Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by mathsisjust)
    that's amazing! any revision tips in general for maths and further maths?
    do every past paper including other regions and solomons at least twice, seeking assistance on every question you do not completely understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    Try to understand the material rather than memorising equations and methods, do past papers to get some exam practice in (especially recent papers). Don't over-revise, take breaks and keep calm.
    Good luck with the rest of your exams :yy:
    Thanks for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    on average I think they are harder but some are easier
    I did the Jan 2016 F1 or Fp1 (whatever its called) and it was much harder compared with the exam we just did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    do every past paper including other regions and solomons at least twice, seeking assistance on every question you do not completely understand.
    @Arsey are you a student or teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    Arsey I wanted to know if you were a maths teacher and if you were male or female
    ????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Arsey if I got my value for a wrong but the following parts correct for my value of a then how many marks would I get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Arsey if I got my value for a wrong but the following parts correct for my value of a then how many marks would I get

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did you get for your value of a btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    look at the solutions in the first post

Hi Arsey

On Q7, how many follow through marks would there be for if I got the wrong value of A????

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I know I bagged 55/75.
    Atleast these solutions confirmed to me that no silly mistakes!
    Depending on the exact grade boundaries and whether or not I get anymore method marks hopefully a low to mid B!
    For my AS FM I can hopefully level the playing field with a slightly higher mark in S1 and M2. All is not lost!
    But C3 and C4 take priority and judging by the FP1 (with its new cover front page!!) I expect slightly more different and more algebraically trickier questions.
    I shall work harder!

ReputationRep:
    quick vote please
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4101989

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddhart1998)
    Okay so I know I bagged 55/75.
    Atleast these solutions confirmed to me that no silly mistakes!
    Depending on the exact grade boundaries and whether or not I get anymore method marks hopefully a low to mid B!
    For my AS FM I can hopefully level the playing field with a slightly higher mark in S1 and M2. All is not lost!
    But C3 and C4 take priority and judging by the FP1 (with its new cover front page!!) I expect slightly more different and more algebraically trickier questions.
    I shall work harder!
    I got 15 marks lower than you , got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

Mine:

73 - 100
    66 - 90
    60 - 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    Would doing R^2 = I be good to show that T was self inverse?

Because that means that transformation T followed by transformation T is just the identity matrix meaning its self inverse?

Awful paper btw
    I did that too, hoping will be sufficient...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    I got 15 marks lower than you , got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was gonna say that could be a D, but ngl its not really a consolation
    U basically did around my level bar maybe a couple of questions u found challenging, but its silly how all the GB are tightly fixed around one one point (. Its fine, you can always retake if you are in AS year!!! If not, just ace your other exams! remember this is either just a 1/3 or 1/6 or 1/12 of ur qualifaction, i dont even know what ur doing aha. but it shall be fine!!!! good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Grade boundary predictions?

Mine:

73 - 100
    66 - 90
    60 - 80
    I've never seen the FP1 100UMS boundary be less than 75, hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siddhart1998)
    I was gonna say that could be a D, but ngl its not really a consolation
    U basically did around my level bar maybe a couple of questions u found challenging, but its silly how all the GB are tightly fixed around one one point (. Its fine, you can always retake if you are in AS year!!! If not, just ace your other exams! remember this is either just a 1/3 or 1/6 or 1/12 of ur qualifaction, i dont even know what ur doing aha. but it shall be fine!!!! good luck!!!
    Thanks mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why was last year's two proof by induction question worth 6 marks each but this year the proof were only worth 5 marks? Any reason in particular? They're pretty similar proofs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    Why was last year's two proof by induction question worth 6 marks each but this year the proof were only worth 5 marks? Any reason in particular? They're pretty similar proofs
    They probably did make it 6 marks each then realized they were giving away more than 75 marks, so they cut it down.

ReputationRep:
    On the Argand diagram question if you drew the lines accordingly but didn't write the coordinate will you lose marks? if so how many? the question was out of 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    They probably did make it 6 marks each then realized they were giving away more than 75 marks, so they cut it down.
    If its 5 marks, do you get 1 mark for n=1 step, 1 mark for assumption step, 2 mark for inductive step and 1 mark for conclusion step (only if you got all other marks)?

Is this correct? (or likely to be correct since we cant be sure)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.