Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)
    Mitochondria question - was it cristae or matrix?
    This was so confusing, did not understand where it was pointing, I'm sure itwas cristae our inner membrane. I got it wrong though

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone convert for the graph question from mu into normal grams cos I got answers of x10^-9 because I thought by saying 'in standard form' they would want us to do that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Wasn't it compare amino acid and mRNA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldnt you just compare the sequence of bases and the amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiechristie)
    4 marks for the graph, 4 for the table? I think.
    I thought it was 3 marks for both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nav5678)
    i put time on the x axia and rate of change on the y axis
    i put day on x axis and rate of hydrolysis on y... is this completely wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Rate of reaction at 10c, I got 11 when I drew my tangent

ReputationRep:
    will anyone be able to post exam

ReputationRep:
    Did it not say the B secretase also increased where the question said that the mutation led to A secretase decreased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolcrisp)
    For how could you tell, I said the cellulose spread out of the diagram, and its function was to act as an enzyme for that substrate, and the substrate became the cell wall
    yh i just wasn't sure if it did act as an enzyme. But i put the same - catalyses formation of cell wall from the substrate...

(Original post by jamiechristie)
    This is what you had to do for the 4 mark graph, teacher confirmed it was correct. Joining it up to a curve or with a ruler didn't matter apparently.
    Attachment 538965
    Why is there mass of sucrose on one of the axis? You should put time on the x-axis and rate on the y-axis. Think that graph is incorrect.
    But I simply plotted the points as the question only said that; didn't join it up with a ruler or anything; what do you guys think about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola1244)
    wouldn't say 'completely' wrong lol. sounds like pretty much the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Also for the question on the draw a graph I put the rate of hydrolysis X 10^3 as it was in standard form before then I just put normal numbers, would this be allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM-)
    Also for the question on the draw a graph I put the rate of hydrolysis X 10^3 as it was in standard form before then I just put normal numbers, would this be allowed?
    Yeah. It's just an alternative form init.
    What did you guys put for the magnification number?

ReputationRep:
    well judging from these responses ive lost about 10-15 marks guaranteed
    meh

For the lipid one I put can't associate with bile salts and thus can't pass through the ileum, random guess i know haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Yeah. It's just an alternative form init.
    What did you guys put for the magnification number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lola1244)
    Everyone I know, including me, put that down.
    Looking at that graph, it seems wrong in many ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjacks)

Did you get 85mm for the measured length?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt realise you had to draw a tangent for the rate question, i just figured it out by doing a normal gradien at 10 minutes, answer was 22?

ReputationRep:

Yes

ReputationRep:

I got 85mm when i first measured it, but then measured again just in case and got 84mm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.