 was only worth like 2 marks i think?
Reply 251
This had harder questions on most topics, yes, but I still think January 2013 was harder because there were more unusual questions worth more marks in that paper. For example the most unusual question in this paper - f(w/j)=0 was only worth like 2 marks i think?

The summation question overall was one of the worst I've seen so far to be honest. I don't think that the paper was particularly too difficult though, I think we were all capable but there was far too much content to fit into 1hr 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 252
Damn, nearly 400 votes already. Seems like nearly everyone found it hard so hopefully the boundaries are low.
Original post by Quido
Damn, nearly 400 votes already. Seems like nearly everyone found it hard so hopefully the boundaries are low.

What do you mean 400 votes? Where's the poll, I don't see it and what is it on?
What do you mean 400 votes? Where's the poll, I don't see it and what is it on?

never mind, i saw it and I've voted "yes"
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Holy ****, that paper... I've done all the papers and never got anything like that, it was like an FP2 paper or something :frown:

Anyone remember the mark breakdown for question 4? I got p=0, so I think I screwed up earlier on...

My teachers going to do an unofficial solutions sheet on Monday. If anyone is still interested by the I can post it
My teachers going to do an unofficial solutions sheet on Monday. If anyone is still interested by the I can post it

Yes please!!!
Original post by Skipper12345
Yes please!!!

Ok, I'll make sure I post it when I get it on Monday :smile:

Personally I know I won't remember much of what I answer, I already don't but its always nice to see it.
What do you think the boundary will be for 100 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Original post by Fox Corner
Changed the title for you :smile: Hope the exam went well!

Thank you, I'm sorry for messing the title up.

Quick Reply

Latest