Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    What you think you've got: a mixture of A* and A with an ungraded in french

Predicted grades: same thing but for some reason my teacher has redicted me an A in FRENCH!? not gonna happen

What you've actually got: considering i revised the day before for some of my subjects hmmmm

How are you feeling about results day? getting ready to move outta the country and start a new life away from people i know

How are you going to open your results? well at my school my parents are ugh gonna get the results online on the night of the 24th so i not exactly gonna be the one opening them

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative) english lit, maths, chemistry, biology

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) uhh how?
    Are you being serious about the U in french?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I'm not really nervous for results day, because my predicted grades were BAD.

For anyone who did AQA Maths(Unit 1,2 and 3), What do you think will be the marks required for an A/A*?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ah I'm so nervous !!

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got:

Worst case: 5A*s 3As 2Bs
    Best case: 9A*s 1A

Predicted grades:

English Lit: A
    English Lang: A
    Maths: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    French: A*
    History: A*
    Computer science: A*
    RE: A*

What you've actually got:

We shall see

How are you feeling about results day?

Extremely nervous, mainly due to parents reactions (their life is basically wanting A*s)

How are you going to open your results?

In school

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)

Maths and Further maths, biology, chemistry and physics!

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)

I would like to but don't think I'd be in the right mindset to do it!

Can't believe results month is tomorrow! The biggest results of our life omfg will be here in 25 days!! Feels like last year I was in year 7 thinking about how excited I was to finish secondary school and get my GCSE results, but now I wish to go back to year 7!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireti)
    What you think you've got: a mixture of A* and A with an ungraded in french

Predicted grades: same thing but for some reason my teacher has redicted me an A in FRENCH!? not gonna happen

What you've actually got: considering i revised the day before for some of my subjects hmmmm

How are you feeling about results day? getting ready to move outta the country and start a new life away from people i know

How are you going to open your results? well at my school my parents are ugh gonna get the results online on the night of the 24th so i not exactly gonna be the one opening them

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative) english lit, maths, chemistry, biology

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) uhh how?
    Why are you getting a U in french?? And why are your parents getting your grades before you and before the rest of the country?? I swear that's not allowed because they're your grades so you get to decide whether you want to show them or not?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got:
    Best case: my predicted grades
    Worst case: 7A*s 4As 1B

Predicted grades:
    A*s in maths, both English, 3 sciences, computer science, history, religious studies, French, Spanish, and A^ in further maths

What you've actually got:
    Remains to be seen!
    How are you feeling about results day?
    Apprehensive

How are you going to open your results?
    Probably in a corner on my own in school

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
    Maths, chemistry, physics, biology and Spanish

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
    Absolutely not!!

ReputationRep:
    just realised fsmq results come out on a level results day.. might try and go into school to get them, if they're posted home i'll have to deal with my parents' disappointment
    if i get a U or something i'll burn it and pretend it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Ah I'm so nervous !!
    Me too omg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hope we enjoy results day and not hate it for ever

ReputationRep:
    25 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries are usually released the day before results right?

Also when they're released are is the UMS calculator (on the AQA website) updated to match?

ReputationRep:
    Man, I can't stop thinking about results day!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffpuffle)
    Grade boundaries are usually released the day before results right?

Also when they're released are is the UMS calculator (on the AQA website) updated to match?
    Yeah, they are. Although, I don't know if I'll want to know! In all fairness, it'll probably be all over social media, so won't be able to avoid it anyhow. Oh well. Regarding your second question, I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Man, I can't stop thinking about results day!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophFlorence)
    Yeah, they are. Although, I don't know if I'll want to know! In all fairness, it'll probably be all over social media, so won't be able to avoid it anyhow. Oh well. Regarding your second question, I'm not too sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

I wish I could say I was one of those people who wouldn't look but one of my CAs is borderline and if the Maths P1 boundary is a bit lower I might have scraped an A so I will not be able to resist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffpuffle)
    Thanks

I wish I could say I was one of those people who wouldn't look but one of my CAs is borderline and if the Maths P1 boundary is a bit lower I might have scraped an A so I will not be able to resist
    Haha- indeed. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got: 4xB 5xC 2xD (**** compared to everyone else but it's complicated)

Predicted grades: Depressingly higher

What you've actually got

how are you feeling about results day?: Doesn't quite feel real yet but starting to get anxious

How are you going to open your results?: On the way walking home from school, on my own

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative): Biology, Psycology and History hopefully

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube?: Hell no

ReputationRep:
    24 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    Anyone doing english lit at AS? If so would u need revision guides and which one?
    I'm doing English lit and when I went to induction day the teacher told me you don't need any specific guides and we will be given the books we are studying for annotation

ReputationRep:
    Time is flying away

23 days fr grade boundaries
    24 days for results

ReputationRep:
    Today is the 1st of August - by which point, all scripts for GCSE have (/should) have been marked and results handed in for moderation to Ofqual.

To think that in some office somewhere, on some computer somewhere, in some file somewhere; there are a series of numbers that I would really like to know, a series of numbers which would dispel so much anxiety, a series of numbers that I have to wait another 24 days to find out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.