Turn on thread page Beta

Most embarrassing/stupid exam mistake you've made? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It's chemistry, what can I say? It's the third hardest a-level after physics and general studies apparently
    I started AS Chem and dropped it after a month 😂. I thought that stuff was physics. I don't understand why general studies is considered so hard if most unis don't accept it. My dad's general studies exam had Urdu in it and he guessed the answers. He somehow got an A 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yhyh)
    Always forget to put the (+c) in maths integration question who else done this stupid mistake? Costs me the easiest mark in the whole paper every time!
    and guess what..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i forgot to put it in today's a-level c2 edexcel test
    Happens all the time to me and im aiming for 100% so i lose my marks there Im in A2 now :P

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a paragraph in geography in the wrong essay then had to cross it out 10 seconds to go. I have never felt pain beofre like that

ReputationRep:
    Maths : Got the velocity of a jumbo-jet in air as 20km/h and the volume of a tennis ball as 1400cm3

ReputationRep:
    Just now in Physics, put the temperature as 122 degrees after it had cooled down from 100 degrees the pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    Thanks for the reply! I thought by "wartime tensions" they meant the atomic bomb over Japan and what Russia thought, you know that they weren't told which is technically correct but is also usually in a seperate category. Just gotta hope the counter arguments get points because I don't think I was correct. I didn't mention exactly what they wanted.
    Hmm yeah I suppose that is technically it because the isolated factor was "tension within the wartime alliance" and the analysis for the bomb is that he was suspicious due to their alliance. So I'm sure you've picked up more marks than you think

ReputationRep:
    AQA Physics paper asked what a reflected sound wave is... I wrote reflection... the answer was echo :/

ReputationRep:
    Physics: forgot to convert units for 2 different questions...

ReputationRep:
    This isn't my story but I thought I'd just share it...
    In an English Literature paper someone instead of answering the question belonging to their book, like OMAM, they answered the question for a random book and realised mid-exam something was wrong so they asked for more time but it was too late....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaiBr13)
    Hmm yeah I suppose that is technically it because the isolated factor was "tension within the wartime alliance" and the analysis for the bomb is that he was suspicious due to their alliance. So I'm sure you've picked up more marks than you think
    I thought that too. Thanks I feel a bit better about it now. And I feel I did well in the sources and the other essay ( I chose the women's suffrage campaigns one ) so just have to wait and see! We have to wait ages for the results, it's ridiculous, Plenty of time to overthink and get yourself worried aha.

ReputationRep:
    2^3=6 :'(

ReputationRep:
    in a maths mock the other day, I lost a mark for writing -7 divided by 7 equals -7
    and in my real GCSE Core Biology exam, I wrote about cloning instead of Genetic Engineering because I misunderstood the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    I thought that too. Thanks I feel a bit better about it now. And I feel I did well in the sources and the other essay ( I chose the women's suffrage campaigns one ) so just have to wait and see! We have to wait ages for the results, it's ridiculous, Plenty of time to overthink and get yourself worried aha.
    I did women and the vote as well! That essay is great, I'm sure you've nailed it. And yeah sources will pull you up.

I know... I don't know how I'm going to make it till August.

ReputationRep:
    Said a neutron was negative in c1 )

ReputationRep:
    I'm really bad with telling my left from my right so I use my hands on everything. On my A2 mock chem exam i lost 4 marks over the course of the paper for getting left and right the wrong way round like which side the equilibrium shifts or where is the molecular ion peak

ReputationRep:
    I spelled my name wrong today on the P1 paper 🌝

ReputationRep:
    When trying to get X instead of X^1/2 i squared that side but other side i sqaure rooted it in the actual exam don't know wtf was going on my brain ffs !!! aghhh 2 marks lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaiBr13)
    I did women and the vote as well! That essay is great, I'm sure you've nailed it. And yeah sources will pull you up.

I know... I don't know how I'm going to make it till August.
    If I hadn't decided in the week before the exam to study that essay I would have been in trouble! I was so pleased to see that question and it is even possible that I didn't mess up the evaluation but who knows aha.
    And same, it's about 3 months away now, how long does it take to mark exams? In other countries the wait isn't as bad!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt trust my first instinct.
    It was a maths paper and i had just solved a 5 mark question on integration. Last minute I saw a negative sign that should have been positive and i redid the questiom, changing my values. Guess what? If i had left it i would have gotten all the marks, but instead I got 2 only because my teacher was generous. Always going to trust my first instinct unless proven otherwise by definite logic.

gcse biology - the question asked what is the MMR vaccine used for.

obvs its Measles Mumps and Rubella but i put something daft like polio and tetanus :sigh:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.