Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Islamophobic would mean to have an irrational fear of Islam. I do not have an irrational fear of Islam.

I [i]do[/] know that in order to be a Muslim, you need to accept Muhammad as the messenger of Allah, despite him committing or condoning acts of genocide, rape, slavery, torture, paedophilia etc. He also boasted about inflicting acts of terror on his enemy, e.g. by cutting off their heads and fingertips. Surely a terrorist if ever there was one.
    surely u must have oceans of articles on him boasting those heinous acts and are willing to share them wid me post a reliable source though evil islam (.) com will not cut it
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    This thread is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    I suggest the qur'an.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - Quran 8:12
    thats a really good verse and now i know i am talking to someone who takes things out of context let me tell u the muslims were being attacked by a force of over 1000ppl only because of being muslims (muslims themselves were around 300 in number) the purpose of the verse was to give muslims courage and little do u know it worked as the enemies fled from the battlefield(after suffering some casualties) now onto rape and paedophilia i am very eager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    This thread is beautiful.
    the word u are looking for is fuc*ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    The verses cannot be taken out of context because terrorism is always unacceptable. Further, the character of Allah says that it will inflict terror on the unbelievers in the afterlife, and urges Muslims to do the same during their mortal lives. It is an utterly evil book, although the misdeeds of Muhammad and his followers were savage in their own right.

I am glad you at least acknowledge that Muhammad and his followers did in fact commit acts of terror, even by their own description.
    I am wasting my time here someone who doesnt understand how the whole world was constantly at war and Islam was the first to do acts like grant women rights to own property marry of their own choice(unheard of at that time ) you have been brainwashed and your ability to think with an open mind is severely compromised as a result here are some verses from quran with context which u dont understand evidently
    “There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: 2/ 256)As stated in the verse, no one can be compelled to live by Islamic morals. Conveying the existence of God and the morals of the Qur’an to other people is a duty for believers, but they call people to the path of God with kindness and love and they never force them. It is only God Who guides people to the right way. This is related in the following verse:“You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has best knowledge of the guided.” (Holy Quran/28: 56)
    That is why Muslims also treat Jews and Christians, described in the Qur’an as “the People of the Book,” with great justice, love and compassion. God says in the Qur’an:“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, 8)

God explicitly states that the existence of people from different faiths and opinions is something that we have to acknowledge and welcome heartily, for this is how He created and predestined humankind in this world:“We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (Surat al-Ma’ida, 48)In acknowledgment of this fact, Muslims have an inner love and compassion for people of all faiths, races and nations, for they consider them as the manifestations of God in this world and treat them with an heartfelt respect and love. This is the very basis of communities administered by Islamic morality.The values of the Qur’an hold a Muslim responsible for treating all people, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, kindly and justly, protecting the needy and the innocent and “preventing the dissemination of mischief”. Mischief comprises all forms of anarchy and terror that remove security, comfort and peace.“God does not love corruption”. (Surat al-Baqara, 205)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Violence and war are fundamentally wrong, before you start on subjects such as genocide, rape, torture, slavery, rape, paedophilia etc.

Muhammad did not have to start wars and kill people. Many religions and philosophies even thousands of years before Muhammad's time were able to be peaceful in terms of their view of this mortal world. Even with Christianity, Jesus never asked anybody to attack or kill anyone.

The truth is, Muhammad was the most evil person living during his lifetime in terms of intent (notably in regards his views on hell, but also his penchant for genocide, rape, slavery, torture, paedophilia etc.), and was especially savage even amongst other warlords in ancient times, nevermind the middle ages or modern times.
    You talk too much and bring no evidence of torture rape genocide and such man u are brainwashed as i stated and as evident by another rant purely based on opinion formulated through anti islamic sentiments
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saad69)
    the word u are looking for is fuc*ed
    i was being sarcastic u mong

ReputationRep:
    or you know stop invading muslim lands for oil
    Why? Surely we need it to run our Ford Focus CMAX on?

Seriously, we all really know why we invaded Iraq.

It was payback for 9/11

"significant" sections within the Sunni religion (paid by Saudi business people) attacked the USA (and hence NATO) on 9/11.

As a result, somewhere deep in a "western" bunker, deep thought decided that the best way of paying the Sunni's back was to take Iraq out of Sunni hands and pass it to the Shia majority (with Kurds).

The democracy thus created (easily the most democratic state in the arab world) lead to the "Arab Spring" and the release of Tunisa from the Sunni yoke too.

Syria will most likely be next to either go Shia (with Russian backing) and or Democratic closely followed by Libya.

The Sunni religion is unravelling all over the middle east and I would not be surprised if Saudi eventually collapses like a house of cards.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you ppl realize how big of a terrorist are you ppl killing innocent millions for the sake of a few 100.Secondly 9/11 was probably a set up and severely exaggerated the details

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad you ppl realize how big of a terrorist are you ppl killing innocent millions for the sake of a few 100.Secondly 9/11 was probably a set up and severely exaggerated the details

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually, it is not really NATO that is doing the fighting, its basically sunni versus shia (and its allies). The Sunni are not predestined to fight the Shia - they don't have to do this.

All NATO did was give the land to the LARGE democratic majority (Shia + Kurd).
    If the Shia and Sunni cannot live peacefully in this new relationship that is not the fault of NATO, that is the fault of flaws within the religions involved.

To put the fault on NATO and also deny that thousands died in 9/11 (and in numerous attacks before this eg Kenya and Sudan and elsewhere) is disingenuous. If you are a sunni muslim you would not want young students on this board to assume, you as a religious person, is a liar? Surely you have a more honest answer than the one you gave?

ReputationRep:
    Asking one sunni Muslim to answer what mostly wahabi ppl did is kinda silly or do u not know of wahabism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9/11 wouldn't have happened had US and others not stopped funding for the fighters after USSR lost the fighters had nothing to do in life and even Hilary Clinton has admitted this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    9/11 wouldn't have happened had US and others not stopped funding for the fighters after USSR lost the fighters had nothing to do in life and even Hilary Clinton has admitted this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Listen to what your saying. Your blaming the USA for its own deaths.
    Look at it this way. Suppose I sold you a gun and then you shot me dead, morally and legally 99% of the blame is on the killer. The gun seller is morally wrong too but only by a small fraction, the bulk of the blame is on the killer.

you are putting the bulk of the blame on the shop keeper. Muslims are not children, they are adults like anyone else and need to take responsibility for their own actions and not start blaming shop keepers for selling them things because they are too childish to use them responsibly.

ReputationRep:
    too many uneducated responses *facepalm*

"islam religion of peace? lol isis" aha lol isis dont portray the whole islamic community, just cos one christian did something, or the KKK treated black people in the most disgusting ways, does not mean all of Christians or white people are the same does it?

the quran said this and that. well love, the bible said a load of stuff too, there used to be capital punishment for heresy cos the bible said that. mosques dont murder people for stuff, we all live in britain where none of the sort has happened

my personal opinion on lgbt cos apparently somewebsite said we all are against it and believe they should be murdered:
    -lgbt is part of society just as religion is
    -honestly i have better and more serious issues in my life to worry about, so i dont really feel the need to tell homosexuals they should die
    -my friends are gay, repeat friends and i have never had an issue with them

people need to accept islam just as every other religion, because i assure you 100% that in every religious text you read disregarding the religion, you will find some form of belief etc that you may not agree with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Always the same argument. Do you have it copied and pasted for things like this hun? 😂😂😂
    Well what's your answer to it?
    and why do you insist on defending a religion which you most likely inherited from your family / upbringing?? If you were born in a christian family, you'd probably be christian. So you're blindly following something because you were predisposed to do so since you were born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    too many uneducated responses *facepalm*

"islam religion of peace? lol isis" aha lol isis dont portray the whole islamic community, just cos one christian did something, or the KKK treated black people in the most disgusting ways, does not mean all of Christians or white people are the same does it?

the quran said this and that. well love, the bible said a load of stuff too, there used to be capital punishment for heresy cos the bible said that. mosques dont murder people for stuff, we all live in britain where none of the sort has happened

my personal opinion on lgbt cos apparently somewebsite said we all are against it and believe they should be murdered:
    -lgbt is part of society just as religion is
    -honestly i have better and more serious issues in my life to worry about, so i dont really feel the need to tell homosexuals they should die
    -my friends are gay, repeat friends and i have never had an issue with them

people need to accept islam just as every other religion, because i assure you 100% that in every religious text you read disregarding the religion, you will find some form of belief etc that you may not agree with
    People do. Khan obviously won the election. The discussion I was having with the above muslim was rather the reasons for passing Iraq over to the Shia majority.
    You as a democratic muslim, I am sure, are very happy that the shia/kurds now run their own country and are sad that large sections of the sunni minority (including some here) cannot accept this new fairer society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    People do. Khan obviously won the election. The discussion I was having with the above muslim was rather the reasons for passing Iraq over to the Shia majority.
    You as a democratic muslim, I am sure, are very happy that the shia/kurds now run their own country and are sad that large sections of the sunni minority (including some here) cannot accept this new fairer society.
    idk if youre thinking im sunni or shia?

ReputationRep:
    idk if youre thinking im sunni or shia?
    I think, but might be wrong, that you are a british democratic muslim (or someone with muslim relatives). I have no idea what sect within that religion you might be. You just seemed upset by the thread. Not really sure why. Some comments are nice some horrible some of piste, some comic some silly. Just like all threads here on any subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    I think, but might be wrong, that you are a british democratic muslim (or someone with muslim relatives). I have no idea what sect within that religion you might be. You just seemed upset by the thread. Not really sure why. Some comments are nice some horrible some of piste, some comic some silly. Just like all threads here on any subject.
    i am a shia and love it, although i wouldn't deem myself 100% democratic...i am a strong believer but- its complicated

ReputationRep:
    i am a shia and love it, although i wouldn't deem myself 100% democratic...i am a strong believer but- its complicated
    I'm not sure I could be mates with people who wanted dictatorships. I'm sorry. Its democracy or we can't be friends.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.