Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Jebedee)
    No that is a strawman. There's a difference between having abs, thigh gaps etc and simply being slim.
    I don't accept that, especially with what you've said previously. It was a very reasonable assumption that that was what you meant, particularly taking into account everything else you've been saying on this thread. If you think that size 4 and size 6 are the only attractive sizes for a girl my height then it was reasonable to assume that you were saying that you thought that girls needed to have abs and/or thigh gaps in order to be attractive. What would you classify as simply being slim then?

(Original post by drowzee)
    It's definitely not chubby. When you were 18 you were underweight, but now you're a normal healthy weight.
    Thank you. Yeah, I think it's because I used to be underweight that I'm not happy with my weight now. I sort of feel chubby even though I know I'm not actually fat if you see what I mean.

(Original post by loveleest)
    It depends on how you carry the weight tbh; I think clothing sizes are quite irrelevant sometimes.
    But generally 8/10 is not fat/chubby.
    I'm size 8 99% of the time and my measurements are 36-26-35. I have an hourglass figure. Where would you say are the best places to carry the weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm size 8 99% of the time and my measurements are 36-26-35. I have an hourglass figure. Where would you say are the best places to carry the weight?
    Size 8 is slim. 26 inch waist is nice and I would say he lower half. So like hips, legs and butt.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Size 8 is slim. 26 inch waist is nice and I would say he lower half. So like hips, legs and butt.
    Thank you, yeah as I said I'm hourglass so I have sort of evenly proportioned bust and lower half and a smaller waist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't accept that, especially with what you've said previously. It was a very reasonable assumption that that was what you meant, particularly taking into account everything else you've been saying on this thread. If you think that size 4 and size 6 are the only attractive sizes for a girl my height then it was reasonable to assume that you were saying that you thought that girls needed to have abs and/or thigh gaps in order to be attractive. What would you classify as simply being slim then?
    Assume what you wish. Like I said, assuming average height a UK size 8, maybe a 10 at a push if the curves are in the right places.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, yeah as I said I'm hourglass so I have sort of evenly proportioned bust and lower half and a smaller waist.
    Apparently I'm now alloed to post properly on this thread, but feel free to pm me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Apparently I'm now alloed to post properly on this thread, but feel free to pm me
    dont smile please. cheers
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm small but not extra small/extremely skinny. I'm small and petite but a bit curvy (not in the sense that basically means overweight though). I have an hourglass figure, I'm 5"3.5 and my measurements are: Bust: 36, Waist: 26, Hips: 35.
    Height-wise I'd say extra small, possibly even child's sizes; but to counteract your bust, I'd say small/medium

ReputationRep:
    You sound perfectly healthy, as long as you're eating well and nutritiously with exercise (when you're well of course) then your weight shouldn't be a problem. Definitely focus more on your health and wellbeing than you clothes size but size 8/10 is slim for any height really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Height-wise I'd say extra small, possibly even child's sizes; but to counteract your bust, I'd say small/medium
    You know the average height for a woman is around 5'3- 5'4 right? not sure how you came to the conclusion she is child size.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do take care with my appearance so hopefully that would be fine. Yes, you're probably right haha.

You shouldn't be worried then

(Original post by Jebedee)
    Assume what you wish. Like I said, assuming average height a UK size 8, maybe a 10 at a push if the curves are in the right places.
    You do know that the average height of a woman in the UK is 5"3 right? So, since I'm 5"3.5 and a size 8 I'm "chubby", "wide and dumpy", "fat" AND "slim" now according to your different comments. Brilliant logic there I must say.

(Original post by Andy98)
    Child's sizes haha! The average height for a women in the UK is 5"3! I don't even need petite clothes let alone children's clothes!

(Original post by emmarough)
    You sound perfectly healthy, as long as you're eating well and nutritiously with exercise (when you're well of course) then your weight shouldn't be a problem. Definitely focus more on your health and wellbeing than you clothes size but size 8/10 is slim for any height really!
    Thank you!

(Original post by slamtheworld)
    You shouldn't be worried then
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I am nearly 21 and have put on weight since leaving school. When I was 18 I was a size 4/size 6, 6 and a half stone and had a 22 inch waist. Now I am wearing a mixture of size 6 and size 8 clothes which are getting too small so I'm probably a size 8/size 10 really. I'm about 8 stone and now have measurements of 36-27-34. I've had to take a few gap years due to illness so because of this I've not been able to exercise. I'm planning to go to uni in 2017 and I'm feeling a bit unhappy with my weight now. Any other girls of similar age and height, what size are you? Does that sound chubby or like I need to lose weight?
    I am 5"2 and I fit into size 10/12 clothes, about 9 stone. Honestly you are all good 🙂. If you really want to get some excercise in though, try and workout at home! I'm trying to get a bit more active myself, I don't do a massive load of cardio or anything I just do some sit ups, push ups, squats, stretches and planking. If you want to put some cardio in get a jump rope or do whatever you fancy.

(Original post by there's too much love)
    Thank you, I'm not sure if I can pm anonymously though? Can anyone else answer that? I would prefer to remain anonymous when talking about this if at all possible. Anyway, thank you very much for all your help and advice though.

(Original post by Musiccrazyloz)
    I am 5"2 and I fit into size 10/12 clothes, about 9 stone. Honestly you are all good 🙂. If you really want to get some excercise in though, try and workout at home! I'm trying to get a bit more active myself, I don't do a massive load of cardio or anything I just do some sit ups, push ups, squats, stretches and planking. If you want to put some cardio in get a jump rope or do whatever you fancy.
    Thank you and yes I think I will try to do some exercise at home.

Okay, so I want to say thank you very much to everyone who has taken the time to reply to the thread so far. It's been really helpful! It's been great that most of the replies have been very positive: saying that I'm not chubby, I'm a healthy weight and I'm fine the way I am etc. Logically, I think that you are all probably right about that but also taking into account what everyone has said about how it's important to be happy yourself with your weight/size I think I will only be fully happy with myself in terms of that if I do lose weight.
    I would be hoping to lose about 1 stone and get back to being a size 6. Is it possible to lose 1 stone in approximately 2 months? And does anyone have any advice on the best way to do it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.